No announcement yet.

The Bosh Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Chicago better than Raptors with Bosh?how?

Why does everybody say Chicago is going to be sooo good?

Is Chicago with Rose and Noah, as it is now, that much much better than the Raptors WITH Bosh?
    What is all this bright future Chicago has because of these two players? I mean Are Deng and Hinrich so much better than Turk and DeRozan?Really?
    Chicago won 41 games and Toronto won 40;Aren't these two teams at least even?

Why would Bosh go to Chicago? to win what?
    Doesnt Bosh going back to Toronto make the Raptors at least as good as Chicago?

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      Why would it put Chicago out of the mix? If Wade and Lebron stay at their respective clubs, the Bulls can still sign Bosh outright and have a ridiculous starting 5 of Rose, Hinrich, Deng, Bosh and Noah.
      Because Bosh already said he promised the Rapstors a sign and trade. The Bulls have the pieces we want, but they dont want to let go of those pieces.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
        Bosh is going to LA for sure, and Amare will be coming to Toronto. Turk will end up in Phoenix.
        I dont know where your hearing that from Amare coming Toronto. That would never happen. Bosh going to LA I dont see that happening at all seeing how Bynum health is a major concern. Turk being in PHX, think again.

Comment

Chicago vs toronto

C - Noah Vs Bargnani
          PF- Gibson vs Bosh
          SF- Deng vs Turk. (like what I did there)
          SG- dont know haha vs Derozan
          PG- Rose/Hinrich vs Jack/Calderon

Defensively, Chicago easily has the edge over Toronto at every position except maybe PF. Offensively, we have the edge at every position except maybe PG.

Comment

benitonicoya wrote: View Post

Is Chicago with Rose and Noah, as it is now, that much much better than the Raptors WITH Bosh?
            What is all this bright future Chicago has because of these two players? I mean Are Deng and Hinrich so much better than Turk and DeRozan?Really?

You're missing something here. Take the Raptors now and thorw Rose and Noah on there and you have a team a lot better than the 2009/10 Raptors. Flip it to the Bulls and ditto. We're talking an 8th seed team around .500 landing a potential top five player in the league and arguably the best PF in the league and paying 60 cents on the dollar in the worst case scenario.

Comment

FromTOtoVAN wrote: View Post
              I'm definately not up for 2 or 3 seasons of wathcing the Raptors with no franchise player, just playing young guys looking for positives and potential. I think BC thinks the same way. The raptors need to look at making a big trade for a legit 1 steal a game SF. Bosh has to see the Raptors make some moves for him to stay and him staying is our best option. Derozan is 19 and should not be traded anywhere.
              My Trades for a good offseason:
              Turkoglu to New Jersey for williams and 27th pick
              Would shed a lot of salary and give us an opportunity to go after Rudy Gay. Gay is a restricted free agent and wants 5 years and 65 million and Memphis isn't willing to do it..
              Calderon and Belinelli for dalembert
              Would give us a 10 rebound 2 block a game center to shore up the inside.
              Evans plus Banks plus our 13th and new jerseys 27th for darren collison and julian wright
              Resign Johnson
              Lineup C- Bargnani PF- Bosh SF- Gay Sg- Derozan Pg - collison
              Bench C- Dalembert PF- Johnson SF - wright Sg- Weems Pg- jack
              I highly doubt New Jersey would take on Turkoglu's salary, which would take away the flexibility they have AND give up Williams and the 27th pick.

And I also doubt Philly would want to take on Calderon's extra salary while giving up an expiring contract.

Lastly, I don't see New Orleans giving up Collison for a bunch of crap and some expiring contracts.

It's a nice idea, but I don't see one trade of yours happening.

benitonicoya wrote: View Post

Well, considering that Chicago was as good as Toronto was this past season, I'd say they'd be a lot better with him. As it is, they have a future star at PG, one of the best defensive and rebounding centers in Noah, and Deng and Hinrich are overpaid, but underappreciated. And yes, they are that much better than Turkgolu and DeRozan. Turkoglu and DeRozan together averaged 19.9 ppg, 7.5 rpg and 4.8 apg. Deng and Hinrich averaged 28.5 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 6.5 apg. And both Deng and Hinrich are much better defenders, as well. Amazingly, the DIFFERENCE between the two averages is more than DeRozan averaged in all three categories. I like DeRozan, but that should tell you something right there.

