No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, so... 3-3 after 3. Zero red zone action. Super Bowl.
    Last edited by rocwell; Sun Feb 3, 2019, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Brady the goat. Now, retire, please.

Comment

• Super Bore. That game sucked, bigly.

Comment

• Fuck Brady, that game was all about the GOATness of Belicheck. Dude completely owned McVay. Most lob sided coaching job that I’ve ever seen.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Fuck Brady, that game was all about the GOATness of Belicheck. Dude completely owned McVay. Most lob sided coaching job that I’ve ever seen.
            wtf are you on about.
            The young guy heldhis own.

Game in a nutshell.... Rams d was good, Pats d was good, Brady made 1 play, Rams guy threw an interception.

The hype machine will make it seem like that was some great game, but it was what it was, a shit game, with one mistake by the rams guy costing them the game. Brady got a win, but he didnt win the game..... that was a Defence game, and a toss up at that. Rams 33 year old Coached matched Belichek completely.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
              wtf are you on about.
              The young guy heldhis own.

Game in a nutshell.... Rams d was good, Pats d was good, Brady made 1 play, Rams guy threw an interception.

The hype machine will make it seem like that was some great game, but it was what it was, a shit game, with one mistake by the rams guy costing them the game. Brady got a win, but he didnt win the game..... that was a Defence game, and a toss up at that. Rams 33 year old Coached matched Belichek completely.
              What game were you watching?

Patriots changed their defensive scheme from all year (man coverage base to zone) specifically for this game to disrupt the Rams offence. They also knew that the Rams like to line up early so that McVay can read the defence and coach Goff on the preread snaps up to the 15 play clock cutoff time; so they called two plays each snap, one to line up in, and one to run - specifically targeted to confuse the young QB and take McVay’s tactics out of the game.

Every snap for the Rams, it looked like the Patriots knew the play cause no one was open. Patriots came ready for the Rams while McVay couldn’t adjust his offence to attack the zone. McVay got entirely out coached. Not even close.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                What game were you watching?

Patriots changed their defensive scheme from all year (man coverage base to zone) specifically for this game to disrupt the Rams offence. They also knew that the Rams like to line up early so that McVay can read the defence and coach Goff on the preread snaps up to the 15 play clock cutoff time; so they called two plays each snap, one to line up in, and one to run - specifically targeted to confuse the young QB and take McVay’s tactics out of the game.

Every snap for the Rams, it looked like the Patriots knew the play cause no one was open. Patriots came ready for the Rams while McVay couldn’t adjust his offence to attack the zone. McVay got entirely out coached. Not even close.
                I'm pretty sure he even admitted this afterwards.

Also, I did not hear any hype machine saying this was some great game, it was an absolutely terrible watch. Not sure where you would have heard that, SJ.

Comment

• Wow, the Raiders really pulled off an amazing deal to get Antonio Brown. The Steelers really screwed up badly in the past year. How they handled both Bell and Brown is going to hang over them for years unless they hit home runs on the 3rd rounder and 5th rounder they received from the Raiders.

I mean this looks even worse when we consider the Raiders received a 1st round for Amari Cooper in October... I'm not sure I know what the Raiders are doing but this move was a large step in the right direction. If they now sign Le'Veon Bell then watch out because they also have three first rounders this year and two next year.

Net for the 3 major Raiders trades.

Raiders give up:

Khalil Mack
                  Amari Cooper
                  2019 3rd round
                  2019 5th round
                  2020 2nd round
                  2020 6th round

In exchange for:

Antonio Brown
                  2019 1st round
                  2019 1st round
                  2020 1st round
                  2020 2nd round
                  2020 5th round
                  https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/...19447954763776

Comment

• Damn, and the Steelers have $21M in dead money against the cap this year. They're due for a step back I think.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Damn, and the Steelers have $21M in dead money against the cap this year. They're due for a step back I think.
                      The dead money is a real albatros .. but its just for one more year.
                      The Steelers are a system team.. That offensive line can make any running back look good...
                      As for Antonio... well he isn't going to be getting the extra second that the Steelers line bought for him to get separation and for Ben to deliver the ball.. The Oakland line is porous at best and Carr.. well.. lets just say that there are better QB's out there.It looks good on paper... we will see come November how the Raydah's are doing.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

The dead money is a real albatros .. but its just for one more year.
                        The Steelers are a system team.. That offensive line can make any running back look good...
                        As for Antonio... well he isn't going to be getting the extra second that the Steelers line bought for him to get separation and for Ben to deliver the ball.. The Oakland line is porous at best and Carr.. well.. lets just say that there are better QB's out there.It looks good on paper... we will see come November how the Raydah's are doing.
                        The way I see it the Steelers only won nine games last year. They need him more than he needs them. Let's see how Ben does without the best WR of the last decade. Let's see how the OL does opening big holes without the top WR of the last decade out there pulling coverage out of the box.

The Raiders are only getting start this off-season. They have a lot of picks, three of them first rounders. The time isn't now to place judgement on the Raiders. In fact they may finish with more wins next year than the Steelers who are bleeding talent and can't afford to replace it. Ben isn't golden boy and we'll see soon enough what he can do with limited options.

Comment

The way I see it the Steelers only won nine games last year. They need him more than he needs them. Let's see how Ben does without the best WR of the last decade. Let's see how the OL does opening big holes without the top WR of the last decade out there pulling coverage out of the box.

The Raiders are only getting start this off-season. They have a lot of picks, three of them first rounders. The time isn't now to place judgement on the Raiders. In fact they may finish with more wins next year than the Steelers who are bleeding talent and can't afford to replace it. Ben isn't golden boy and we'll see soon enough what he can do with limited options.
                          No judgement on the Raiders... Gruden has a lot of work to do there... They were horrible last year on both sides of the ball.

The Steelers without AB will be just fine. Their OLine is a machine. It will give an aging Ben enough time to find Schuster or anyone else

- TGO

Comment

• They weren't fine last season and they don't have money to try and fix things up for this season. You're pretty optimistic, are you a Steelers fan? What am I missing?

Comment

• obj to lebron town

Comment

They weren't fine last season and they don't have money to try and fix things up for this season. You're pretty optimistic, are you a Steelers fan? What am I missing?
                                No.. not a Steelers fan...I am from the clique of St. Jude.. the patron saint of lost causes

I am a Bills fan.

Pittsburgh always has a pretty good to very good OLine... They draft guys to fit that Oline system they run and it will be good again this year with Pouncey and Co. They will open holes for whoever runs the ball for them and give time to Rothlesberger.....
                                They have an above average TE
                                and while he isn't AB ..JuJu Schuster will step up...

Their division is tighter this year with the Browns actually looking good and Baltimore will scrap with the Steelers for a WC spot. Cincy still will still break hearts until they replace Andy Dalton.

Still waiting to see who the Bills pick up at 9.. Hoping its the Alabama Tackle or the Houston rush end.... They need help everywhere.........
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X