X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nocioni: "Toronto is not a bad option"

HoopsHype.com translation:

Andres Nocioni: "I openly told the Kings that I wasn't going to stay. They told me they were OK with it and that they were going to try to trade me to a competitive team, probably on draft day... I have to wait."
    Andres Nocioni: "Toronto is not a bad option, but I don't want to talk about rumors."
    Original Spanish source: Ole Basquet

Hmmm .... nice to see him make a reference to us though.

Edited the title too Apollo. Make it a little more appealing.

Comment

I trust your judgment.

I was hoping for a little more enthusiasm towards Toronto from Noc. Doesn't he realize he would probably start here right from the get go? I think he would step in and fill a similar role to that of Jorge Garbajosa. The team needs a smart, tough, glue guy like that in the lineup.

Comment

Someone showing some form of positiveness towards this franchise!?
        All I've gotta say is... Colangelo, don't sleep.

Although, I'm assuming he hasn't been following the raptors' offseason so far. Unless his definition of "competitive" is a little stray.

Comment

If this trade goes down and Nocioni starts I see it as a wash with Turk on the court at best.

However at least initially his attitude should be better and he should try harder. How long that would last we will just have to wait and find out if the trade does happen.

As stated before the contract is for two less years and about 1/3 less money per year so that along with the TPE that would come back if it was a one for one trade would be good things.

Nothing to get excited about on this if it happens. More like a medium level disappointment because I would think that BC could do noticeably better than Nocioni for Turk but then again maybe not.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

The Mascot wrote: View Post
            Someone showing some form of positiveness towards this franchise!?
            All I've gotta say is... Colangelo, don't sleep.

Although, I'm assuming he hasn't been following the raptors' offseason so far. Unless his definition of "competitive" is a little stray.
            To me "not bad" sounds like someone being neutral.

Comment

Turkoglu rumour mill still churning
              Published On Wed Jun 09 2010
              Raptors forward Hedo Turkoglu. He wants out of Toronto.

By Doug Smith Sports Reporter

However, league sources here expect Colangelo to place calls to a couple of dozen NBA teams looking for a possible trade involving the 30-year-old Turkoglu, who still has four years and more than $40 million to go on a contract he signed with Toronto last summer.

But the sources also indicate there has been nothing discussed between the Kings, where Turkoglu started his NBA career, and Toronto.
              Ah ye ole "sources" source. That 4sure gives strong credence to the writer's comment every time

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...still-churning
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                To me "not bad" sounds like someone being neutral.
                Hey... a neutral, I'll take it.
                At this point for the raptors, at least its not negative. With all of the rumours going around, and all other GMs knowing the dire summer Mr. Colangelo faces, a "not bad," at this point is really as good as its getting.

Comment

Honestly, I'll take him if it means getting rid of Hedo. I think after this past season, Turk's contract has got to be up there with one of the worst around the league, and even though I personally feel that his actual value is higher than his perceived value, we're not going to get much for him. If we were able to shed his contract for a more reasonably priced and shorter contract like Nocioni's, I'm gonna be leaping at that opportunity.

Comment

All I want is a good defensive 3, Nocioni would be an upgrade.
                    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                    X