Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo, didn't mean to diss, but that was last year's new and last year's #'s.

This year will be a new era, so we have to start a brand new equation.

Comment

One could argue that you are making a "bold statement" by saying that Bargs will NOT make the all star team.

It could also be construed that your conviction that Bogut, Lopez, Horford, Noah, et al are better centers than Bargs is also "bold".

We will see come all star time next year whether your immediate dismissal of Andrea's potential is warranted, but I am betting it is not sir.

Comment

I really don't understand what you've seen out of Bargnani that would make him one of the elite players in the Eastern Conference. Instead of looking at the many facts that have been presented, you choose to ignore them and instead tell us to "watch out" for Bargnani and its "a new era"... Please, you're making yourself look ridiculous...If you want people to take you seriously, maybe you could substantiate your argument at least with some scenarios or possibilities detailing how exactly you think Bargs is going to accomplish this All-Star berth.

Comment

I'll side with Multipaul, I don't see him cracking the roster, but its not inconceivable.

The all star game mainly recognizes offensive players which leans in Bargs favor, regardless of whether he has earned them or will use them efficiently he will be the recipient of a lot of Bosh's touches and have first dibs on the high post. The East doesn't have a lot of all star quality PF's right now, he could sneak in ala Jamal Magloire and forever taint the all star game.

If the raps can surprise people and hover around .500 till the all star break Bargs will be getting....MVP votes.

(Tim, i'm just kidding)

Comment

robito wrote: View Post
            I really don't understand what you've seen out of Bargnani that would make him one of the elite players in the Eastern Conference. Instead of looking at the many facts that have been presented, you choose to ignore them and instead tell us to "watch out" for Bargnani and its "a new era"... Please, you're making yourself look ridiculous...If you want people to take you seriously, maybe you could substantiate your argument at least with some scenarios or possibilities detailing how exactly you think Bargs is going to accomplish this All-Star berth.
            How am I making myself look "ridiculous"? I could say you are ridiculous for disagreeing with me so much. 2 years ago Dwade was a post-injury, fatigued shell of his former self playing on a dilapidated Heat. Last year he was "da man".

If I had told you he would be an all star would you have berated me just as much? Not saying Bargs is like Wade...BUT..if you look at the crop of Centers and Forwards out there that would be in the All Star mix, I think he has a shot (as evidenced by his fan voting tally this year).

I can substantiate my argument by saying that Bargs has improved statistically, and will continue to do so, and this year he won't have jabroni Bosh cramping his style.

Watch out...this is the year of the Bargs...

Comment

Moon Knight wrote: View Post
              Andrea's been increasing his scoring and his rebounds year to year (except for his rookie sophore campain i have no idea what happened there), so you would have to expect the trend to continue of him "imporving"
              Per 36 mpg, Bargnani averaged
              Year 1: 16.6 ppg and 5.6 rpg
              Year 2: 15.3 ppg and 5.6 rpg
              Year 3: 17.6 ppg and 6.1 rpg
              Year 4: 17.7 ppg and 6.2 rpg

His only real improvement came from year 2 to year 3, and it that's only because he declined from year 1 to year 2. This year he had nearly identical stats per minute as last year. In other words, he showed very little statistical improvement. What did go up were his minutes. Since he averaged 35 mpg last year, I don't see him getting many more than that next.

The one area which got worse is drawing fouls. He drew fouls at a worse rate this past year than any other previous season. Not a good sign for a guy who people expect to take on the scoring load.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                LMFAO, man, you guys are laying heat on me...

Think about it..lets assume (this is dangerous I know) that CB goes out West. Who do you see as the starting PF? Garnett? Horford?

I think Bargs, as the #1 option this year, will put up big time #'s, and will get the nod.

