3. Attitude
    4. Better TV Commercials
    5. Better hair
    6. Speaks more languages
    7. Better suits
    8. More international experience
    9. Better website/blog/twitter
    10. Better ambassador/promoter of Toronto and the Raptors
    LOL if your trying to be sarcastic u accomplished thats some funny shit !
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

come on appollo, dont tell me u think cb is more than a sidekick?
      we might not need bargs to be our leader, just to be our #1 weapon
      next year we will have a 'team', not a bunch of guys appeasing the 'franchise player'

Comment

ya dude, hes plain 2k stuffing dunks on bosh's lakers

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          This pretty much says all I have to say about Bargnani....
          http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...inst-bargnani/
          That, sir, is an excellent link.

Comment

Copywryter wrote: View Post
            There is no chance. Bargs is a one-dimensional scorer with no post-up game and a shooter who can't create his own shot. He brings a very low basketball IQ, terrible defensive awareness, a lax approach and poor shooting mechanics to the game. I don't know why this city has such a hard-on for him (other than that he's white), but the rest of the basketball world thinks little of him.
            K, first off, I don't live in Toronto so don't take my comments to reflect the city's approach. He has a post up game, it's just not overly well developed but it has improved significantly.
            Secondly, Bargs is faster than Bosh, and he is a better shooter from distance and their is no one that has ever watched them play that will disagree with that. What they have done historically has very little do do with this, this is about how they play today. Bosh is a terrible post defender and Bargs is significantly better due to his size. He has also always been a better shot blocker.

" draws an instant double team
            - Better shot selection
            - Fact that most teams would love to have him
            - Fact that the coach of the US men's olympic team couldn't say enough good things about him
            - Higher basketball IQ"

The double team thing means the other team sees him as a better player, not that he necessarily is. I don't particularly care what the coach of the US Olympic team has to say, especially since this is a comparative thing and I have never heard the US coaches stance on Bargs. Bosh does not have good Basketball IQ. Period. Bosh settles for Jumpers when he has mismatches, can't pass out of a double team, has no idea how to find open teammates and has awful shot selection.

Bosh has very little desire to win, if you watch him he disappears late in close games. Maybe that just shows he's a choker, but to me it shows a lack of desire. I said at the end of the post that I didn't think he was as good as Bosh but there is an argument to be made. This coming season will tell the story.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
              K, first off, I don't live in Toronto so don't take my comments to reflect the city's approach. He has a post up game, it's just not overly well developed but it has improved significantly.
              Secondly, Bargs is faster than Bosh, and he is a better shooter from distance and their is no one that has ever watched them play that will disagree with that. What they have done historically has very little do do with this, this is about how they play today. Bosh is a terrible post defender and Bargs is significantly better due to his size. He has also always been a better shot blocker.

- Better shot selection
              - Fact that the coach of the US men's olympic team couldn't say enough good things about him
              - Higher basketball IQ"

The double team thing means the other team sees him as a better player, not that he necessarily is. I don't particularly care what the coach of the US Olympic team has to say, especially since this is a comparative thing and I have never heard the US coaches stance on Bargs. Bosh does not have good Basketball IQ. Period. Bosh settles for Jumpers when he has mismatches, can't pass out of a double team, has no idea how to find open teammates and has awful shot selection.

Bosh has very little desire to win, if you watch him he disappears late in close games. Maybe that just shows he's a choker, but to me it shows a lack of desire. I said at the end of the post that I didn't think he was as good as Bosh but there is an argument to be made. This coming season will tell the story.
              It's that he is the better player, the reason why the Us coaches have no stance on Andrea is because Bosh stood out on a team of allstars when its even a debate on weather Andrea or Amir is the better player. Chris Bosh multiple time allstar, widly regarded free agent. The reason he shoots the jumper so much is because teams would rather him beat them from the outside so they are giving him the room to shoot, rather than having him carve them up inside and as for never passing out of the double team how do you think Andrea got all those open looks at the three point line when we have no dribble penetration. Who was the raptors only low post threat? who on the raptors demands a a double team. Bosh is not perfect but to suggest Andrea is better is absured. Andrea even said Chris makes the game easier for him when they play together. If you think the rapors are jump shot happy try making Andrea your #1 option.

Comment

bosh knows that andrea is better and that is why he will leave.
                andrea is far more aggressive and hungry to win.
                tim's hate on blog was just that, haterade, made from the same stuff the smoke monster on lost is made of.
                also andrea is taller, has better shoes, and doesn't tweet stuff like 'what da scarest movie u ever seen?''

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                  come on appollo, dont tell me u think cb is more than a sidekick?
                  we might not need bargs to be our leader, just to be our #1 weapon
                  next year we will have a 'team', not a bunch of guys appeasing the 'franchise player'
                  Never said he wasn't destined to be a sidekick in the league. Actually I've said many times Bosh would be best suited to be the side kick of a Kobe, Wade or LeBron. Here's the difference, right now Bosh will be a great sidekick next season and Bargnani is a good sidekick.

