Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Yup. Goes to show the strength of character of individual teams. The Vikings more or less suspend AP for one game hoping to avoid the worst of the backlash. Then will try to trade AP and recoup value in return.

The Panthers put off deactivating Greg Hardy (who is going to trial for beating his ex-gf but was deemed guilty in July via grand jury if I'm not mistaken) until the pressure was too high and no clue how long that will hold. No idea how Goodell hasn't stepped in on this one since he was technically found guilty once already. Appeals shouldn't delay the NFL from acting (6 games as per policy).

The 49ers are continuing to play Ray MacDonald after his arrest for domestic violence (although court proceedings are still pending in this situation). But after the Aldon Smith situation last year and the 49ers public stance as zero tolerance, the whole thing smells bad.

The Ravens let the NFL take the lead and followed suit until the newest video come out and then they acted before the NFL. They are at the advantage of this situation existing mostly during the off-season but at least they showed strong conviction in releasing their star player.
    Clarification of the bold: A grand jury only indicts an individual after a prosecutor lays out the preliminary evidence he has. It is a one-sided process where witnesses are called (the defense is not invited), it is secret and provides a mandate of sorts to go to trial if the grand jury agrees. In Hardy's case he did go to full trial by a judge and was found guilty. He is currently appealing the verdict. That the Panthers should not at least suspend him until the appeal process is exhausted is a joke and perpetuated by the hypocrite commissioner Goodell's judgements in these matters.
    Last edited by Bendit; Wed Sep 17, 2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• Arizona's RB Dwyer was just arrested on charges of domestic violence and aggravated assault.

Last edited by rocwell; Wed Sep 17, 2014, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• RB Dwyer

rocwell wrote: View Post
        Arizona's RB Dwyer was just arrested on charges of domestic violence and aggravated assault.

Do you think they should just lock up all the football players who get married or have children out of wedlock, and give them salt peter and lithium, so that takes away their over aggressive tendencies.

J Winston at FSU, is trouble awaiting to explode. His career will be over by the end of this year, as he has women denigration issues, theft issues and who the heck knows what else.

His parents should sit him down, and have a good talk, or bring in Adrian Peterson to straighten him.

Comment

• Dwyer is being booked into the Maricopa County Jail on 1 count of aggravated assault causing a fracture, 1 count of aggravated assault involving a minor, 2 counts of criminal damage, 1 count of preventing the use of a phone in an emergency, and assault.
          Jeez.

Comment

• Adam Silver, better start addressing now with his basketball players and the NBAPA, so that they can be ahead of the cycle.

Comment

• We started with wife beating. Then moved to child abuse. Now Dwyer has taken it to a new level by beating his girlfriend and a 18 month old child. This is getting insane.

I do feel bad that so many players are going to get painted with the same brush by the mainstream media.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Didn't he also "prevent" her from calling 911?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Didn't he also "prevent" her from calling 911?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
                  Yup. "1 count of preventing the use of a phone in an emergency" #243

Comment

• So Hardy calls 911 saying the woman he was beating was attacking him. Dwyer tries to prevent 911 from being involved. Clearly both players are demonstrating that they were in full control of their thinking, at least enough to try and take measures to protect themselves from the police.

Sad thing is, Ray Rice is looking better all the time yet is the only one suspended.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I'm also curious to see that if a player is found to be guilty of domestic violence on more than one occasion, does the new NFL policy still count that as a first time offender? I'm sure Goodell would love to come down very hard and suspend Hardy for life (or whatever the max is).

Comment

• And here I thought there was a code among the toughest & strongest not to beat up on the physically weak (women or men or children). That we dont hear about similar physical assaults on men of similar size (other than Hernandez...but he's a psycho) shows the cowardice of these individuals. There should really be a special category of punishment for these bozos....zero tolerance. This is crazy. I'm also of the opinion that steroids (which is more rampant in the NFL than we are led to believe) is having an effect on the rage meter with these guys. Someone should do an expose on this...from the inside.

Comment

• Vikings' (not anymore ) Jerome Simpson is facing new pot charges...

LOL.

Comment

• Goodell isn't earning that $44M/year pay cheque with all this happening. They thought they were kings of the world, but all this crap is really tarnishing the league. I don't know how much people are going to actually stop watching, but the fact that there is such backlash really tells Goodell and the owners they are not Gods. I find this shit despicable, just glad my Cowboys aren't really a part of it. I l don't agree with Josh Brent getting a second chance at the league, any plain Joe would have been sentenced to real prison time. He's gonna be available after week 10 this year...

I dunno man, just Smfh at all this crap

Comment

• Looks like NFL just lost first sponsor over the issues with domestic violence.

Budweiser also issued pretty strong statement couple days ago.

Let's buy crisis communication book and send it to Goodell.

Comment

• Budweiser walked away ?

Comment

Working...
                                X