This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    I disagree. Colangelo stated he sees many different scenarios where the team is paying tax and he makes no mention of them all including Chris Bosh on roster. They can re-sign Amir Johnson and still use the MLE and BAE. You're just making a prediction based on your opinion. I don't want to confuse people about the CBA rules. This is why I'm stressing this point.
    Ok, Lets asume you sign with Amir and still have MLE and BAE. Now you need to load Wright, Rasho and POB seats to complete 15 players squad. As i said not much space to jump to top level. The problem was not the talent. The talent was there. They were just not compatible with eachothers.

Comment

Vellassco wrote: View Post
      Not over 40M $, its 31.800.000 $ (last year on his contract has player option and CBA rules exclude option year at trade kicker). That makes his kicker about 4.700.000 $ ( if it is %15 on his contract, rumors say its max and %15) . If he waives some of his kicker, say %30 ( he cant waive all of it , sorry but its another CBA rules; max 1/3 i guess), that makes 3.100.000 $ for remaining 3 years. 1M per year.
      You, sir, are hilarious. Have you noticed that each and every single one of your posts involve a change in position? Let's summarize:

1. It's not $6 million, it's a $3 million trade kicker, and the Raptors will be forced to spend their MLE on Amir Johnson. Conclusion: Raptors will have no MLE to spend on a new player.

2. Actually, some other team will offer Amir their MLE, so the Raptors won't be able to use their MLE on Amir because it will take more money that that. Conclusion: Raptors will have their MLE to spend but they won't because they're over the luxury tax level.

3. Actually, it's a $4.7 million trade kicker, but if we apply some random discount, it now becomes $3 million. Conclusion: I am right because I just made up a CBA rule.

So here's my response:

You are right, but only about the trade kicker not being $6 million. (The option year doesn't count unless it's been exercised.) Instead, the trade kicker is $4.77 million, period. Not $3 million if we apply a ~30% discount. Not $2.4 million if we apply a ~50% discount. Just $4.77 million. The only time part of the kicker can be waived (by the player) is if it is necessary to make the trade work -- that is, only the amount that causes the trade to exceed the "125% +/-$100,000" trade value rule can be waived. There is no 1/3 discount rule, and because we have no idea what the trade will be, you pulled your discount out of your ass. Pure bullshit.

You were also wrong in your initial point that the Raptors will have to use their MLE on Amir Johnson, but I guess you saw your error and quickly tried to amend it with another piece of speculative BS. If it takes way more than the ~$6 mil (MLE value) to re-sign Amir, goodbye Amir. Otherwise, welcome back and the Raptors will be sitting on $51-53 million worth of guaranteed salary, plus whatever they get back for Bosh, if anything, and plus or minus the difference in salary between Hedo and whatever we get back for him. Considering the luxury tax level will be ~$68 mil (if the projected cap of ~$56 mil stays true), we should have plenty of room for the rookie contract, MLE and minimum salary players, unless we take someone like Bynum back in the Bosh trade. It will likely be the MLE that puts us into the luxury tax, and if the MLE is well spent, it will be worth it anyhow.

Conclusion: You're an idiot.

P.S. The Raptors will NOT have the BAE available since they used it on Rasho last season. It's called a Bi-Annual Exception for a reason.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
        You, sir, are hilarious. Have you noticed that each and every single one of your posts involve a change in position? Let's summarize:

1. It's not $6 million, it's a $3 million trade kicker, and the Raptors will be forced to spend their MLE on Amir Johnson. Conclusion: Raptors will have no MLE to spend on a new player.

2. Actually, some other team will offer Amir their MLE, so the Raptors won't be able to use their MLE on Amir because it will take more money that that. Conclusion: Raptors will have their MLE to spend but they won't because they're over the luxury tax level.

3. Actually, it's a $4.7 million trade kicker, but if we apply some random discount, it now becomes $3 million. Conclusion: I am right because I just made up a CBA rule.

So here's my response:

You are right, but only about the trade kicker not being $6 million. (The option year doesn't count unless it's been exercised.) Instead, the trade kicker is $4.77 million, period. Not $3 million if we apply a ~30% discount. Not $2.4 million if we apply a ~50% discount. Just $4.77 million. The only time part of the kicker can be waived (by the player) is if it is necessary to make the trade work -- that is, only the amount that causes the trade to exceed the "125% +/-$100,000" trade value rule can be waived. There is no 1/3 discount rule, and because we have no idea what the trade will be, you pulled your discount out of your ass. Pure bullshit.

