Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Hedo for Diaw Trade

A charlotte fan posted this on the Raptors ESPN message board

A pretty respected NBA writer for the Charlotte Observer is saying that a possible trade between Toronto and Charlotte is being considered. The trade was rumored to be Turkoglu + Jack for Diaw + Gana.

It's gotten far enough that that was the rumored counter offer by the Bobcats. You guys first wanted Nazr, but obviously we will only tr to give up Gana. Thoughts? Have you heard of this rumor up there?
    http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/...=7010719&lid=0

I have no idea of who this Gana person is? However, my dream trade would be Hedo and Jose for Diaw and Mohammed.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

That would be Desagan Diop and that means the trade, as proposed, sucks.

Raptors would give up the best talent in the deal (Turks=> Diaw and Jack >>>> Diop) by a wide, wide margin and would only achieve some mediocre salary savings:

2010-11: ~ 800k
    2011-12: ~ 100k
    2012-13: ~ 9.6 million
    2013-14: 12.2 million

overall that IS a fair bit of cash but it comes waaaayyyyy late for it to be of any use now AND any benefit that accrues to getting rid of Turks is offset by getting rid of Jack.

For that deal to work a future 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder have to come to the Raps.

That said, Turks & Jack for Diaw & Mohammed offers up substantial salary savings and is a real option - though it still sucks to lose Jack.

Comment

No way, I'd do it if Banks or Evans' contract was included instead of Jack, but I think we could stand to get a lot more for him somewhere else.

Comment

not sure if Chandler becoming a FA would kill this deal or not....but:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...-agent-in-2010
        hit me in my inbox: phdsteve@gmail.com and don't forget to check out my weekly Wednesday Podcast: [I]The Doctor is In[I] right here at raptorsrepublic.com

Comment

My disdain for Turk doesn't outweigh my respect for Jack. Only trading Jack if its a no brainer trade like GS dumping Ellis.

Comment

Diaw/Hedo swap

Yes i've heard that rumour, but doubt its gonna happen. Hedo has gone public that he wants to go to Sacramento as you've probably heard, so I don't think you or the Bobcat management would want a disgruntled, over-paid, underachieving headache such as he's been for us. As crazy as it might sound, Princess-Hedo may get her wish of going to the Kings. Since Nocioni is also disgruntled, you will probably see some sort of swap for the two.

Comment

i love how these words get so overused when talking about Hedo - disgruntled, over-paid, underachieving headache

hahaha. we need to come up with new ones.

Comment

phdsteve wrote: View Post
                not sure if Chandler becoming a FA would kill this deal or not....but:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...-agent-in-2010
                Very pertinent. Chandler has certainly got the moons aligned in his favour. He would be nuts not to opt out and snag a deal before the next cba kicks in. Having contracts with opt out clauses seems to be the norm....the next cba should consider giving both parties equal rights on the issue (like if the player sucks or the team wishes to get under the cap and believes the untradeable player expendable).

Comment

It doesn't matter a fig where Turk wants to go?

Not a fig.

He will go where he is traded or he will not be paid.

He is under contract in the NBA so he cannot go to Europe.

Trade He-douche anywhere BUT Sacto, just outta spite.

He has no input to where he goes.

None.

Comment

Working...
                  X