No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have not read the published report....was wondering if there was any mention of Kraft or Belichick being interviewed by Wells?

This is frat stuff really....the reason the issue is being so widely covered (even by non-sports outlets) is because people are generally are tired of being constantly lied to by people they hold/held in regard and then use legalese bs to squirm out of insulting everyone's collective intelligence.

Comment

• I haven't read the whole report but my understanding is that Troy Vincent and company interviewed the staff and not Kraft or Bellichick.

I think the reason this is being covered so widely is:
      1. The NFL has been riddled by scandal after scandal. The US is football crazed and they eat this stuff up.
      2. The Patriots have been caught cheating in past in 2007.
      3. They're the Super Bowl Champions, this incident took place in the playoffs and based on circumstantial evidence it occurred in at least two other games leading up to the Colts game. Makes you wonder how long they were doing this.
      4. Brady failed to cooperate. Mr. NFL didn't want something on that phone getting out and the league was going to take measures to ensure the investigation of his phone centred on the incident, meaning he wasn't just going to have to hand it over and be at the leagues mercy, giving up total privacy. Now, however, he is completely at the league's mercy in another way.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
        There is one way Brady didn't know: Notice something about the deflated balls. They would've been considered playable if they were ST balls.

Brady does do kicking drills sometimes. Maybe he didn't know the difference as he was comfy holding a ST ball.
        That is the biggest load of bull. The report clearly indicates, on more than occurrence, that Brady was upset regarding the inflation pressure of the balls. No way, he didn't notice that these ones were substantially below standard.

And that is also ignoring the entire Brady giving gifts to these guys angle. Don't want to paraphrase the entire story, but basically Brady never gave anything to this McNally guy, then suddenly he's giving him autographed game balls and sneakers; while busting his chops regarding footballs (which McNally's job has zero control over).
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          I have not read the published report....was wondering if there was any mention of Kraft or Belichick being interviewed by Wells?

This is frat stuff really....the reason the issue is being so widely covered (even by non-sports outlets) is because people are generally are tired of being constantly lied to by people they hold/held in regard and then use legalese bs to squirm out of insulting everyone's collective intelligence.
          Apollo wrote: View Post
          I haven't read the whole report but my understanding is that Troy Vincent and company interviewed the staff and not Kraft or Bellichick.

I think the reason this is being covered so widely is:
          1. The NFL has been riddled by scandal after scandal. The US is football crazed and they eat this stuff up.
          2. The Patriots have been caught cheating in past in 2007.
          3. They're the Super Bowl Champions, this incident took place in the playoffs and based on circumstantial evidence it occurred in at least two other games leading up to the Colts game. Makes you wonder how long they were doing this.
          4. Brady failed to cooperate. Mr. NFL didn't want something on that phone getting out and the league was going to take measures to ensure the investigation of his phone centred on the incident, meaning he wasn't just going to have to hand it over and be at the leagues mercy, giving up total privacy. Now, however, he is completely at the league's mercy in another way.
          I have read the entire report (you can basically read the first 25 pages to get the gist of it, and the other 100+ pages go into the details that support the findings in the first 25).

They provide the entire list of all people interviewed by the investigators or NFL security (either in person or by phone) at least once. Kraft is not on the list. Belicheck is. Other notables, multiple referees, Gilette Stadium game day staff, Brady & Gostowski (only players), former NFL employees, members of the Colts sidelines staff and front office (for timeline of events when ball was discovered) and (without any explanation or quotes in the document as to what the conversation was about) Ravens DC Dean Pees ans ST Coordinator Jerry Rosburg. No other teams personnel were interviewed, so not entirely sure why Ravens coaches were interviewed when the document shows times that Brady was upset with the balls inflation during a Jets game and Packers game (again, it should be noted that the staff Brady seemed to be discussing this with had zero responsibility with regards to inflating game balls).

