This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the Raps Can Get Better

Instead of looking at the draft or free agents to help out the raptor squad, I prefer to look internally for answers to better our beloved raptor squad.
    I have some suggestion:

For Andrea Bargnani - Did anyone see that video where Olajuwon was teaching Kobe to do the dream shake, can someone share that link with AB#7 please? better yet, bring Olajuwon back as a big man coach, I think he could help address all the weakness in AB's game, the post moves, the rebounding, footwork, defense...etc

For Amir Johnson (assuming he re-sign) - Who says steroid doesn't help in Basketball, with all his talent, the biggest knock on him is that he's skinny, well...lets build him up. If he beefs up considerably, I'm thinking (or fantasizing) that we could have a potential Amar'e-lite on our squad.

DD/ Weems - For a team that pride itself in shooting, why can't we get these guys some legit shooting coach? or make Bargnani teach them how to shoot, he's pretty good at it. imagine if these two guys get a consistent jumpshot, just imagine....

For Bryan Colangelo - He needs to read Raptors Republic on a daily-basis, some of the trade proposal/ideas on here aren't bad, and he could always hire another assistant coach to help him filter the information.

bigmanshaq wrote: View Post
    Instead of looking at the draft or free agents to help out the raptor squad, I prefer to look internally for answers to better our beloved raptor squad.
    I have some suggestion:

For Andrea Bargnani - Did anyone see that video where Olajuwon was teaching Kobe to do the dream shake, can someone share that link with AB#7 please? better yet, bring Olajuwon back as a big man coach, I think he could help address all the weakness in AB's game, the post moves, the rebounding, footwork, defense...etc

For Amir Johnson (assuming he re-sign) - Who says steroid doesn't help in Basketball, with all his talent, the biggest knock on him is that he's skinny, well...lets build him up. If he beefs up considerably, I'm thinking (or fantasizing) that we could have a potential Amar'e-lite on our squad.

DD/ Weems - For a team that pride itself in shooting, why can't we get these guys some legit shooting coach? or make Bargnani teach them how to shoot, he's pretty good at it. imagine if these two guys get a consistent jumpshot, just imagine....

For Bryan Colangelo - He needs to read Raptors Republic on a daily-basis, some of the trade proposal/ideas on here aren't bad, and he could always hire another assistant coach to help him filter the information.
    The Bargs thing is something that has been brought up before and there is no clear reason why they haven't brought someone in. Bynum has Kareem, Howard has Ewing, why doesn't our number one pick center have a coach to help him develop? He clearly needed it more at the beginning of his career when he came from Europe and didn't know the NBA game than howard or Bynum did, and even now he could still learn alot from Olajuwon. Mutumbo or David Robinson would also be great choices to help Andrea learn about how to play the 5 on defense and how to post up.
    Last edited by hateslosing; Fri Jun 4, 2010, 10:06 AM. Reason: I meant David Robinson. Brain explosion.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

bigmanshaq wrote: View Post
      he does.
      hit me in my inbox: phdsteve@gmail.com and don't forget to check out my weekly Wednesday Podcast: [I]The Doctor is In[I] right here at raptorsrepublic.com

Comment

If Bryan read this site he would have hired me as his assisstant or consultant all ready.....

Comment

it is what it is wrote: View Post
          If Bryan read this site he would have hired me as his assisstant or consultant all ready.....
          If BC read this site he would sign an old, over-the-hill, whiney point-forward to a ludicrous contract just to spite the posters for all their negative feedback.

Oh wait...

Comment

Bargnani already had Moses Malone mentoring him last summer. And just because a guy was a great player, doesn't mean he's a great teacher. Pete Newell was perhaps the greatest teacher for big man ever and he never played in the NBA. Bargnani has had a number of people who had the ability to teach Bargnani how to be better, and nothing has helped. It's not better teaching he needs, it's a better attitude and mental approach, and that's something that only comes from within.

Weems has a fantastic shot. He just doesn't have a lot of range on it. He's got one of the better mid range jumpshots on the roster.

And if Colangelo reads this site, why n earth hasn't he called me to join his squad????
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Getting rid of Calderon would be addition by subtraction. One of Turk or Bargnani should be replaced by a defensive minded player. Amir needs at least 25 minutes per game.

Weems and Derozan have good potential, especially DD. DD is a three point shot and some serious strength & conditioning away from really becoming a big time player.

Comment

Working...
              X