X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedo Wants To Return To the Kings

Sources: Turkoglu longs for return to Kings

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 1 hour, 6 minutes ago

Already public with his desire to be traded, disgruntled Toronto Raptors forward Hedo Turkoglu(notes) has privately expressed to league friends a desire to return to the Sacramento Kings, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

After Raptors general manager Bryan Colangelo brought him to Toronto with a five-year, $53 million contract last summer, Turkoglu had a tumultuous season and recently told Turkish television – and apparently the organization – that he no longer wants to play for the franchise.

The Kings and Raptors have yet to engage in trade discussions, sources say, but communication is a likely possibility before the end of the month. There won’t be much of a market for the declining veteran, but there are scenarios where he could make sense for the Kings.

The Kings need a small forward with an ability to put the ball on the floor and general manager Geoff Petrie drafted Turkoglu and shepherded his development into one of the NBA’s more versatile players. League executives believe Sacramento would need Toronto to minimally take forward Andres Nocioni(notes) and the two years, $13.5 million left on his contract.

The Kings seem inclined to get better in the short term with some veteran additions, and they’d have to evaluate how much more Turkoglu could give them over the next two or three seasons.
    cont on link

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;...uraptors060810

This would be great if BC could manage to get Casspi from the Kings.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Jun 8, 2010, 10:48 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Kings aren't letting go of Casspi, I very much doubt it. Kings are under the cap so can absorb some salary, though I'm not sure what else of our "assets" they would want. Taking back Nocioni would be fine for us (only 2 years 13 million, and he brings some grit), and the Kings seem to be very willing to move him after his apparent disgruntlement last season.

Comment

Casspi would be a pipe dream, but Nocioni is certainly the more realistic option which I'd also support.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
        Kings aren't letting go of Casspi, I very much doubt it. Kings are under the cap so can absorb some salary, though I'm not sure what else of our "assets" they would want. Taking back Nocioni would be fine for us (only 2 years 13 million, and he brings some grit), and the Kings seem to be very willing to move him after his apparent disgruntlement last season.
        Nocioni sucks. I would rather have the Raptors keep Turk or buy him out then trade him for Nocioni even with the small TPE.

U are probably correct about the Kings not letting Casspi go however Weems is better than Nocioni. If the Raptors got a TPE out of it and could work a three team deal that sent Nocioni to a third team, it might not be a bad deal depending on who the Raptors got from the third team.

What would be better would be Hedo and the Raptors 13th pick for the Kings 5th pick and Nocioni. It might be worth it to take a bum like Nocioni if the Raptors could move up to 5th on the board. They could always worry about dumping Nocioni later. However, I doubt that the Kings would do this deal.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Doubtful that SAC wants Turk back

Problem with Turk going to SAC is that they already have Donte Green and Omar Casspi plus Nocioni to play the SF position; I really doubt SAC would want to get rid of any of the two Green or Casspi, two promising young players for an old and corrupted player like Turk.

Unless the Raptors are so lucky that SAC really wants Turk back and are willing to give up Donte Green plus putting up some sort of deal involving their "expensive " players Garcia, Nocioni and Udrih.

Comment

Is there any chance that we could pick up one of Sacto's bigs in a deal for Turkey-Glue? Hawes, Thompson or Landry? If the option was a Nocioni + 1 of the bigs for Jerkoglu + 13th pick, would anyone make that?

Comment

We'd probably have to absorb Garcia's salary as apart of any deal involving Hedo to Sacremento.

Comment

I don't really care where he wants to go he goes where ever the best trade is.

Comment

let him void his contract then he can do whatever the fuck he wants

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    We'd probably have to absorb Garcia's salary as apart of any deal involving Hedo to Sacremento.
                    That is correct. This is the only way Kings are willing to take Hedo, by giving us Garcia and Nochioni and neither of them can play.

If I was BC, I would let Hedo and his GM do the looking around right now and will not waste my time on his sorry ass.

Comment

Noc would be a good guess of a guy they would drop on the table. That would be fine by me seeing as he's sort of like a more talented Jorge Garbaosa. My fear would be them saying "We'll take Hedo off your hands but you need to take Beno Udrih off our hands".

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Noc would be a good guess of a guy they would drop on the table. That would be fine by me seeing as he's sort of like a more talented Jorge Garbaosa. My fear would be them saying "We'll take Hedo off your hands but you need to take Beno Udrih off our hands".
                        Nocioni's defense is worse than Calderon's.

Please the Raptors don't need anymore of these guys.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post

I strongly disagree. He bust his ass and his weakness is revolving around help defense, not all defense like Calderon.

Defense: Does a great job of frustrating his man on defense end by getting in his jersey and forcing him to work for every inch down low. Doesn’t block many shots, nor does he get many steals, but is an incredibly effective inside-outside defender none the less. Does a decent job of going straight up in the post, but loses his composure periodically leading to silly fouls. Knows and uses all the tricks of the trade
                          DraftExpress.com

Nocioni's physical style of defense created controversy around the league
                          Wikipedia

Defense is thought to be one of Nocioni’s strong points. And on the ball, he proves to be a pesky defender, using his physicality to body bigger attackers. But Nocioni is constantly sloughing off his man to help elsewhere, only to have his assignment beat him with a wide open shot.
                          Examiner.com

The physicality is something that's appealing for the Raptors. Whenever somebody got sent to the court last season no one did anything to protect or defend the honor of that guy. They just stood there, watched it happen and didn't even get in the face of the opponent. This is part of the reason why the Raptors have the "soft" label. Noc won't take that crap. He'll hard foul that guy into the hardwood. He'll also play strong man to man defense and the help defense is something that can be worked on.
                          Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jun 8, 2010, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post

What? You couldn't be more wrong Buddah. Sure he had a horrible season last year, but I chalk that up to how he was being used. (or lack there of)

Noc isn't an amazing defender, but very much of the same mold as Garbajosa but better from a defensive perspective.

Comment

When Noc was in Chicago he received nothing but praise in the media for his toughness, determination and solid defense. He could do everything Jorge could, only a little more on offense.

Comment

Working...
                              X