• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raptors have one of the NBA’s best lineups

Posted today
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wayne-..._b_370851.html

Marco Belinelli is Awesome!
    Marco Bellinelli was traded from the Warriors to the Raptors during the off-season. He is certainly making the most of his increased playing time. Bellinelli has an Adjusted +/- of +15 points. To see why look at the following amazing stats:

When Bellinelli is in with Bargnani, the Raptors play 23 points better than average. When Bargnani is in without Bellinelli, the Raptors are just an average team.
    When Bosh and Turkoglu are in without Bellinelli the Raptors are 4 points better than an average team. Enter Bellinelli and the Raptors play 23 points better than average.
    The Raptors have one of the NBA’s best lineups: Bosh, Turkoglu, Bellinelli, Calderon and Bargnani. So far this lineup has played 44 points per game better than an average NBA lineup. Put four three point shooters in with a good low post player and you are virtually unguardable. This may be the best NBA quintet in history that includes only one American.
    Last edited by Liston; Wed Nov 25, 2009, 05:51 PM.
    http://twitter.com/Liston

The interesting thing would be to see Belinelli starting. He is certainly no worse defensively than DeDe (less size/athleticism, but better BBall IQ), but far better offensively.

If you think the Raps are sickly efficient on the offensive end, wait 'til we see that lineup on the floor together!

Comment

Belinelli is playing very good basketball at the moment but I don't think he can sustain his efficiency offensively. He's never been an overly efficient player (solid, but not great). Too streaky + undisciplined.

We'll see over the coming weeks and months whether this is just a hot streak offensively or if it's legitimate improvement. I'm guessing it's a hot streak.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

i absolutely love beli...hes one of the most productive players we have....great spark off the bench....and it helps that he also drives to the basket and is an excellent passer...

Comment

I am so split on this team. Every player has as many flaws as they have skills:

- Belinelli: Good offense but very streaky.
          - Calderon: Potentially good offense but terrible defense.
          - DeRozan: Slasher who doesn't slash enough. Inconsistent jumper.
          - Bargnani: Unreliable, good offensive player, terrible defender/rebounder.
          - Turkoglu: Great offensive player, underutilized, getting up there in age.
          - Bosh: Great this year.
          - Jack: Hot and cold every other night. Can drive but doesn't drive enough.

Aaah!!!

Comment

DeRozan is firguring things out. I think its a matter of him learning when to slash. He can't get away with some of the decisions he made in college. He's playing against men now.

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
              Belinelli is playing very good basketball at the moment but I don't think he can sustain his efficiency offensively. He's never been an overly efficient player (solid, but not great). Too streaky + undisciplined.
              I think you're right Dave. I think he has potential to be a very solid contributor, but like Bargs, needs to make smarter decisions. Defensively he's a liability (but not as terrible as some make him out to be) and when "paired" with Amir, this is a bit less of a concern (as is his rebounding deficiency). Meanwhile they click nicely on offence.
              http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

Working...
              X