Do we want Mike Brown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we want Mike Brown?

He was recently fired from the Cavs and would bring at least some championship calibre coaching who, after coaching the likes of LBJ, wouldn't take any BS from our guys. He seems to be a decent coach if nothing else... certainly a significant improvement over Triano.

What'ya think?

He doesn't have championship calibre coaching. That's why JVG kicked the shit out of the Cavs last playoffs. Mike Brown doesn't have the X's and O's to make it through the playoffs (or even worse, without LeBron James).

Comment

No thank you, Triano is doing just fine
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I've never thought of Mike Brown as a remotely good coach. The guy is probably the least creative coach in the league and hasn't proven anything. A six year old could have probably done the same job as him, which is to sit and watch Lebron run the team, then maybe throw a hissy-fit now and again to make it seem like you're important.

Comment

Honestly I rather have Triano.

Comment

Hell no

Comment

Maybe as an assistant coach he's pretty good at developing defensive plans. He must know how to stop LBJ and his weaknesses

Comment

MaGIX wrote: View Post
                Hell no
                You may not agree but I think that Triano did a very good job in developing Johnson (who people thought of as a garbage man to back up to Evans), Weems (who nobody wanted) and DeRozan.

Yes DeRozan is not what one would want as a starting #2 because he still needs an outside shot and a lot better defensive capabilities but I he is still only 20 until August. I think he made good progress last year as the 5th option on offense of one of the best scoring teams in the league.

He did average almost 9 ppg in just 21 mpg He also shot 50% from the field, yes a lot of those were dunks but they count too, and 76% from the free throw line.

I don't know of any other rookie guard in the league that shot 50% from the field and over 75% from the free throw line. There may have been a couple but no more than that.

As regulars on this forum know I have followed Big Dawg's career since his Westchester high school days. Triano did more to develop his game last season than the Pistons did with him in four years.
                Triano showed that he can develop young players. That quality in my opinion can not minimized and should not be overlooked.
                Last edited by Buddahfan; Mon May 24, 2010, 12:17 PM.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Of COURSE we want Mike Brown coaching the Raptors. The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side for Raptors fans. Always.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Wasn't our main issue with Triano was his ability to handle soft players (read Turkoglu).
                    Would Mike Brown be able to toughen them up a little bit?

Comment

Do we want Mike Brown?
                      mike brown is better then triano ... agree
                      is brown a good coach/ no he ain't
                      triano is cheaper
                      if i buy shit atleast i buy cheap

btw fire triano

Comment

Mike Brown never coached a day in his life
                        the game plan was give it to Lebron
                        please no, coach of the year doesnt mean shit

just ask Smitch

Comment

Mike Brown was a horrible coach, with that cavs roster anybody would look good coaching. When it comes down to it Triano is doing fine if he can come up with some sort of defense depending on our roster next year...personal preference for me would to bring back Sam Mitchell even as an assistant, he would hold every player accountable for a bad performance.

Comment

um... no, because we already have a coach, what a stupid question.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Priest wrote: View Post
                              Mike Brown was a horrible coach, with that cavs roster anybody would look good coaching. When it comes down to it Triano is doing fine if he can come up with some sort of defense depending on our roster next year...personal preference for me would to bring back Sam Mitchell even as an assistant, he would hold every player accountable for a bad performance.
                              Hopefully Triano will tighten things up a bit or a couple of bits in 2010-11. I am willing to cut him some slack on this given that this was his first full year as head coach and the fact that the Raptors had nine new players.

However, if BC and Triano can't start to plug the gushing leak that is the Raptors defense this season than I will be first in line calling for both of their exits ASAP after the 2010-11 season.

Comment

Working...
                              X