Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noc, Garcia and 5 for Hedo, DeRozan and 13? That actually doesn't sound too bad.

I have a low regards for DeRozan though. Some of you guys like him a lot so I'm guessing this deal sounds horrible for you. I'm thinking at #5 we can get a better player than DeRozan, and we still have Weems to fall back on anyway.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

You bow to the 'requests' of a guy like Turk because you're a class organization. That, and you really don't want him anyway and he has a trade-kicker that I'm thinking has to do with an ability to veto a trade? Dunno if someone can confirm that one..
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

I have a buddy with some insider ties and this is what he had to say about Hedo and the Kings:

I know Petrie has had an uber basketball boner over Hedo for quite some time. But he is seriously the most tight lipped SOB ever. The only time you hear King news is when it's another cities reporter reporting from their team. Even the King beat writers are out of the loop most of the time until the final moments.

The market for Hedo isn't going to be overwhemling, but if there is a market, I'd have to think the Kings would be at the top. I know Petrie's been wanting Hedo back for quite some time but never had the funds or resources for the "good" Hedo.

The cap space thing...if they did move Noch and Garcia, it really wouldn't hurt them this coming year or next. And really, that's the only time they're going to have cap room with Casspi, Hawes, and maybe Thompson all up. By that time, they wont have enough under the cap for a big contract, especially with the new CBA. And who knows, they might give Evans a big contract too to make him happy when he's on the last two years of qualifying money.

I think the Raptors are going to have to pay to get rid of him...somehow DeRozan and/or the 13th would need to be involved, possibly with the Kings 5th.

I don't think it's super far fetched to think something could go down, but, I don't think many Raptor fans would like it if it was since they'd be on the wrong end of it. And really, I question if the Raps even wanna do that unless they're sure Bosh is gone and want the 5th pick.

Comment

benitonicoya wrote: View Post
          Problem with Turk going to SAC is that they already have Donte Green and Omar Casspi plus Nocioni to play the SF position; I really doubt SAC would want to get rid of any of the two Green or Casspi, two promising young players for an old and corrupted player like Turk.

Unless the Raptors are so lucky that SAC really wants Turk back and are willing to give up Donte Green plus putting up some sort of deal involving their "expensive " players Garcia, Nocioni and Udrih.
          from what we believe but from what people outside the organization say is a whole different story people still think he has game.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

dont think casspi or green are ready to start yet but turk has a 12 million player option in 2 years what team is going to take that unless we give up derozan and BCs not that stupid (i hope). i think our best option of getting rid of turk is trading him with bosh to miami for beasley, chalmers, and picks and that way we dont have to take back any garbage contracts and we are left only with calderon to deal to orlando for pietrus and bass

Comment

Turkoglu & Bellinelli
              FOR
              Nocioni & Garcia

sounds like a great trade to me.

Both players, right off the hop, are better trade assets than Hedo. Far easier to trade Noc, to a play-off team that needs toughness, at his salary than it is to trade Turks at his salary - if even, only, because MOST play-off teams already have established playmaking.

Also, if one assumes:

a. Hedo will trigger his Player Option and
              b. the Team Options for Nocioni and Garcia will NOT be triggered

then the salary savings START at $15.5 million.

No brainer.

Comment

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=16428

As the above article states, Turkoglu is practically untradeable. So, Turk has three scenarios. The Raptors tell him to stay in Europe for the forseeable future, buyout his contract, or come back to T.O. grovelling with his tale between his legs and comes to camp in shape with the intention of helping the team win.
                -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                  I think you guys are remembering back to 2006-07. I don't remember watching him play that often when he was with the Bulls. However over the last two years with the Kings his defense has been awful. He is also going to be 31 in the fall so I don't see where he will get any better.
                  Well said -- Nocioni was a very good defender when he entered the league but he declined considerably over his final year and a half in Chicago and has continued to decline ever since. Nocioni, today, is a poor defensive player.

I agree that he plays hard and physical but so does Reggie
                  Quoted for truth. Bang on.
                  nbaroundtable

Comment

I think you guys are remembering back to 2006-07. I don't remember watching him play that often when he was with the Bulls. However over the last two years with the Kings his defense has been awful. He is also going to be 31 in the fall so I don't see where he will get any better.

I agree that he plays hard and physical but so does Reggie

Playing hard and physical does not make one a good defender especially in today's game where the league frowns on physical play by the wings/guards.
                    I admit I havent seen much of Nocioni since he went to Sac. But I agree with the pro Nocioni posts here...he was a fave of mine when on the Bulls. There were also strong rumours that Ainge/Rivers wanted him on the Cs in 2009 but the contract was too onerous...they dont go for dummies on D typically. Doesnt he still make the Argentinian A team?

Comment

Don't bother updating Windows. Upgrade to Linux.

Comment

Get a Mac.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

the Kings have been talking to several teams about moving down in the draft. The Kings are looking for veterans and have been shopping Andres Nocioni and Francisco Garcia to see if they can get any takers.
                          ESPN.com

Comment

Working...
                          X