This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balancing Out the Contracts

All of the blogs I've read about a possible Bosh to Miami sign and trade, I keep reading about a "HUGE" Trade Exception being included. If Bosh does go to Miami, his first year salary will roughly be about 17M, and all Miami can offer are Beasley(5M), Cook(3M), possibly Chalmers(850K), and James Jones? I'm really confused about this James Jones thing because his contractt isn't fully guaranteed and they have to waive him before June 30 to not fully guarantee the contract and can save them about 3M a year. Can you still trade a waived player? And how much Trade Exception or money they give to the Raptors to balance out the salaries? I checked every site that gives info about teams' trade exceptions and I saw that Miami only has about 1M TE from the Chris Quinn thing. And how is that a "HUGE" trade exception? how can they match up and balance out the salaries if Bosh goes to Miami?

Edit: They can also include Haslem in the deal by signing him and then trading him to the Raptors but it is obvious that Miami wants him back and would do everything to have him on their team for a long time, and a possible Jermaine O'neal going back to the Raptors scares me.
    Last edited by IceeeD; Sun Jun 13, 2010, 04:11 PM.

Trade exception

The trade exception comes from them being under the cap

Comment

ya, i think you are a little confused about what a trade exception is.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=14923

this explains it nicely.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Thanks for the link LBF, that was a good read. So my question is this: Can Miami acquire Chris Bosh in a sign and trade and at the same time absorbing Hedo Turkoglu's contract?

Comment

IceeeD wrote: View Post
          Thanks for the link LBF, that was a good read. So my question is this: Can Miami acquire Chris Bosh in a sign and trade and at the same time absorbing Hedo Turkoglu's contract?
          I believe they have enough cap room. They may need to throw a little salary back, but not much. I doubt they'd take Turkoglu back, though. I guess you never know, though.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
          X