Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way it appears that Johnson can't be extended at least according to the way I read the cap. A player who isn't under a rookie contract can not be extended unless they have a current contract of four years or greater. Johnson's current contract is for only three years.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Darien wrote: View Post
      I think he meant "shawty".
      Could very well be.

As I understand it their (shorty and shawty) meanings are slightly different with shawty having more of a sexual overtone. At least that is how I understand it.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

TheAdmiral wrote: View Post
        I hope the raps do resign Johnson. Personally everytime he checked in I would get excited to see the hustle and energy he brought and I would love to see him grow more in T-Dot.
        If we sign Johnson and already have Evans, and sign a big like Udoh, we might end up with three defensive bigs + Bargnani. Bosh's scoring power needs to be replaced and if Turkoglu is out, it doesn't leave us with a lot of options anymore. Raps should buy a pick in the later state and see if they can get their hands on someone like Elliot Williams from Memphis.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          Could very well be.

As I understand it their (shorty and shawty) meanings are slightly different with shawty having more of a sexual overtone. At least that is how I understand it.
          Shorty and shawty are the exact same word...just a regional pronunciation difference. Southerners say "shawty", a guy from NYC will say "shorty."

In any case, refers to a hot chick...not necessarily any sexual overtones involved.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            If we sign Johnson and already have Evans, and sign a big like Udoh, we might end up with three defensive bigs + Bargnani. Bosh's scoring power needs to be replaced and if Turkoglu is out, it doesn't leave us with a lot of options anymore. Raps should buy a pick in the later state and see if they can get their hands on someone like Elliot Williams from Memphis.
            To associate Reggie Evan's with defense is to live a past reality.

Evans today couldn't guard a fire hydrant if he was a dog that had just consumed two gallons of water.

Comment

Evans defense is about where A. McDyess's defense is.

All they can do with any proficiency on defense is to stand within 5 feet of the basket and grab some rebounds. However, neither one has been able to guard anyone adequately or play adequate team defense for at least a few years.

Though I will admit that when Evans was paired with Johnson Evans didn't look near as bad on defense just like Bargnani when he was paired with Johnson. Funny thing about that.
              Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Jun 3, 2010, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Maybe Amir is coming for the Much VMA's? Or, I'd hope they could use him to show the org. that he can school nearly any big in the draft.
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Ereka I think I found it, or it this case maybe figured it out.

The Raptors want Johnson to come to Toronto before the draft to talk to him about 2010-11 including maybe what kind of minutes that they think they might be able to offer him. To get a sense from him if he wants to return or is looking elsewhere and maybe to even try and get a verbal commitment from him before the draft.

I think it would make a difference in how the Raptors draft if Johnson is going to be returning or going elsewhere. So I think they called him to Toronto, and of course he is still under contract, to have a "meet" before the draft.

I have heard that rumors are circulating, that about this "meet" BC has said.

Comment

could be him finding out if he's staying or going or it could just be that he's going to some party or something in t-dot.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                      Ereka I think I found it, or it this case maybe figured it out.

The Raptors want Johnson to come to Toronto before the draft to talk to him about 2010-11 including maybe what kind of minutes that they think they might be able to offer him. To get a sense from him if he wants to return or is looking elsewhere and maybe to even try and get a verbal commitment from him before the draft.

I think it would make a difference in how the Raptors draft if Johnson is going to be returning or going elsewhere. So I think they called him to Toronto, and of course he is still under contract, to have a "meet" before the draft.

I have heard that rumors are circulating, that about this "meet" BC has said.

ya, you missed the u and it just sounds like your saying ericka.

kind of funny.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                      X