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• From the Ed Reed retirement presser:

The biggest laughs of the day came when a reporter asked Reed who was his favorite QB to play against: "Every quarterback in Cleveland I loved. Cincinnati, too. Pittsburgh was always a tough team to play."

Comment

• Great compliment to Big Ben. The Steelers/Ravens rivalry is one of the best in the league.

Comment

• Mack, I'm surprised you're not in here boasting about the La’el Collins signing. First round talent at the cost of no draft pick and signed for less than the cost of a 1st round pick.

Comment

• #3 pick Dante Fowler tore his ACL today at Jags rookie camp. Out for season.

Feel bad for Jax. Looked to make significant improvements this offseason.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    #3 pick Dante Fowler tore his ACL today at Jags rookie camp. Out for season.

That was really unfortunate...one hr into the first session I hear. I remember they drafted a WR really high a couple of yrs. ago (forget his name) who had red flags all over him and turned out to match his reputation. What a waste and mistake on so many levels.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      That was really unfortunate...one hr into the first session I hear. I remember they drafted a WR really high a couple of yrs. ago (forget his name) who had red flags all over him and turned out to match his reputation. What a waste and mistake on so many levels.
                      Justin Blackmon.

Comment

• The sad thing there is Blackmon has immense talent but he may be never allowed to benefit from those talents due to his inability to control himself or understand authority or respect the rules or all of the above.

Same thing with Josh Gordon. Such a waste.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          #3 pick Dante Fowler tore his ACL today at Jags rookie camp. Out for season.

Really bad luck. I like what they tried to accomplish this off-season however. They added a lot of talent for Bortles. They're swinging in the right direction and may catch a few teams off guard.

It's been so long since they've been relevant. How long ago was it that Fred Taylor and Mark Brunell were in town? A really long time now.

Comment

• Terrible news about Fowler
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Mack, I'm surprised you're not in here boasting about the La’el Collins signing. First round talent at the cost of no draft pick and signed for less than the cost of a 1st round pick.

Just seeing this now!

I'm actually pretty hyped over what we were able to get early on in the draft and then signing Collins. Three first round talents with only the 27th pick? Ummmm, I'll take it! We lost a lot of players in FA, but I think most are replaceable. Two of the toughest to replace went to division foes, which gives me more reason to hate those teams(Murray to PHI and Harris to NYG). We get to see both of them twice so plenty of time for them to regret their decisions.

It seems like Jason Garrett and Stephen Jones have had a lot more say on personnel these last two off-seasons, which is what I've been looking for for oh sayyyyyyyy the last 20 years almost?? lol Jerry had his paws all over that McFadden signing though, which I think can work out great... as long as the guy stays healthy. Some reports I've read have Randle ultimately winning the starting job for this year anyways, so I'm not sure how much of a factor DMC will be anyways. I could go on for a while talking about my 'Boys, but I know you guys probably don't give a flying shit cause you'll be hearing about them all season from regular media, good OR bad. haha

The Fowler situation does suck for J'Ville... they've been pretty garb for a while now and I was kinda hoping for a little more excitement if I'm forced to watch any of their games this year. For it to happen on first day of rookie minicamp??? jayzuz that's just the worst. We all wanna see the top talents on the field competing I'm sure, so it's always disappointing to hear news like this before the season starts.

Comment

• Seriously and like the Cowboys needed anybody else for that line.

I read the Randle thing this morning too. You have four guys in camp though vying for the starter gig. In a lot of other places that equals a committee.

Apparently CJ2K let it be known he'd like to play for the Cowboys and they said no thanks. The guy should retire now because there is no other place in the NFL that I can think of besides maybe New England where you can argue there is a decent amount of PT up for grabs to someone that comes into camp and performs well. He was a speedster that liked to bounce outside. That's fine until you can't run fast anymore, then what? He's finding out. Good career for him overall though, he had one of the best single seasons of all-time and he made a ridiculous amount of money.

Comment

Working...
                                X