Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think from our big four players will get traded this season?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you think from our big four players will get traded this season?!

I just thought it will be interesting to see whether you think or not any of our core players will be traded this season.

Should be fun to check the Raptors W-L standing and this pole coming the trade deadline.

Also trade ideas of how to improve the team will be also interesting to hear.
    Calderon
    30.00%
    Turkoglu
    10.00%
    Bosh
    10.00%
    Bargnani
    0.00%
    None of our core players will get traded
    30.00%
    someone other then our core players will get traded
    20.00%

I don't foresee anything significant happening on the trade front.

Two scenarios I see that COULD happen. The first, BC deals some secondary players away for some 2nd round picks to make up for the ones we've lost over the last couple seasons.

The second and most significant and highly unlikely, is that Bosh and Colangelo come to a mutual agreement that its time to part ways. I don't think Bosh will pull a Carter and leave the Raps hanging. Highly unlikely that he'll be dealt before the deadline in February, but possibly before July 1st after the season is over. This being done so BC can coordinate a sign-and-trade with someone in order for Bosh to get maximum money and the Raps to get maximum return value for Bosh.

Hedo and Bargs aren't going anywhere anytime soon and I don't see too many takers for Jose considering his contract and the fact there's another 3 years owed.

Comment

I think Marcus Banks will get traded after BC gets some GM drunk at the all-star weekend and convinces him of Banks tremendous upside.

Seriously, maybe a role player, but nobody from their starting five goes - unless the season goes completely in the trash and Bosh has no interest in coming back and wants out. Then maybe they could swing a deal at the deadline. But that's a huge maybe.

Comment

The only trade I see happening is my favourite Raptor, Amir Johnson, leaving at the deadline because his deal expires. These days with the economy the way it is expiring deals are as valuable as allstar players.

Comment

Jose Calderon

I don't see Colangelo trading Hedo or Bargnani after investing so much in them this past summer. He clearly has a lot of confidence in their abilities and I don't think that will vanish in such a short time. Down the road? Possibly, heck probably, but not so quickly. I also can't imagine BC trading Bosh unless Bosh unequivocally declares that he is unwilling to re-sign in Toronto. That he wants out of the franchise.

I see the team failing to meet BC's expectations so I do see him looking to make a change during the season. Not a token change, but a substantial one. The only player left on the roster with enough juice in the trade market to bring about that change is Jose Calderon. I think there's a good chance Jose is traded before the year is out.
          nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
            I see the team failing to meet BC's expectations so I do see him looking to make a change during the season. Not a token change, but a substantial one. The only player left on the roster with enough juice in the trade market to bring about that change is Jose Calderon. I think there's a good chance Jose is traded before the year is out.
            Interesting Dave. I guess in the right system Jose could be a valuable asset. Perhaps most of us are emphasizing so much at his piss poor defence that we forget the great things he can do on the court at times.

Comment

I still have a hard time seeing MLSE guaranteeing Chris Bosh a max deal.
              But that's what they keep saying they'll do?
              The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Jose's gonna go if someone does. Bargs's extension makes him harder to trade and he seems to bring more offence anyway. Who could the Raptors get as a pg though? Would trying to muscle into the rumoured Knicks/Rockets trade make sense. I have seen very little of him, but might Kyle Lowry on the Rockets be what the Raptors need? Fast, can defend (from what I know), shaky jumper but good D at the point of attack seems worth a shot given how awful the Raps D is so far this year.

Comment

I voted for Jose because that's what my gut told me. It makes sense for Bosh to be traded but I think that depends a lot on team performance till January.

Comment

Working...
                  X