I think going all in on Bargnani with your hope is dangerous. He's not a franchise #1 player, just like Rashard Lewis isn't for example. Bosh may be gone but they doesn't mean we all need to force the issue on a guy who isn't ready to lead anything.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jun 3, 2010, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Bargnani would have been lucky to be taken in the top ten if he was in the class of 2003. He was taken number one in a draft with no consensus number one. Is Kwame Brown and Kenyon Martin better than Bosh too? I mean they were taken 1st overall.
                    What i meant was that Andrea was chosen 1st overall because scouts saw the talent that he possessed. He wasnt drafted cuz he is 7' and can rebound and block shots, he was chosen cuz he was 7' and was thought to have an all-around game similar to Dirks. Bosh is the better player at the moment, but my argument is Andrea might be more talented in overall basketball skillset. Alot of times, its not the most skilled player that excels , its the one with the desire ... which is what Andrea lacks the most. Its like comparing Rafer Alston to Jason Kidd, Alston is probably the more talented player, but Kidd kills him with his desire, basketball IQ and heart.

Comment

so, in a nutshell we all are in agreement that andrea is better than bosh right?

Comment

RikkJames wrote: View Post
                        What i meant was that Andrea was chosen 1st overall because scouts saw the talent that he possessed. He wasnt drafted cuz he is 7' and can rebound and block shots, he was chosen cuz he was 7' and was thought to have an all-around game similar to Dirks.
                        Bargnani's game isn't similar to Dirk's. He's more like Rashard Lewis than Dirk. Dirk is consistent and he rebounds the ball very well. People compare him to dirk because he can shoot the three ball, he's tall and he's Caucasian. That's not enough. At 19 years old Bosh posted better numbers than Bargnani did this year at age 25. Not only that but Bosh started at center at age 19, only 215lbs and played better defense than Bargnani now at age 25, with 35 or 40 extra pounds.

Bosh is the better player at the moment, but my argument is Andrea might be more talented in overall basketball skillset.
                        How? Bosh has a far superior mid range game. Bosh has a better post game. Bosh has a better first step. Bosh is better at drawing fouls and getting to the line. Bosh runs the floor better. Bosh is a better passer. Bosh is a better ball handler. Bosh is a better help defender. Bosh is a better man to man defender. Bosh is a better rebounder on both sides of the court. Bosh is far more efficient. Bosh is far more consistent.

Alot of times, its not the most skilled player that excels , its the one with the desire ...
                        Even if you were right and Bosh was the inferior talent desire is one of the most important aspects of the game. Guys who don't have it don't usually obtain it later.

Its like comparing Rafer Alston to Jason Kidd, Alston is probably the more talented player, but Kidd kills him with his desire, basketball IQ and heart.
                        Skip is no doubt a better shooter from long range but that's where it ends...
                        Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jun 3, 2010, 10:13 PM.

Comment

There is not one defensive stat out there that doesn't basically say Bargnani isn't a terrible defender and add to that his brutal rebounding. His (inconsistent) offense doesn't make up for his defence and rebounding.

While Bosh gets to the line at a superstar rate, rebounds at great rate, he can draw the double-team (still needs to pass out of the double team better), and is the best ISO big man in the NBA (other than dirk). His defence is at worst average and he will hold his own on the defense side.

Comment

Well...

We should have this discussion next offseason, where we could see what Andrea's production will be after one year of being "the man"

Until then it's just ifs and buts

Comment

Ripp wrote: View Post
                              Heh. Amir is better than Bargnani. But unlike you, I actually believe what I say.
                              LOL ... Good for you man. You got to believe in something, even if you are the only one the believe in such thing . As good as Amir is, there is a long way for Amir to reach the level where Andrea is right now.

Comment

Copywryter wrote: View Post
                                That, sir, is an excellent link.
                                Why thank you, sir.

hateslosing wrote: View Post

- Better shot selection
                                - Higher basketball IQ"

Yes, Bargnani does have a post game, it's just not a very good one, so why mention it?

Bosh is certainly not a terrible post defender. Bosh's post defense improved quite a bit this year due to his added bulk, but Bosh, as well as Bargnani, let players get position far too close to the basket too much. Bargnani is better in some situations and Bosh is better in some situations. Bosh, however, is a much better team defender than Bargnani.

If 29 of the greatest NBA coaching minds in North America see Bosh as a better player than Bargnani, I think it's probably safe to say they're right.

And Bosh doesn't have a great basketball IQ, but it's much better than Bargnani's. Bargnani settles for fadeaways when he posts up a guard. And if Bosh's shot selection is so poor, why does he shoot a much higher percentage than Bargnani? And per 36 mpg, Bargnani was 2nd last in assists behind DeMar DeRozan, so he's not exactly a great passer, either.

The idea that Bosh disappears late in close games is a myth that has been disproven countless times. Bosh came up big time and time again in close games this year. Bargnani does seem to play well in the clutch, but he's asked to do much, much less. And it's the rest of the game that I have a problem with. At least Bosh is able to play consistently over the course of the game and season. Bargnani will disappear for entire quarters and even entire games. He doesn't have the type of game or personality that will allow teams to depend on him.

Quite frankly, the majority of the negative things for Bosh go twice that for Bargnani. And Bosh has far, far more strengths than Bargnani, as well.

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                                bosh knows that andrea is better and that is why he will leave.
                                andrea is far more aggressive and hungry to win.
                                tim's hate on blog was just that, haterade, made from the same stuff the smoke monster on lost is made of.
                                also andrea is taller, has better shoes, and doesn't tweet stuff like 'what da scarest movie u ever seen?''
                                A word of advice. If you're going to try and argue something, at least attempt to back it up with something other than random, meaningless insults. And when you make posts like the one above, it works against you.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X