Page 123 of 125 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 2487

Thread: The NFL Thread

  1. #2441
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why did Lynch stand for Mexican anthem though? Somebody should let him know that Mexican police use torture to obtain confessions.

  2. Like Mack North liked this post
  3. #2442
    Super Moderator Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    13,884
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default The NFL Thread

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    They're Americans... Living in America. Making millions and millions from the opportunities afforded them because they're Americans living in America.

    Anyway, you missed the point. Don't tell me you agree and then try to take down my point. Come on, really? And I'm in the majority on this topic based on polls and shrinking viewership. Not that this "proves" I'm right...
    Did he? Seems taking the “social justice” out of football was one half of your overall point; at least that’s certainly how it reads to me. Heck, that’s the point you make first with the NoFunLeague rules really appearing after.

    I certainly wouldn’t take the majority’s viewpoint as an indicator on anything these days.

    I think viewership is down more from quality of play than anything to do with players kneeling. How many teams are rolling out second or third string QBs right now? How many teams have O-Lines that can’t block? How many prime time games are complete duds?
    Last edited by Axel; Tue Nov 21st, 2017 at 05:40 AM.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

  4. #2443
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    7,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would add that the over-saturation of the market has played a big part as well. Thursday Night Football, multiple games in London that start at 9am EST or 6am PST, all day Sunday, then again Monday nights... It would be nice if they would just drop TNF, save for Thanksgiving - players hate it and fans seem disinterested.
    Just one year away... Bruno is almost here!

  5. #2444
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    They're Americans... Living in America. Making millions and millions from the opportunities afforded them because they're Americans living in America.

    Anyway, you missed the point. Don't tell me you agree and then try to take down my point. Come on, really? And I'm in the majority on this topic based on polls and shrinking viewership. Not that this "proves" I'm right...
    Perhaps I should have clarified what it was I agreed with in your post...the first 2 sentences I believe. Sorry.

    And, I am not sure what point I missed.

    I noticed/agreed with Axel's post and would rather not duplicate.... except to express again that being in the majority of any poll can frequently be on the wrong side of any issue and indeed history. One finds this all the time.

    My own peeve about the NFL is their sleepwalking thru the very real dangers and assistance/obligations related to CTE. The obfuscating is abysmal and immoral in my view. Hockey as well is doing this too.
    Last edited by Bendit; Tue Nov 21st, 2017 at 06:24 PM.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

  6. #2445
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  7. #2446
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


  8. Like Apollo liked this post
  9. #2447
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    7,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    They're shyte. If they lose next week, I'm foregoing the rest of this year and will start fresh in 2018.

    I can't believe how abysmal the offense has been without Zeke, it's downright atrocious. And the defense without Sean Lee is just a laughing stock. I can't believe there's nobody that can step up on either side of the ball to make a difference...

    I kinda hope they lose out and stock up on defensive players in the draft - but then again I hope they win out and go on a Super Bowl run. Fun fucking times for a Cowboys fan, and it all starts with the Deadskins next Thursday night. Yippee...
    Just one year away... Bruno is almost here!

  10. #2448
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    They're shyte. If they lose next week, I'm foregoing the rest of this year and will start fresh in 2018.

    I can't believe how abysmal the offense has been without Zeke, it's downright atrocious. And the defense without Sean Lee is just a laughing stock. I can't believe there's nobody that can step up on either side of the ball to make a difference...

    I kinda hope they lose out and stock up on defensive players in the draft - but then again I hope they win out and go on a Super Bowl run. Fun fucking times for a Cowboys fan, and it all starts with the Deadskins next Thursday night. Yippee...
    Stephen A. Smith rn:


  11. #2449
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    7,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Stephen A. Smith rn:

    Yea, make my day worse why don't you!
    Just one year away... Bruno is almost here!

  12. Like rocwell liked this post
  13. #2450
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Eli Manning has been benched. What?!

  14. #2451
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Starting QBs for Week 13

    Geno Smith
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Brett Hundley
    Jacoby Brissett
    Trevor Siemian
    Matt Moore
    Josh McCown
    Tom Savage
    Blaine Gabbert
    Mitch Trubisky
    DeShone Kizer

    LOL

  15. #2452
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    7,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Starting QBs for Week 13

    Geno Smith
    Ryan Fitzpatrick
    Brett Hundley
    Jacoby Brissett
    Trevor Siemian
    Matt Moore
    Josh McCown
    Tom Savage
    Blaine Gabbert
    Mitch Trubisky
    DeShone Kizer

    LOL
    Hardest position in pro sports! Can't get more than about 10 guys in the whole world that are pretty good at it at an elite level.
    Just one year away... Bruno is almost here!

  16. #2453
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    7,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    weeeeeeeee're baaaaaa-aaaaaack!

    Maybe?
    Just one year away... Bruno is almost here!

  17. #2454
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    7,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Gronk got a 1 game suspension for this nonsense BS?



    Dirty ass shit, but I guess it's just Gronk being Gronk. Imagine if it was Vonatze Burfict that did this? This league can't get anything right.

    #FireGoodell
    Just one year away... Bruno is almost here!

  18. #2455
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Gronk got a 1 game suspension for this nonsense BS?



    Dirty ass shit, but I guess it's just Gronk being Gronk. Imagine if it was Vonatze Burfict that did this? This league can't get anything right.

    #FireGoodell
    Oh yeah, this is bad. Bears' LB got two games suspension back in late Sep if I remember correctly.

  19. #2456
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9,353
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This league is out of control. It seems that the players are unwilling to control their own impulses and behaviour. They actually would put one of their own in harms way. smfh. Gronk should have been thrown out right after and lost a bunch of games. He gets 1. What a f. joke. And he appeals it...hahaha. They should double it for appealing....the idiot.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

  20. #2457
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    7,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Reports are they just signed that ginger goof clown commissioner to an extension. What a soap opera...
    Just one year away... Bruno is almost here!

  21. #2458
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Reports are they just signed that ginger goof clown commissioner to an extension. What a soap opera...
    Did he get a jet for life?

  22. #2459
    Super Moderator Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Home of the 905
    Posts
    7,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Did he get a jet for life?
    lol probably...

    Actually, I think he only got a 3 year deal. He gets to move into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and use Air Force One for the following 8 years once this deal is up.
    Just one year away... Bruno is almost here!

  23. #2460
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    21,779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Damn!!

    Goodell made $212m from 2006-2015. Only two athletes earned more in that time frame. Kobe and Alex Rodriguez. (salary)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •