This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson Came Within 35 FGA From Winning the FG% Title in 09-10

Now I realize that this is not the biggest or even one of the bigger things to lead the league in and guys like Miki Moore have lead in FG%. However, it would have been nice nonetheless.

Maybe in 2010-11

FG Pct (369 attempts)
    -----------------------------------
    Player Team Pct
    -----------------------------------------
    howard------.612
    perkins-------.603
    hilario--------.587
    gasol, m.-----.581
    varejao-------.572
    bynum---------.570
    smith----------.569
    o'neal----------.566
    haywood------.562
    boozer---------.562

Johnson----FGA 334----FG% .623

I realize that if he had taken 35 more FGA that his FG% could have gone down. However, based upon his splits for 09-10 if he taken those additional 34 FGA post all-star there is a good chance he would have won the FG% title.

pre all-star - FGA per game 3.4------- FG% .592
    post all-star - FGA per game 5.3-------FG% -.656

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...WN_oydS7M9PaB4
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...johnsam01.html

So one of the things that the Raptors need to do in 2010-11 to get better, assuming Johnson stays, is to feed the "Big Dawg" more!
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Jun 3, 2010, 06:30 PM. Reason: change title better english
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Wow... Buddha, the stats you find for this guy. You've made me a believer.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Havent read the links but how do they determine the minimum # of attempts reqd. to be considered for the stat.

Comment

It's certainly something for him to put on his resume when he goes searching for a job this summer.

Comment

Dammit, how the hell do you come up with these ridicilous stats?! the more you know....

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
            Dammit, how the hell do you come up with these ridicilous stats?! the more you know....
            How is FG% a ridiculous stat?

Anyway, it's no secret that Amir is a very efficient garbage man. It's just a shame a much less productive Bargnani was gifted many of the minutes Amir rightfully earned. To think Amir's biggest strengths were the team's biggest weaknesses, yet he still couldn't crack the 20min mark. Such an obvious rotation adjustment, I don't understand how it wasn't made.

Comment

BUDDAHFAN WROTE: So one of the things that the Raptors need to do in 2010-11 to get better, assuming Johnson stays, is to feed the "Big Dawg" more!

very true buddahfan but remember a big part of johnsons sucess besides more minutes was that calderone kept setting him up considering they had very nice chemistrty together..... now if jose ends up on the trading block, amir might have a bit more trouble getting such eassy looks without jose

Comment

Working...
              X