Who do you think will beat him out? Lee maybe?
                lee will be an all star before andrea is even close.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Per 36 mpg, Bargnani averaged
                  Year 1: 16.6 ppg and 5.6 rpg
                  Year 2: 15.3 ppg and 5.6 rpg
                  Year 3: 17.6 ppg and 6.1 rpg
                  Year 4: 17.7 ppg and 6.2 rpg

His only real improvement came from year 2 to year 3, and it that's only because he declined from year 1 to year 2. This year he had nearly identical stats per minute as last year. In other words, he showed very little statistical improvement. What did go up were his minutes. Since he averaged 35 mpg last year, I don't see him getting many more than that next.

The one area which got worse is drawing fouls. He drew fouls at a worse rate this past year than any other previous season. Not a good sign for a guy who people expect to take on the scoring load.
                  Bargnani's shot blocking is awesome, he also makes critical offensive moves and defensive stops during crunch time. I watched all the games this year, he was composed and focused in the heat of some serious battles, and even when he was "off" offensively he managed to sustain his defensive effort. Once Bosh gets out of his way, he will emerge.

Comment

I have a funny feeling too that 2011 might be the Year of Bargs. Better keep this thread Paul just in case, you can slap everybody around with it incase Bargs gets into the All-Star Team.

If we get a big, a shot-blocking, rebounding, no-ego big to be exact, i think this will make way for Bargs to excel. I remember in Bosh's exit interview, he was saying, "some of these guys are really good, you just have to push them and let them know how good they are" i think he might be referring to Bargs....

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                      One could argue that you are making a "bold statement" by saying that Bargs will NOT make the all star team.

It could also be construed that your conviction that Bogut, Lopez, Horford, Noah, et al are better centers than Bargs is also "bold".

We will see come all star time next year whether your immediate dismissal of Andrea's potential is warranted, but I am betting it is not sir.
                      Well, Horford made the All-Star team last year ahead of Bargnani. And all those centers had a higher PER than Bargnani (including Noah, who's a defensive player which PER doesn't generally recognize). Lopez and Bogut had PERs 5 points higher than Bargnani. And since PER doesn't take into account defense, and all those players are also much better defensive players than Bargnani, it's difficult to argue that Bargnani is better than any of them.

SImply trying to reverse what people are saying doesn't make it magically true.

It's great that you're optimistic about Bargnani, but the facts don't support your argument, so don't pretend they do.

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                      If the raps can surprise people and hover around .500 till the all star break Bargs will be getting....MVP votes.

(Tim, i'm just kidding)
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                        Its not that far off as far as ridiculous, unabashed claims go.

If Bosh leaves, Bargs should be putting up minimum 19-7, 1.5 blk, decent percentages and hopefully not world class matador defense.

Dwight will have center, Brook/Bogut backing him up and if Amare stays west and Bosh goes west or maybe even Bulls, Josh Smith is the only real threat at PF. Conventional wisdom says the East just stacks up on centers and undersized small forwards rather than let Bargs into the all star game.
                        If Bosh leaves Johnson will start at PF - You can buy gold with this one
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          Well, Horford made the All-Star team last year ahead of Bargnani. And all those centers had a higher PER than Bargnani (including Noah, who's a defensive player which PER doesn't generally recognize). Lopez and Bogut had PERs 5 points higher than Bargnani. And since PER doesn't take into account defense, and all those players are also much better defensive players than Bargnani, it's difficult to argue that Bargnani is better than any of them.

SImply trying to reverse what people are saying doesn't make it magically true.

It's great that you're optimistic about Bargnani, but the facts don't support your argument, so don't pretend they do.
                          Tim- is All Star voting predicated on PER? Last time I checked...it was not......so...simply trying to throw unrelated statistics at your argument does not validate it either. Throw a poll up on this board which asks who people think are the best Centers in the East and I am guessing most will not agree that Lopez is better than Bargs.

Comment

What exactly did Bargnani do better than Lopez last year?

Comment

Ok I'm sorry, Bargnanni will NOT be a starter EVER b/c he is UNPOPULAR among NBA fans and therefore in NO WAY is he EVER going to start in an ASG. Put that IN your head. Period.

Comment

Multipaul is just Mrs. Bargnani, trying to support her son. If I had a kid I'd be hyping him up on forums too .

Comment

Working...
                                X