Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regardless of what your offensive game consists of unless it is just chucking them up from the cheap seats, and even then, the more you can get to the foul line the better. Even if your free throw shooting rate is not say 80% or better drawing fouls especially if it is against your opponents starters is a good thing to be able to do.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      I don't think they necessarily need to develop three point range, but to be able to extend their range out to 20 feet or so I think is important. A good outside shot would help guys like Weems and DeRozan because of their slashing ability. Hamilton is a great shooter, just not a great 3 point shooter, but he also never stops moving. Hes not creating a lot of shots off the dribble. A big part of DeRozan's game will probably be creating off the dribble, and being a threat from outside (whether or not thats 20 feet or 25 feet) would help him immensely.
      Agreed somewhat, but really, if you've developed a good 20 footer (probably the lowest percentage shot in basketball), you might as well step back a couple feet beyond the arc and sacrifice a couple raw FG% points for a boost where it matters .. in TS%.

Comment

Brasky wrote: View Post
        Agreed somewhat, but really, if you've developed a good 20 footer (probably the lowest percentage shot in basketball), you might as well step back a couple feet beyond the arc and sacrifice a couple raw FG% points for a boost where it matters .. in TS%.
        What u say may not be true.

It is like lifting weights. There is a limit for each individual.

Every basketball player has a limit on their range from a practical point of view. Some guys like Perkins could spend 8 hours a day shooting three point shots and I seriously doubt that his TS% would be greater shooting those than what it is now when almost all of his shots are from within 10 feet and the majority from withing 5 feet.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          What u say may not be true.

It is like lifting weights. There is a limit for each individual.

Every basketball player has a limit on their range from a practical point of view. Some guys like Perkins could spend 8 hours a day shooting three point shots and I seriously doubt that his TS% would be greater shooting those than what it is now when almost all of his shots are from within 10 feet and the majority from withing 5 feet.
          All I'm saying is that, all things being equal, long 2 pointers are statistically the worst shot you can take in the NBA, and a respectable 3point shot is something to strive for if you're a SG in this league like DD and Sonny. Using Perkins as an example makes no sense whatsoever, since he already only takes high percentage shots right near the rim.

Comment

Working...
          X