Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JFTR, Tony was the one who said "Trade Him To Washington" and then Wilbon went into detail about it.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      I never said he's a douchebag. I'm sure he's got very good qualities and can be a very nice guy. And I'm also sure he really wants to win. But he's never shown to be very mature or make the best choices, he hasn't been healthy in three years and he's got a massive contract that finishes in four years paying him $22 million. There are just too many reasons not to trade for him.

As for Doug Smith, I think he's got a very informed opinion and knows more about basketball and the Raptors than most people around here, but he's one guy, and I put as much stock in his opinion as I do in other sports writers. It's great that he would agree to the trade, but in the end it means nothing.

And I was also using sarcasm in reference to the Jesus joke. Don't worry, I understood it.
      Glad we both have sarcasm detectors that are in working order lol. So if not Arenas, then who else do you see as a potential trading partner for unloading the turk. Are you a Diaw fan, or do you forsee a possible salary dump etc?

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        Apparently, trading for Arenas is the only way to get rid of Turkoglu. It's also the only way to convince Bosh to stay. Fortunately, neither of those statements are likely correct.

There have been numerous scenarios involving trading Turkolgu mentioned that don't involve bringing in a bigger and probably more immovable contract for a player with knee problems who could become a major distraction.

And I'm not even sure trading for Arenas would be an attraction for Bosh. After bringing in Jermaine O'Neal and Turkoglu backfired, I would think Bosh is looking for less of a gamble to stay.

And if Bosh ends up leaving, Arenas' contract could end up being more of an albatross around the Raptors neck than Turkoglu's would.

As for trading for Brand, I'm not sure you understand. The point is not to trade for Brand but to get Evan Turner, who could end up being a very special player and someone the franchise can build around. Brand is simply the price you pay to get him. If Brand regains his form, all the better, but at the very least, he's going to be a good locker room guy who has a year less on his contract than Arenas.

Obviously it depends on how good you think Turner will be. I think he will end up being a special player who can be the future of the franchise. If Bosh leaves, the team is going to lose anyway, even with Arenas. Why not make the future a little brighter by getting a guy you can build around like Turner?

Trading for Arenas would only be a success if a) he regains his form, b) isn't a distraction c) doesn't take shots away from the younger players like DeRozan and b) Bosh stays. That's far to many variables to have for a deal that could backfire so badly. It's all about risk vs reward, and the reward isn't big enough to outweigh the risk.
        no ,i understand perfectly turner might be too use to just being crpa that he's not gong to try once brand is gone and with arenas and turner you're better off than with brand and tuner.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          no ,i understand perfectly turner might be too use to just being crpa that he's not gong to try once brand is gone and with arenas and turner you're better off than with brand and tuner.
          One thing has nothing to do with the other. You just talked about how you couldn't understand why people didn't want Arenas, but wanted to get Brand. I explained why.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
          X