No announcement yet.

Bosh to Meet With Lebron, Wade & Joe Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why some people are here nagging about this. These are group of friend who want to see if they can play with each other and make the next 7-8 years of their lives more fun and in the processes make history.

There is nothing wrong with that and I am actually looking forward to see which one of these groups will be successful in winning more rings.

Now, Doesn't Joe Johnson play in the same position as Wade ?
    I don't think we will see Wade and Lebron on the same team and I don't think we will see Wade and JJ at the same team so the combinations can be:

Bosh and Wade
    JJ and Lebron

I still think Wade will stay in Miami and Bosh will join him there. No State tax and beautiful women and weather is just too much for anyone to say no to Miami.

Lebron and JJ will go to Chicago and will create a Monster of a team:

Rose, JJ, Lebron, Noah

This is my prediction for this summer.

Comment

As of July 1st, they are no longer unionized employees. They are Free Agents looking to land a job that pays them well and puts them in a situation they feel is best for them (whether that means championship, beaches, or beautiful women is entirely up to them).

And had teams like New York, Miami, New Jersey, etc not created so much additional cap space, the players in question would have nothing to discuss. The players could then only request S&T and if their respective franchises didn't like the pieces coming back, they could say no. As it stands right now, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and Co are standing at a buffet line and it's the fault of the franchises, not the players.

Comment

How are they not unionized then? They're not employees of their current teams then but they're still part of the players' union.

Comment

I don't see how the player's union could do anything about this, at all. You can't force a player to sign anywhere, and as long as the players are paid legit under the rules of the collective bargaining agreement there's nothing wrong with any player signing with any team for any amount they want.

While this summer is certainly unprecedented, I don't see how the 4 of them getting together to discuss things isn't anything more than a big publicity stunt. They'll probably just end up playing PS3 the whole night.

I'd be completely shocked if any of them actually stayed true to their "winning is the most important thing" mantra and leave millions on the table. They could all sign in New York or Miami for a quarter of their max earnings potential and play on an All Star team every night. I'm leaning towards each one of them doing "what is best for me and my family", which they can't really be blamed for.

So they may be on new teams, maybe a couple will be paired up, but in the end this big meeting will be much ado about nothing.

Though it's probably a good thing for the league that players signing for much less than market value (on purpose) doesn't happen very often and/or to a large extent.
          Last edited by Mess; Fri May 28, 2010, 01:40 PM.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
            As of July 1st, they are no longer unionized employees. They are Free Agents looking to land a job that pays them well and puts them in a situation they feel is best for them (whether that means championship, beaches, or beautiful women is entirely up to them).

And had teams like New York, Miami, New Jersey, etc not created so much additional cap space, the players in question would have nothing to discuss. The players could then only request S&T and if their respective franchises didn't like the pieces coming back, they could say no. As it stands right now, Lebron, Wade, Bosh, and Co are standing at a buffet line and it's the fault of the franchises, not the players.
            Being employed by a team and being part of a union are two different things. They will still have the benefits of the union, like medical, or whatever else they offer. And they still have to follow the rules of the union since they will continue to be union members.

If an auto worker is laid off from his job, he still belongs to the autoworkers union unless he finds another profession.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Imagine if a group of TTC workers decided to get together to discuss how they could get the best shifts with the easiest routes and the most requiring overtime pay? Is this their decision to make in the first place?That doesnt mean they cant ask for it through the regular ways but they cant demand it. The TTC authority assigns who works where thats the way its been decided on and agreed to with the public.

Comment

thomas1 wrote: View Post
                Imagine if a group of TTC workers decided to get together to discuss how they could get the best shifts with the easiest routes and the most requiring overtime pay? Is this their decision to make in the first place?That doesnt mean they cant ask for it through the regular ways but they cant demand it. The TTC authority assigns who works where thats the way its been decided on and agreed to with the public.
                i agree.

i think its utter bullshit these guys are sitting down with each other to discuss their futures.

this is a competition. people want to rivalries. why the hell would i, as a diehard hometeam fan want my superstar to be friends with another superstar from another city? if LBJ goes to Miami for a visit, he gets all chummy chummy with DWade, but a fan wearing a Cavs jersey struttin his stuff downtown Miami, do you think people will be pleasant??

with this "meeting" it also alienates other players in the NBA. if im an NBA free agent, ill be going, what the fuck, dont i get invited to this meeting? am i not good enough for this stupid clique??

and to tell you the truth, these donks are making millions and millions of dollars, and they think about their futures, their own businesses, but everybody seems to forget about the FANS

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                  i agree.

i think its utter bullshit these guys are sitting down with each other to discuss their futures.

this is a competition. people want to rivalries. why the hell would i, as a diehard hometeam fan want my superstar to be friends with another superstar from another city? if LBJ goes to Miami for a visit, he gets all chummy chummy with DWade, but a fan wearing a Cavs jersey struttin his stuff downtown Miami, do you think people will be pleasant??

with this "meeting" it also alienates other players in the NBA. if im an NBA free agent, ill be going, what the fuck, dont i get invited to this meeting? am i not good enough for this stupid clique??

and to tell you the truth, these donks are making millions and millions of dollars, and they think about their futures, their own businesses, but everybody seems to forget about the FANS

You're completely right, I don't even get the point of the meeting, what would they be saying to each other that will effect the others decision, they all probably made up their mind anyways. I donn't get why Joe Johnson is among that group though? he shouldn't get anywhere near the max contract for his futile play in the second round sweep by the magic.

Comment

Working...
                  X