This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh and James Strongly Considering Miami

ORLANDO, Fla. -- WKMG Local 6 Sports Director David Pingalore has learned that two-time NBA MVP LeBron James and Toronto Raptors star forward Chris Bosh are seriously contemplating joining Dwyane Wade to play for the Miami Heat next season, according to an NBA source close to the discussions.

James, Wade and Bosh all become unrestricted free agents on July 1, the date that teams can begin courting free agents. Free agents aren't allowed to officially sign with NBA teams until July 8, but handshake deals are expected to be reached soon after July 1.

James, Wade and Bosh all made $15.7 million this past season. And even though they are eligible for drastic pay raises to maximum allowable money, all three might have to take pay cuts to play together in South Florida.

James, considered the top NBA free agent in years, can sign a six-year contract worth $126 million if he returns to Cleveland. If he leaves for another team, he can only sign a five-year deal worth $96.2 million.

If James and Bosh leave their teams and join Wade in Miami, it would likely dramatically shift the balance of power in the Eastern Conference. That trio in Miami would give the Heat easily the most star-studded roster in the Eastern Conference.

The scenario would also threaten the Orlando Magic's stranglehold on the Southeast Division. The Orlando Magic have won the last three division titles, easily outdistancing the Atlanta Hawks and Heat.

Wade led the Heat to the 2005 NBA title, but Miami hasn't been a serious contender in the years since -- much to the superstar shooting guard's frustration. Wade, who has finished in the top five in the MVP voting each of the past two seasons, has made it clear that he only plans to return to the Heat if Miami drastically upgrades the talent around him.

James, the league's MVP the past two seasons, led the Cavs to 66 and 61 wins the past two years, but Cleveland was knocked out of the playoffs short of the NBA Finals each time. The Magic beat top-seeded Cleveland in 2009, while Boston beat the Cavs in the second round of the playoffs last month.

Bosh has made the playoffs just twice in seven years in Toronto. He is considered one of the NBA's best all-around power forwards, ranking ninth in the NBA in scoring (24.0) and fifth in rebounding (10.8) this past season.
    ClickOrlando.com

Riley promises to sell James and Chris Bosh on taking a little less money for a chance to be champions. He plans to tell them all about how the Showtime Lakers did it in the pre-salary cap ’80’s and how they can do it, too. It’s an improbable scenario, and a source with knowledge of his plans says Riley clearly prefers Chris Bosh over Amar’e Stoudemire with the second max contract slot the Heat have available.
    Yahoo Sports

Well, apparently LeBron is leaning towards Chicago, as well. This doesn't make sense!!! I simply can't believe that unsubstantiated and conflicting rumours are being printed by legitimate news sources. My world doesn't make sense, anymore!!!!!!!!
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

NOt the heat!!!!
      chicago > miami
      i HATE their jerseys

Comment

noname27 wrote: View Post
        i HATE their jerseys
        Yeah that's what matters here.

I'm calling complete bullshit on the first article.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          Well, apparently LeBron is leaning towards Chicago, as well. This doesn't make sense!!! I simply can't believe that unsubstantiated and conflicting rumours are being printed by legitimate news sources. My world doesn't make sense, anymore!!!!!!!!
          If I was buying a truck. I would be leaning towards a Silverado but considering a Ram as well.

Either way, the last batch a rumors have real names attached to them as sources. That's something a little more than what had been going on for the past two years.

Comment

Funny thing about it but these last batch of rumors seem to be lining up with what I have been saying for at least the last two weeks regarding next season's uniforms for James and Bosh; i.e., James in Chicago and Bosh in Miami.

Of course the proof will be in the pudding and the its not cooled yet so we shall see how it comes out when it all solidifies.

P.S. Always keep some chocolate pudding in the frig.

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Hey Buddha, it would have been funny if you had pasted Bosh and Wade in Heat uniforms into the pudding. Then the proof would have actually been in the pudding.
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

noname27 wrote: View Post
                NOt the heat!!!!
                chicago > miami
                i HATE their jerseys

This must be a joke but just for fun:

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                  Hey Buddha, it would have been funny if you had pasted Bosh and Wade in Heat uniforms into the pudding. Then the proof would have actually been in the pudding.
                  Believe me, I wish I could "Photoshop" but ain't evva gonna happn! .
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

If that ever happens I predict the Heat will be a "hated" team. I can see where most will be rooting against these guys rather than cheering for them. And there goes Stern's vision of spreading the wealth and having a balanced league. I suppose every Sunday afternoon national telecast will have a Heat game. I am not even sure it is a very good basketball move...imagine they are not jelling (one ball syndrome) and Riley has to make a move to make one of them go onto the second team...ouch. Nevermind their payroll to stock the rest of the team.

Comment

i doubt james cares because dude has made like 200 million dollars off nike.

if he takes a paycut he won't care but bosh does.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                      X