No announcement yet.

Not Hearing Much About John Salmons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Hearing Much About John Salmons...

He could opt-out of his contract (player option), something that might be advisable considering the upcoming CBA and his stellar performance once he joined the Bucks.

Although I see the Bucks doing everything in their power to get him back, any chance the Raptors could get him? I think he's a pretty good player at the spot (borderline all-star). He did reject our offer a few years back and went to Sacramento, but I hope that doesn't affect anything.

I personally would rather have him on the Raptors than Joe Johnson.

Thoughts?

Here is some stuff about him form Roto Times

Offseason Preview: Bucks

By Cory Elfrink
    June 4, 2010 9:58am CDT

2) How much are Salmons and Ridnour worth?

Salmons seems all but guaranteed to opt for free agency despite fitting in with the Bucks so seamlessly following last season's trade deadline. After struggling through 51 games with the Bulls to start the season, he averaged 19.9 points, 3.3 assists, and 3.2 rebounds on 46.7 percent shooting with the Bucks. He also had a handful of nice playoff games, but shot just 40.4 percent for the series and averaged only 17 points. He turns 31 next season and will likely be seeking a four to five year contract this offseason.

Over the course of his career, he has been a durable yet mostly underwhelming player. He has a nice skill set, and when he's on, he's a very good two-guard. But looking at his career numbers, there's very good reason to think that Salmons has already peaked. Signing him to a five year deal would be inadvisable, unless you could get him at a discount (say $30 million).

He's probably worth up to $14-$16 million over the next two seasons, but there's risk tied into even that. He'll be hard-pressed to find a better fit than the Bucks, but the team may be able to find equal or better talent with less long-term risk tied to it.
    http://www.rototimes.com/article/201...-Preview-Bucks
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

If the worth of a man is measured by the strength his word, John Salmons is in serious fucking debt. So when this slippery fish slithers his way back into the ACC, extract your pound of flesh with The Flagrancy’s new John Salmons home and away jerseys.

The Flagrancy

God wouldn't let him sign back in 2006 and I can't think of many times where God has changed his mind.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        The Flagrancy

God wouldn't let him sign back in 2006 and I can't think of many times where God has changed his mind.
        I do it once in a while. Wait, I've said too much....
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

John Salmons does not want to come to Toronto. Colangelo tried to get him here a few years ago and he balked at the last minute. That door has been closed. Forever.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            John Salmons does not want to come to Toronto. Colangelo tried to get him here a few years ago and he balked at the last minute. That door has been closed. Forever.
            Was it even last minute? Anyway, what Arsenalist said is right. Other people may remember this as the Fred Jones signing (our "conselation prize"... ugh).

Comment

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2526850

Comment

Quick update, John Salmons and his wife just had a baby.

I bet its a mean baby.

Comment

LOL At OP rather having Salmons over Joe Johnson.

Also forgot about Fred Jones altogether.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                    LOL At OP rather having Salmons over Joe Johnson.

Also forgot about Fred Jones altogether.
                    John Salmons is 3rd in the NBA in offensive rating so clearly he's the better player even now.

Comment

How was this thread even found? lol

Comment

Was reading, and thought "What the Fuck is this thead?

Then I saw it was 4 years old.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                          Was reading, and thought "What the Fuck is this thead?

Then I saw it was 4 years old.
                          That's what happened to me! LOL

Comment

God led Superjudge to this thread!

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                              God led Superjudge to this thread!
                              God & the Queen....Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X