Shaq Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaq Watch

Shaq said in recent months he may still want to play another two or three seasons. With that said his contract is done in Cleveland and unless LBJ re-signs his chance of returning there is slim to none. Actually, I think its slim to none either way. So with that said where do you see him landing and why? Do you think he can play the role David Robinson played in his final three seasons in the league; a role player playing meaningful minutes on a contender?
    Cavs
    37.50%
    Heat
    0.00%
    Lakers
    0.00%
    Knicks
    12.50%
    Celtics
    25.00%
    Spurs
    0.00%
    Mavs
    0.00%
    Jazz
    0.00%
    Spurs
    0.00%
    Other
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Shaq has become a situational/backup centre mostly. Because he has slowed down he takes up much space in the middle, doesnt have much speed and his ft is still atrocious which makes him not too valuable at crunch time on offense. Dont see him accepting a marginal role with a drastic pay reduction on a contending team. Which leaves him with the possibility of the Knicks picking him up and him wanting to be in a major market at a rate which a team like the NYs would likely give him.

Comment

I think he can still be successful in the right system. It really depends if he wants to play alot or if he wants to win more titles. It was only last year that he stepped up in Phoenix and made the all-star team again, and he isn't that much slower this year. I think he'd be great in a place like New Orleans or Utah.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Possible return to the Lakers?????

If LA deals Bynum for Bosh, then they might want to add Shaq for interior toughness. This might be extremely beneficial for the playoffs if Bynum is not a Laker. Although that's exactly what the Cavs brought him in for this season and it didn't work, I think Mike Brown didn't know how to use him effectively. And if Phil Jackson returns, who does know how to use him better considering he coached him when they won championships together, then it's a very interesting situation for Shaq.

Comment

Maybe the Raps should pick him up and assign him to the D league just for a laugh.

Comment

Against league rules.

Comment

Cavs or Mavs
              nbaroundtable

Comment

Comment

He should just retire....
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I think Shaq would fit in on a team that only plays half court and doesn't have to play teams that have perimeter bigs or run the pick and roll. Or maybe just retire
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                    X