I'm All In...A Big Gamble Could Help Keep Bosh in Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm All In...A Big Gamble Could Help Keep Bosh in Toronto

With just about every major sports writer in north america having already determined the fate of our franchise player, I am one of the few optomistic raptor fans who believes that BC is devising and scheming at this very moment a plan which will keep the team competitive next year WITH CB4 in the lineup. I'm not gonna bore anyone with what the Raptors have to offer bosh in terms of marketing opportunities, or an adoring fan base, etc etc because it comes down to 2 things: Money and Winning. Toronto will offer CB4 the max whether u think he is a max player or not, so MLSE needs to take some chances and take their balls out of their purse. We have seen too many times what happens when you don't go all in when your short stacked in chips (cough cough Jermaine Oneal, cough cough Turkolglu).

Without further ado, here is an eggs in one basket, 7 step plan for saving the Raptors organization.

1. Move Jose Calderon/Hedo Turkoglu, Marcus Banks,Reggie Evans, 2011 and 2012 2nd round pick to the Washignton Wizards for Gilbert Arenas.

Thats right, the gun toting, team mate threatening man himself agent zero. The Wiz can have whichever player out of Turk and Jose that they want and with the expiring contract of banks and two deferred draft picks, they have turned a liability into assets (and cap relief.) Hell i'd even take Nick Young from the Wiz if they wanted us to. John Wall is packing his bag for Washignton right now, and with the trading of Butler, Haywood, and Jamison, if you didnt already know, the Wiz are officially in rebuild mode and have no use for Arenas. Picking up a guy who can contribute right away while not hampering the development of Wall is HUGE, and the expiring contracts of Evans and Banks is pretty much the icing on the cake.

So why would the Raps do this? Gilbert contributed fairly well last season and actually surprised most people (not talking about the loaded handguns in the lockeroom) by his solid play and showed flashes of being his old self. With a change of scenery and living in a country where no one can carry a handgun but a cop, this may be exactly what the Raps are looking for. Sure his contract is brutal, but id rather overpay him than have another season of madator defense from jose or a 610 SF who wants to be the fucking point guard. WIth Gilbert running the point and Jaret Jack being the clear number 2, the raps for the first time since Damon Stoudamire would have a legitimate starting one gaurd who can score in bunches and dish the rock.

2. Move Jose Calderon/Hedo Turkoglu, Antione Wright, and our #13 pick to the Philadelphia 76ers for Andre Iguodala.

Lou Williams is not a legitimate playmaker. The problem since Andre Miller left was that Philly did not have a guy who could set up Brand in the post, run the pick and roll, and set the pace of the game. Either Jose or Turk could facilitate the offense for the Sixers and with a young PG in Jrue Holliday, they need a veteran presence that can run and calm the team. Andre Iguodala has had a shitty attitude the past season and is clearly not the guy Philly wants to build a franchise around, rather he's a second or 3rd option on a contending team. Cue the lottery draft, fastforward to draft night, and with the second overall pick the 76ers select Evan Turner. A dynamic scoring 2 gaurd drawing comparisons to Dwayne Wade. Suddenly Andre is even more expendable and seems like more of an obstacle to the development of Turner. So why not flip him for a defending wing which they desperately need, another lottery pick, and a playmaker who can calm an out of control and eratic team who last season couldnt close a game to save their lives. Whats in it for Toronto? Well if we would have passed on Rafael Arujuo he would be ours already, but thats in the past and presently Andre fulfills our biggest need. An athletic, defensive, scoring, all star calibre YOUNG wing player. Nuff said.

3. Resign Amir Johnson.

This kid was unreal last season, getting better everyday and has an unbelievable work ethic. Great guy to be the first big off the bench.

4. Hire Avery Johnon

This is more of a pipe dream but I dont think if you are going to try and juggle egos like Gilbert and AI, that a second year coach (no offense jay) can handle the responsibility. Avery would light a fire under the ass of players when needed and is respected across the league. Seems like he would want to coach this team as well because it would be considered a contender in its conferance and has a lot of weapons much like the Mavericks team he last coached. No brainer for BC to sign a big name coach if he is going for it all this season, and Jay could be kept on board as an assistant for rubbing players egos and breaking the odd clipboard.

