This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTI: Trade Hedo to Washington Right Now for Arenas

Courtesy of RealGM member henrydunn13 who apparently heard this not to long ago on TSN via PTI and Michael Wilbon.

no consistency, out of shape, went to the club with the flu

trade him to washington right now for gilbert arenas
    i love this guy until this year
    he was awful this year
    if you can trade gilbert for brother hedo, you do it

worst thing is disgruntled former star
    you have to get rid of him
    amazing this soured so quickly
    unbelievably bad pairing
    Hedo for Agent Zero? Dunno know about you guys, but where do I sign?

Source - Click here

anything to get rid of hedo

Comment

:O

IIs Arenas' contract shorter then Hedo's? If so then do it
      Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

If its shorter than Turk's then do it.
        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

If this is on the table and the wiz are willing I think it's safe to say this is a no brainer. Say what u will about arenas but he's a fiery competitor, an his swagger may be just what the franchise needs to get turned around. Plus like I've said before handguns won't even be a temptation in Canada lol.

Comment

Hedo Turkoglu
            2010/1: $9,800,000, 2011/12: $10,600,000, 2012/13: $11,400,000, 2013/14: $12,200,000

Gilbert Arenas
            2010/1: $17,730,694, 2011/12: $19,269,308, 2012/13: $20,807,922, 2013/14: $22,346,536

Keep in mind that if the Raptors replace Bosh's max contract with contracts of equal value for the long term, the team will be capped out for a long time anyway. Because of this Gil's contract size isn't a big deal if he stays healthy. Calderon or a combo of other contract would have to be included for it to work. Calderon makes the most sense for the Raptors. They could get a third team involved if the Wiz don't want Jose... I'd move Hedo and others for Gil. Sign me up. Look beyond the bad joke with the guns and you have a damn talented player.

Comment

I was watching PTI earlier when I heard them talking about it. I've seen a few of you propose it on here as well when Washington was awarded the #1 pick. Though I didn't think too highly of it at the time, Hedo's assinine comments recently change everything.

Hedo and Jose for Gilbert, get on your job Bryan!

Comment

Do you guys think Washington would want Hedo Turkoglu on their team?

Comment

Very intriguing. The fear I have though is not the gun thing, it's Agent Zero's knee. That was serious surgery. While he had moments last season where he reminded you of his old self, there were lots of other times where he just didn't look right. That's a huge salary to be paying out if he's sitting on the injury list most of the time.

Comment

There is absolutely no reason to make this trade from our side. Agent zero's contract will cripple an organization like ours (which is committed not to go into luxuary tax especialy with their only max player is leaving the franchise).

Unlike some who think Hedo has no market I think he is very marketable; as proposed today Diaw for Hedo thats one proposition. Minisota and New Jersey are literally starved for forwards they will take him in a heart beat. New York Miami and the Clippers are also looking for small and power forwards (Hedo can play both clippers only need SF).

Why the hurry? Is Gil going anywhere soon! Also assessing the trade based on its roster merits (as opposed to salaries) No one knows how Gil will play; as far as I can remember he was injured for 2 full years before his attempt to make a come back last year which was never meant to be. Is he, can he play at the level that awarded him the contract +3 years ago??

We have two solid point guards and a third string in Marcus Banks that can hold his own for a good stretch in case either one goes down. Why do we need to look at another PG? aren't we better off trying to trade for a power forward or a centre (should Chris leave and Amir signs somewhere else?).

We dont need to hurry to make a bad deal, there is always one available if want to.

Comment

I love the Hedo for Gilbert possibility. The reason I originally joined RR was because I thought the raps could get Agent 0 for pennies on the dollar. If it was Turk/Jose for Gilbert, it would be one of the best trades in raptors history. Sure Gilbert has one of the worst contracts in the league, but Turk and Jose aren't too far behind and Gilbert has star power, a chip on his shoulder and the ability to replace Bosh's scoring and finally settle the pg issue.

I cannot overstate the positive rippling effect getting rid of Jose and Turk would have on this team. One guy is a clubhouse cancer and the other is cancerous to defense.

No one really knows what Gilbert has left in the tank, he has missed almost three straight seasons and the bad knee is a major flag, but he has always been a shooter and distributor whose game doesn't necessarily rely on speed.

Best case scenario this past debacle has changed him and he is willing tow the company line and not be such a lone wolf. Worst case scenario he follows the Iverson path and never adjusts his game to mirror his advancing age or for the betterment of the team and drags everyone down with him.

He will never live up to his contract, but he could easily put up 20-8 and be the go to guy at the end of games. From what I saw last season he looked sloppy, bad shooting percentage and too many turnovers, but if a player could ever benefit from a change in scenery its that guy.

Comment

Arenas never made the Wizards great even though he played with great guys like Butler and Jamieson, what makes you think he will do well in Toronto and make the Raptors great??

Arenas is a bad idea a very very bad idea, I'd rather for Hedo's carcass to sit his ass home for another 4 years then have Arenas on the team.

Comment

Seeing as how it is the same length deal as hedo's then no deal. Unless Jose is included
                          Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

IceeeD wrote: View Post
                            Do you guys think Washington would want Hedo Turkoglu on their team?
                            that's not the point, they need to get rid of arenas and i wouldn't wan't to buy out that contract. so, what do you do trade him while taking back a less but still hefty contract.

you don't want that player on your team then they can buy out hedo easier than thye can arenas and start all over sooner rather than later.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

A couple or so years ago, I found myself reading Gilbert Arenas blog as he sporadically added to it. Eventually, he stopped it, but reading bit by bit, I pretty much got through it all. Found him to be a more interesting guy than I might’ve thought, previously. I'd be kind of intrigued to see him here, but ... well, it'd be interesting. Definitely potential.

Don’t know if it’s all here, but I think this is the link to it, if you were interested.

http://www.nba.com/blog/gilbert_arenas.html

Comment

Working...
                              X