This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedo Should Be Benched!

I was watching Grill Room yesterday and most of them were in agreeance for the most part about benching hedo for the rest of his Contract.

To show that this franchise is no longer just a pit stop for stars kind of like w/e you call those stores at the border lines. while, there was arguments that this is about the Raptors as a whole not Hedo.

But, they referred back to when Juwan Howard played for the Bullets and the Heat offered him a 6 yr/100 mill. contract. Washington matched it and Juwan Howard was angry that they did. So, they benched him and he barely played for those 6 years.

Effectively, ending the prime of his career until that contract ran out. After hearing that I think if we aren't getting Arenas or a package from SAcramento this is what we should do.

...?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

LBF wrote: View Post
    I was watching Grill Room yesterday and most of them were in agreeance for the most part about benching hedo for the rest of his Contract.

To show that this franchise is no longer just a pit stop for stars kind of like w/e you call those stores at the border lines. while, there was arguments that this is about the Raptors as a whole not Hedo.

But, they referred back to when Juwan Howard played for the Bullets and the Heat offered him a 6 yr/100 mill. contract. Washington matched it and Juwan Howard was angry that they did. So, they benched him and he barely played for those 6 years.

Effectively, ending the prime of his career until that contract ran out. After hearing that I think if we aren't getting Arenas or a package from SAcramento this is what we should do.

...?
    I don't think that Washington paid $100 million to Howard to bench him out of spite... And I don't think we should do the same with the Turk. Just get rid of the guy and move on.

Comment

Juwan Howard started every game and played about 38 minutes a night for four and a half years after signing that contract until the day he was traded to the Dallas Mavericks.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

The Grill Room came up I am afraid with a knee jerk reaction that were similar as my own first thoughts when I heard of Hedogate. But that is an emotional response with very little to gain for the franchise. The Howard case is not comparable because this is Hedo's last contract so future employment/contract is not a concern to him. It really would be best to come to an understanding with him privately that the Raptors would like this to be a sawoff at worst (since they gaveup nothing for him). That Howard case should have been tested in the courts by the NBA to set a precedent re non-performance. The only problem is that no player would testify against Howard that he wasnt fully putting out and the evidence would be more judgemental/anecdotal.

Comment

Make Hedo clean toilets at the ACC.

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
            Juwan Howard started every game and played about 38 minutes a night for four and a half years after signing that contract until the day he was traded to the Dallas Mavericks.
            not according to the four guys on grill room. i might be wrong but i don't think he was traded i think his contract ran out from what i read. but, hey then agin it's wikipedia.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
            X