This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddahfan,

I'm not arguing that the Raptors are more effective with Bosh than with Johnson.

I'm saying we've never seen Johnson's ability/inability to handle steady double teams, because he's never faced them at the professional level. Meanwhile, this is a normal occurrence for Bosh - good teams run a second or third guy at him all game long.

I'm interested to see how Johnson will do if he continuously beats his man 1-on-1, leading to double teams when he catches the ball in the post.

That's a whole different ballgame.

Comment

Dan wrote: View Post
      Buddahfan,

I'm not arguing that the Raptors are more effective with Bosh than with Johnson.

I'm saying we've never seen Johnson's ability/inability to handle steady double teams, because he's never faced them at the professional level. Meanwhile, this is a normal occurrence for Bosh - good teams run a second or third guy at him all game long.

I'm interested to see how Johnson will do if he continuously beats his man 1-on-1, leading to double teams when he catches the ball in the post.

That's a whole different ballgame.
      Johnson is never in my opinion going to be the #1 scoring option on any team that he plays for and probably not even the #2 scoring option though that might some day be possible.

So it is highly unlikely that Johnson will ever get double teamed like Bosh does.

In addition most of Johnson's scoring comes when he is facing the basket, from which it is very difficult to double team a player. Double teams come on guys that post up and get the ball on the wing. They can also come on the pick and roll which Johnson could some day be subject to.

The point is, is that even if Johnson some day winds up averaging 15 - 20 a game on offense which I think would be his maximum ceiling I doubt that he will ever get double teamed a lot.

Johnson's advantage over Bosh is that he plays better defense, especially help defense, he does a better job off of the offensive glass and the ball on offense does not die with him like it does with Bosh.

There games are very very different and they benefit their teams in totally different ways.

Bosh is your prototypical 22-24 - 11-12 big man with average to slightly below average defense.

I see Johnson eventually as a 17 - 8 guy with possibly an all nba defense team award even if only on the third team but it could be higher. All of this provided that he can favorably resolve his foul problem
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
      X