Miami Can't Even Give Away Beasley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami Can't Even Give Away Beasley

Jason Smith of ESPN Radio's "NBA Today" podcast reports that an NBA general manager told him the Heat offered Michael Beasley to the Nets for Keyon Dooling and "Rod Thorn turned them down". Smith described Thorn's decision as yet another indication of how badly the Heat want to get rid of Beasley.

However, a look at the two teams' salary structures show that it may be more about cap space. Beasley is scheduled to make $4,962,240 next season while Dooling is only owed a $500,000 buyout on his $3,828,000. The Nets have a team option on Dooling exercisable June 29. So taking on Beasley would have reduced the Nets' cap space by nearly $4.5 million. It would have made the Heat much more competitive in free agency this summer as well, giving them more than $25 million to spend...as well as Dwyane Wade.
    NetsDaily.com

Remember those early season CB4 to Miami rumors where the unidentified source was claiming the Heat weren't willing to give up Beasley in such a trade? My how things can change in the blink of an eye. I think if the Raptors offered up Reggie Evans they might jump at it now at this point by the sounds of things.

Apollo wrote: View Post
    NetsDaily.com

Remember those early season CB4 to Miami rumors where the unidentified source was claiming the Heat weren't willing to give up Beasley in such a trade? My how things can change in the blink of an eye. I think if the Raptors offered up Reggie Evans they might jump at it now at this point by the sounds of things.
    well, unless evans has a tiny buyout, then no, i doubt the heat would jump at adding more salary than they'd be giving away. if this is true, it's simply a salary dump; i wouldn't draw too much into the fact that it's necessarily beasley & that the heat are desperate to get rid of him (though i'm thinking riles has probably had enough), it's more an indicator of how much both teams (nets & heat) are trying to rid themselves of whatever $$ they can over the next month. beasley still has enough promise that a GM would consider taking on his salary...i doubt very highly that if he is moved, it's for an equivalent contract (at least one that doesn't have a cheap buyout).
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

If Miami is shopping the Beas that hard, why not draft Bradley and trade Jack for him? I love Jack, but getting Beas in bargain bin works for me, although I have no idea where he would fit on the raptors.

Comment

Dooling is only owed a $500,000 buyout on his $3,828,000
        That's why the Heat want Dooling, and Beasley is pretty much the only piece they have to offer anyone. Even though he's been a disappointment, he's (mostly) just another victim of teams clearing as much cap space as possible at pretty much any cost.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Well lets see

The consensus among some Raptors? fans seem to be to add a Gun Slinger and/or a Drug Addict to the team.

Now that 4sure is a way to get into the playoffs and win.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Gil's gone deeper into the playoffs and been there more times than Bosh.

Comment

Unless Beasley's done some harder stuff I've forgotten about, let's not put potheads in the Drug Addict category. If that were the case we'd be calling basically the whole NBA alcoholics for having a few drinks every now and then. I'd take Beasley on our team in a second for 4/5'ths of the current roster.

Comment

Isn't there a picture floating around the net of him sitting at a table with a line of unknown white power on said table?

Comment

Working...
                X