Besides, Chicago brings the two things that the Raptors lacked, defense and rebounding as well as a creator who can break down the defenses. Plus, if they can sign two free agents, they'll be one of the more talented teams in the league.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                Because Bosh already said he promised the Rapstors a sign and trade. The Bulls have the pieces we want, but they dont want to let go of those pieces.
                The Raptors may simply end up with Gibson, a first round pick and a big trade exception. If Bosh wants to go there, that's what the Raptors may get.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  The Raptors may simply end up with Gibson, a first round pick and a big trade exception. If Bosh wants to go there, that's what the Raptors may get.
                  Who cares where Bosh wants to go if he wants to walk and not get the max like the other big superstars (unlikely) then let him. Bosh obviously wants a big market but competative team and chicago is the only team offering that unfortunatley if they dont give us Noah I think were getting shafted.

Comment

Who cares where Bosh wants to go if he wants to walk and not get the max like the other big superstars (unlikely) then let him. Bosh obviously wants a big market but competative team and chicago is the only team offering that unfortunatley if they dont give us Noah I think were getting shafted.
                    Bosh will still get the max if he signs outright with Chicago, but he won't get the extra year on his contract and won't get the raises he would if he were to do a sign and trade. If Bosh really wants to go to Chicago and doesn't want them to lose Noah (which he shouldn't want), then I think it's worth it for him to sign outright.

It also depends on what other choices the Raptors have. Gibson, a first round pick and a big trade exception might very well be the Raptors best offer, or at least one of them.

The Raptors are not going to get equal value back. People have to come to grips with that. Bosh is an unrestricted free agent and can go wherever he wants.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      Bosh will still get the max if he signs outright with Chicago, but he won't get the extra year on his contract and won't get the raises he would if he were to do a sign and trade.
                      So that's not max. That's the max Chicago can offer but that's not a "max contract" because he's able to still earn more. If we call what Chicago can offer at the maximum a "max contract" then we should be able to call an person signed to the MLE a "max contract" player as well because that's the maximum contract the team could offer.

Maybe I'm misreading this.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jun 2, 2010, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Rose and Noah are untouchables in Chicago (from many sources I have seen). They would pass on Bosh if either was the price. The trick is to leverage the extra monies that only Toronto can offer (in a s&t) by finding multiple takers for Bosh's services. It is only then that the Raptors can exact the best return for Bosh. The poker element in all of this is guessing correctly whether Bosh or the Raptors walk away from a "take it or leave it" situation....Bosh and his absolute max contract and the Raptors some decent assets coming back. I still think Houston is a sleeper here and in my view have the best assets (and plentiful) to deal with. If BC had the best offer from them and went to the mat with Bosh on the issue I would be good with it. I dont think Bosh would walk easily since Houston is a pretty good team and that in of itself would not be an issue.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          So that's not max. That's the max Chicago can offer but that's not a "max contract" because he's able to still earn more. If we call what Chicago can offer at the maximum a "max contract" then we should be able to call an person signed to the MLE a "max contract" player as well because that's the maximum contract the team could offer.

Maybe I'm misreading this.
                          Whether we like to believe it or not, unrestricted agents are in the drivers seats. Just because a player is a max player, like LeBron, Wade or Bosh, doesn't mean he suddenly doesn't have the power over his destiny. Yes, he can get more doing a sign and trade than to sign outright, and whether you want to say one isn't the max isn't the point. The point is that if Bosh feels Chicago is the absolute best place for him to go, and them trading away Noah for him would not be in his best interests, then he's going to do what he feels IS in his best interests. Period.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

let bosh go toronto has treated bosh really good the have tried to get him help .
                            1. alonzo mourning ......... nuff said .....no its not we traded carter for this clown that wouldent even play in TO. stupid mother f@&#$R.
                            2. antinio davis ........nuff said
                            3.jermain o'neil .......ouch my knees hurt
                            4.shawn marrion ..............what a morron
                            5.terk-who-the-hell-are-u @#$% you
                            and lots of small pieces that they tried but didint work he cant say they are not trying to get him a winning team if he does not wanta stat let his patrick ewing,rickety ,heavily padded,taped knees go to another team.

Comment

fraser33 wrote: View Post
                              let bosh go toronto has treated bosh really good the have tried to get him help .
                              1. alonzo mourning ......... nuff said .....no its not we traded carter for this clown that wouldent even play in TO. stupid mother f@&#$R.
                              and lots of small pieces that they tried but didint work he cant say they are not trying to get him a winning team if he does not wanta stat let his patrick ewing,rickety ,heavily padded,taped knees go to another team.
                              When I see a post like this I fear for the future of this nation.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

fraser33 wrote: View Post
                                The first sign of a bad argument is the use of "pun" names. You see it all the time on news sites about political parties and members of parliment. Apparently you see it here as well.
                                For the record, Shawn was great, Jermain was always positive about this team and had a great attitude, even if he didn't click with the team on the floor. Even Antonio, who wanted to leave in the end, was a happy, positive, and productive player while he was here.

Comment

Working...
                                X