5. Use Mid Level Exception to Sign a Defensive Minded Big- Ideally Brendan Haywood or Joel Anthony

This year the fourth big cannot be a Reggie Evans or Rasho Nesterovic type player. Gotta have some athleticism and size. Even though Haywood is ideal, I think realistically Joel Anthony would be what actually would happen and why not? The kid can straight up block shots and rebound, and his offense gets beter each year (marginally). Oh ya hes a Canadian too.

6. Sign Raja Bell

This guy is what we call "the glue." Class act, passionate veteran who's best days are behind him but can be the difference between a nightmare season and a deep playoff push. The guy can still play defense, can knock down the three and best of all would be pretty cheap all things considered. He would help lock down the wing position and would be a huge positive for the development of our young guns. Not to mention from a leadership standpoint, he would help out Bosh tremendously by having another high basketball IQ veteran.

7. BC calls up Chris Bosh

Ringgg Ringg....

Bosh: Wuddup Brian?

BC: Nothing Chris, except that we want to offer you a max contract and have no interest in trading you. Before you hang up I'd like you to hear the roster I have lined up for next season.

Centre- Andrea Bargnani, Joel Anthony

Power Forward- Chris Bosh, Amir Johnson

Small Forward- Andre Iguodala, Raja Bell

Shooting Gaurd- Demar Derozan, Sonny Weems

Point Gaurd- Gilbert Arenas, Jaret Jack

Bosh: Damn Son thats some crazy ass shit.

BC: Yes Chris it is indeed a feasible and agressive solution. I don't know who will round out the roster probly Bellinelli, and some other garbage players, hell we may even sign Rasho to keep up the slovenian attendance. Frankly I don't give a fuck when best ten players look that good on paper.

Bosh: Well fax over the papers to my agent, we making Arabbb Moneyyy!! Peace Brian.

lol how many times have you posted that. It's like over 3 atleast xD
    Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Hahaha that's true. Tried to delete one of the repeats and ended up losing both so here's the final copy. Plus this is different since I forgot we don't have a second rounder.

Comment

Oh okay. well we aren't gonna get Iggy without the Sixers giving us a bad contract back
        Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Don't know if those trades would really be that good for the franchise but ticket sales would be through the roof for the 1st month.

Comment

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that the Raps don't have the financial flexibility to sign Amir Johnson, Joel Anthony, Raja Bell and Antoine Wright (S&T).

Comment

No Gilbert, no Iggy, no johnson, YES RAJA.

Comment

without going over the salary cap, the raps have enough space to sign Amir Johnson. The raps do have the MLSE to possibly sign Joel Anthony or Raja Bell but Antoine Wright is a free agent and can't be used in any trades unless S & T.

Comment

Gurk wrote: View Post
                  Oh okay. well we aren't gonna get Iggy without the Sixers giving us a bad contract back
                  I think the sixers would part with Iggy for less than you think. For arguements sake lets say they wanted to alter the deal in a big way by us sending calderon, turk plus filler, and taking brand and iggy in return. No question I would accept that deal if the filler didn't include a 1st rounder, and even then I could be persuaded. The washington trade would no longer be possible but you also wouldnt need to worry about a finding a fourth big.

Iggy is a special young player who is very attractive to the raptors because there is no other way to fill in the needs of this franchise in one swoop. Barring trading Bosh and Bargnani, the Raps should trade in the kitchen sink if it means securing an Iggy calibre wing.

Comment

I read somewhere that Doug Collins (the new Sixers coach) is enamoured with Derick Favours and that he'd mesh much better with Iguodala than Turner.

I think Collins would want to have Iggy on his team to start the season.

Comment

If the sixers dont draft turner, this trade is even less likely to happen, pretty much 0% chance lol.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        I read somewhere that Doug Collins (the new Sixers coach) is enamoured with Derick Favours and that he'd mesh much better with Iguodala than Turner.

I think Collins would want to have Iggy on his team to start the season.
                        Collins isn't the one who'll be picking. He may express his desire for Favors, but in the end it's Ed Stefanski who is going to make the decision and if he likes Turner better, that's who he is going to draft.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                        X