You were also wrong in your initial point that the Raptors will have to use their MLE on Amir Johnson, but I guess you saw your error and quickly tried to amend it with another piece of speculative BS. If it takes way more than the ~$6 mil (MLE value) to re-sign Amir, goodbye Amir. Otherwise, welcome back and the Raptors will be sitting on $51-53 million worth of guaranteed salary, plus whatever they get back for Bosh, if anything, and plus or minus the difference in salary between Hedo and whatever we get back for him. Considering the luxury tax level will be ~$68 mil (if the projected cap of ~$56 mil stays true), we should have plenty of room for the rookie contract, MLE and minimum salary players, unless we take someone like Bynum back in the Bosh trade. It will likely be the MLE that puts us into the luxury tax, and if the MLE is well spent, it will be worth it anyhow.

Conclusion: You're an idiot.

P.S. The Raptors will NOT have the BAE available since they used it on Rasho last season. It's called a Bi-Annual Exception for a reason.
        Well... Is it common language to communicate with other members in here or am i missing something? go fuck offs, pulling from ass, being called directly idiot... am i really deserving that kind of language? even if i'm wrong on something do you have right to act like this on me? If you have something to add or some corrections, just do it, do it wisely.

In your whole post , only valuable knowledge is "that is, only the amount that causes the trade to exceed the "125% +/-$100,000" trade value rule can be waived" sentence and thank you for filling my "i guess" part. If you took it from my ass, well, i wish you come when im farting, i bet it would give you more freshing air to understand my notion. Others are your blind mode and not worth to read till the end. Putting numbers on beginning of your paragraphs does not make them valuable. I dont know which part of my body you will take this but We were just chatting for "what if" game with Apollo for last year squad whether they played their full mode or not, there would not be successful year and minor changes cant drag the team promised lands. It has nothing to do with current circumstances and Boshs' S&T, Hedos' trade request were not our issue.

Conclusion: Yes, I'm idiot. What am i doing here..

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          if there already over the luxury tax clearly money is no issue.
          I do believe being in the lux tax area is not something teams enjoy. Even the Lakers have a business issue with this. Theyll only go so far. The point I was really trying to make is that it limits options and takes certain possibilities out of the running and with some (to address your point) that kicker could well be the amount that put the team into the lux area. Again, while I am not opposed to the contractual item itself it should be voided when it is the player requesting the trade. It was put in to protect the player against the team moving them.

Comment

Vellassco wrote: View Post
            Amir can easily get MLE from another team.
            What are you basing this on? I can give you one example of why I don't think what you're saying is such a sure thing. Brandon Bass. In 2008/09 Bass posted:
            8.5PPG, 50.0FG%, 87FT%, 4.5REB, 1.7PF and then hit free agency, only one year older than Amir is now, and signed a four year $16M deal. That's $4M/yr. This year Amir posted:
            6.2PPG, 62.3FG%, 64FT%, 4.8REB, 3.1PF

Amir was a little more efficient but I don't think that bit is going to gain him much more money. He only took four shots a game and most of those were easy buckets. Bass was taking 6 a game, making 3. Amir was taking 4 a game, making 2.5.

Comment

I disagree on that. Bass and Amir have different skill sets and i dont think GMs give much value on per game stats instead of their overall impact to the game. I think also correct comparison would be Landry, not Bass. And you're missing one important thing too: this summer there will be lots of money on the market. Where do you think that goes after esp Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, Joe Johnson and Boozer pick their choices? Watch last Chicago and NY games again and see how he progressed his game through the end of season. Add a bit bulk and give him a starter role then let him find his ceiling.

Comment

@RaptorsDevotee - Doug Smith keeps saying that Turk is still highly regarded around the league outside of TO. Do you agree, is he trade-able?

@Eric__Smith - Yes. I think NBA coaches & GMs are smart enough to not write a guy off after one sub-par year.
                Source: Eric Smith's Blog

Comment

Working...
                X