No announcement yet.

Everything Gridiron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cowboys will have the best line in the league but darren mcfadden will still run into their backs and tackle himself

cowboys not picking up a single RB in such a deep (rb corp) draft is baffling.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Tom Brady will miss games against the Steelers, Jagurs, Cowboys. ( And Jaguars ) cuz of suspension.
      Last edited by rocwell; Mon May 11, 2015, 05:52 PM.

Comment

• Just read about this. Here is the entire punishement:

1. Brady to serve four game suspension.
        2. Patriots forfeit 2016 first round pick.
        3. Patriots forfeit 2017 fourth round pick.
        4. Patriots fined $1.0M.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Twitter is having a meltdown about this suspension and Mr. Goodell is hearin' about Ray Rice initial suspension again!

Comment

• Felt that 4 games was likely the result and was fine with that.

Then I read Charlie Batch's comment on Twitter:
            Brady violates integrity of game, gets 4 games. T Pryor got suspended 5 NFL games for tattoos he received in college.

Oh my. This isn't going away quickly or quietly.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              Felt that 4 games was likely the result and was fine with that.

Then I read Charlie Batch's comment on Twitter:
              Brady violates integrity of game, gets 4 games. T Pryor got suspended 5 NFL games for tattoos he received in college.

Oh my. This isn't going away quickly or quietly.
              Some irony in the Pryor vs Brady cases....Pryor apparently paid for the tattoos by signing memorabilia...Brady actually provided the memorabilia AND autographs for services rendered. lol.

I trust there will be no reduction of the suspension....unless there is a videotaped confession (tearful) and implicating Belichick

Do it for the children Tom.

Comment

• Statement from Tom Brady's agent, Don Yee:
                “The discipline is ridiculous and has no legitimate basis. In my opinion, this outcome was pre-determined; there was no fairness in the Wells investigation whatsoever. There is no evidence that Tom directed footballs be set at pressures below the allowable limits. In fact, the evidence shows Tom clearly emphasized that footballs be set at pressures within the rules. Tom also cooperated with the investigation and answered every question presented to him. The Wells Report presents significant evidence, however, that the NFL lacks standards or protocols with respect to its handling of footballs prior to games; this is not the fault of Tom or the Patriots. The report also presents significant evidence the NFL participated with the Colts in some type of pre-AFC Championship Game planning regarding the footballs. This fact may raise serious questions about the integrity of the games we view on Sundays. We will appeal, and if the hearing officer is completely independent and neutral, I am very confident the Wells Report will be exposed as an incredibly frail exercise in fact-finding and logic. The NFL has a well-documented history of making poor disciplinary decisions that often are overturned when truly independent and neutral judges or arbitrators preside, and a former federal judge has found the commissioner has abused his discretion in the past, so this outcome does not surprise me. Sadly, today’s decision diminishes the NFL as it tells its fans, players and coaches that the games on the field don’t count as much as the games played on Park Avenue.”
                d

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                  d
                  This Yee guy and by extension Brady is trying to equate the NFL methodology of jurisprudence to US court/law processes. Well I cant blame him for trying to provoke a populist backlash. Somehow I think he will be restricted to the New England states at best.

Say sorry Tom....something you should have done in the first place. Coverups, the US public are well familiar with....and people like you (incl. the NFL) have been living in a bubble. Take a poll like Goodell did.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                    Some irony in the Pryor vs Brady cases....Pryor apparently paid for the tattoos by signing memorabilia...Brady actually provided the memorabilia AND autographs for services rendered. lol.

I trust there will be no reduction of the suspension....unless there is a videotaped confession (tearful) and implicating Belichick

Do it for the children Tom.
                    Well the Patriots do enjoy video taping everything after all... Its kind of their specialty.

rocwell wrote: View Post
                    d
                    Kind of hard to produce the cold hard evidence when Brady is obstructing the investigation, isn't it?

rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Twitter is having a meltdown about this suspension and Mr. Goodell is hearin' about Ray Rice initial suspension again!
                    Is there a single person left on earth now who doesn't realize the NFL got the initial Ray Rice suspension wrong? If there is then I'm sure they now know. Ray Rice is more well known for the punishment he didn't serve than for why he was famous in the first place.

Comment

• Hahaha Cheatriots! Eat shit you assholes. I hope it's upheld and he serves all 4 games. So glad the lose a 1st rounder, not some BS 7th rounder. I'm sure good old Tom will appeal the suspension and win, probably sit out 2 game. Roger probably set it up this way so that he can look like he ruled with the iron fist. GFY Patriots.

Comment

• I fear that the NFL will lower it to 2 games after appeal but if they don't, Brady's first game back is vs Colts lol.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I don't know. I mean cheating is major bad PR and this organization embarrassed the league not too long ago.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I don't know. I mean cheating is major bad PR and this organization embarrassed the league not too long ago.

I'm a pessimist when it comes to the NFL dealing with the Patriots. Can't shake it.

Comment

• One thing we no one mentioned is that this whole thing will cost Brady $2.0M.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                I'm a pessimist when it comes to the NFL dealing with the Patriots. Can't shake it.

ESPN:
                                After the NFL came down hard on the Patriots on Monday, an enraged Kraft decided this fight is not yet over. In doing so, he issued a strongly worded statement saying the NFL's punishment "far exceeded any reasonable expectation" because it was based on "circumstantial rather than hard or conclusive evidence." He also called the Wells report "one-sided" before stating, "Tom Brady has our unconditional support. Our belief in him has not wavered.”

The battle lines have been drawn.

Patriots-Steelers should be a terrific NFL kickoff game on Sept. 10, but Kraft vs. Goodell might be even more compelling. What has to have Kraft's stomach turning is that he's been one of NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's biggest supporters over the years, backing him in his toughest days on the job.

For all his efforts on Goodell's behalf, Kraft is now left with a feeling that his team didn't get a fair trial from the man he has empowered as the NFL's iron-fist ruler. Even worse for Kraft, he was part of funding the "one-sided" Wells report ($5 million is our guess on the price tag) that Goodell used as the impetus to drop the hammer on his team and further slap the "cheater" label on them.

So he'll continue the fight, his relationship with Goodell almost certainly forever changed.
                                http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...lf-of-patriots

Comment

Working...
                                X