Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm happy as can be, but at the same time a little disappointed. I was so hoping that Hedo was going to be better than advertised prior to this season, but him moving on from Toronto is the best thing right now.

All I can say is that the 2010-11 Toronto Raptors are going to look even more different than this past year. Doesn't really help team cohesiveness but can it really get any worse than now?

Comment

i dont think he can come back after this
      the guy has dug himself into a hole
      and it seems like he thinks he has to dig himself out

Comment

If this is the end of Turkoglu in Toronto than I doubt it'll end up being a VC part 2.

What happened with VC was just horrible and a total mismanagement by Babcock.

BC thankfully, although he appears to have had some difficulty with his player acquisitions over the past 2 seasons, has historically been a very shrewd and experienced GM.

If anything happens with Turk I imagine it would be a trade. For everyone saying "Yeah but every team can play hardball because he made his position known and he had a terrible season", don't assume this is the be all end all. This attitude may work when no one has respect for a GM (IE. BABCOCK), but have no doubt that the majority of GMs and owners have a great deal of respect for BC - I don't believe for a second they would try to strong arm BC with these types of lame excuses. They know Turk had extenuating external problems (whatever they may be), and that last season was more an anomaly than an underlying fundamental character flaw.

So yeah, I'm putting my money on a trade that will be good for both parties. Hope I'm right...

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
          the guy has dug himself into a hole
          Sorry, Any hole is better than A Black Hole.

To escape there, He just needs:
          A- Be quicker than the Light itself, no matter what cost is.
          B- Waits till a black-hole explosion take place.

He apparently has picked option A.

Comment

Call to Action - Give Hedo a 2nd Chance

In the event BC doesn't trade him (for whatever reasons), Hedo will need all the support he can possibly get to rectify his relationship with the team and the fans. That said, I think it would be immensely beneficial for Hedo to have his wife and child to move here during the season.

In the best interests of the fans, the city and the team, I don't want any of this "Hedo summer drama" to be used as an excuse next season by anyone (by Hedo, the team or the fans). This is why I'm going to judge Hedo solely on his on-court production next season - as nothing more than the professional basketball player he is.

If Hedo is still a Toronto Raptor when training camp starts, I'm going to choose to forget everything in order to give him a clean slate, a fresh start, a 2nd chance. I hope all of you here and everyone else in the Republic do so too.
            Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sat May 29, 2010, 01:45 AM.
            RR OG

Comment

Turks is a damn douche bag. Even the way Vince bitched himself out of town looks better than the way The Big fart is doing.

Comment

At this point if Hedo isn't accepting a relatively low buy-out, it makes no sense to trade him. Luckily this is possible given the large amount of cap space people have, but Hedo's value isn't exactly as high as it was last season.

In any case, I would welcome Hedo back to Toronto next season. And if he isn't professional about it and refuses to play, fine his ass for every refusal. That's my solution to the situation.

Comment

I think Hedo market value isn't as low around the league as it is in Toronto right now. You could argue he still has all his skills but there were chemistry issues with the coach and he wasn't being used to his full potential.

Unfortunately that doesn't exactly make the Raptors look very attractive to future free agents.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Hedo proves once more that he is an idiot, trying to make up excuses for his bad behavior.
                    It is hilarious how Hedo is trying to blame Raptors management for his poor decision: if Hedo was asked to go home and get rest, then he shouldn't go to bar even if Euros invited him. His excuse is that Euros invited him? Hedo deserved the fine and his excuse is so lame.
                    However, regardless of what happen back there, to came out like this and publicly say that you won't return to Toronto after he was dogging for an entire year, is just so Hedo-ish. I was right about him, he is just a prick.

Comment

Noc wrote: View Post
                      If this is the end of Turkoglu in Toronto than I doubt it'll end up being a VC part 2.

What happened with VC was just horrible and a total mismanagement by Babcock.

BC thankfully, although he appears to have had some difficulty with his player acquisitions over the past 2 seasons, has historically been a very shrewd and experienced GM.
                      It can't be a VC scenario. This is the off-season, not mid-season. Babcock pulled the trigger too soon but any manager who is placed in such a situation isn't going to come out of it looking like a genius. Could Colangelo have landed more if he was in the situation? Maybe but maybe he would have rolled the dice on some high risk deals that Babcock steered clear of. It's hard to say. I'm not so sure a GM is going to give Colangelo more than Babcock because he wears better suits and is more personable. As of right now, that's the only real thing the distinguishes him from Babcock. Babcock made a lot of mistakes while being dealt a bad hand. Colangelo has made a lot of mistake while being dealt a good hand.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Could Colangelo have landed more if he was in the situation? Maybe but maybe he would have rolled the dice on some high risk deals that Babcock steered clear of.
                        What part of the VC trade wasn't high risk? I mean, aside from Eric and Aaron Williams. Draft picks are high risk. An aging, injury plagued center that didn't want to play in Toronto is another big risk. The VC trade is atrocious, and from the reports at the time it was all because Babcock wanted two picks instead of one. He insisted on two picks and that's why we got screwed so royally.

Colangelo, for all his mistakes, has yet to make one as awful as Babcock. The Hoffa over Iggy pick was dreadful, and the VC trade was even worse. Not trading the #7 and #16 picks for a chance at Chris Paul/Deron Williams was also pretty bad, but maybe that's just hindsight. I actually believe several bloggers would have done a better job than Babcock in his short tenure, and I'm not even exagerating.

Comment

wrong

wrong

wrong

wrong

I took the wrong road
                          That led to the wrong tendencies
                          I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
                          For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
                          I used the wrong method with the wrong technique

Wrong

Wrong

There's something wrong with me chemically
                          Something wrong with me inherently
                          I reached the wrong ends by the wrong means
                          It was the wrong plan
                          In the wrong hands
                          The wrong theory for the wrong man
                          The wrong eyes on the wrong prize
                          The wrong questions with the wrong replies

Wrong

Wrong

I was marching to the wrong drum
                          With the wrong scum
                          Pissing out the wrong energy
                          Using all the wrong lines
                          And the wrong signs
                          With the wrong intensity
                          I was on the wrong page of the wrong book
                          With the wrong rendition of the wrong look
                          With the wrong moon, every wrong night

With the wrong tune playing till it sounded right yeah

Wrong

Wrong
                          (Too long)
                          Wrong
                          (Too long)

Wrong

Now its the right time to "Enjoy The Silence" , Hedo
                          Last edited by Vellassco; Sun May 30, 2010, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Eric Smith's view on the situation

I'm very disappointed in Hedo Turkoglu and how he has handled this 'situation'. It would have been better for ALL parties involved if things had been kept in-house. And I'm still trying to figure out how a guy can write-off next season before even knowing who his teammates will be and how that could (positively) impact his game and his 'comeback' from a lackluster 2009-10 season.
                            Eric Smith's Blog

Comment

Possible answer to Eric Smith's question

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I'm very disappointed in Hedo Turkoglu and how he has handled this 'situation'. It would have been better for ALL parties involved if things had been kept in-house.
                                This is one of those situations were I don't think it matters a damn thing if the player goes public with his trade demand. His trade value is already set (it doesn't lower his value, it doesn't make a trade harder to negotiate) and everyone already knows he was unhappy with his role/play with the Raptors.

Absolutely nothing has changed by this demand becoming public.
                                nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
                                X