This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith: “It’s too quiet, he’s got to have something going on.”

Hmmm ... the calm before the storm perhaps?

My Spidey sense is tingling folks, it’s tingling a lot.

I don’t know precisely why – that’s the thing about Spidey Senses – but there’s just a feeling that something’s going to happen over the next 10 days to shake up this basketball team I cover.

Just from conversations I had in Boston and with a couple of other sources throughout the league, the over-riding sense is that Bryan is going to try to do something of significance before the draft and there is precedent for it.

I remember the night two years ago almost to the day – it was the Saturday of what’s become almost the annual free agent camp here – that a guy whispered to me that Jermaine O’Neal was probably going to be a Raptor and that it was all coming down around the draft.

Armed with the 13th pick and a whole bunch of players of varying degree of talent and contractual obligation to dangle, the chatter is that the president and GM of the Heroes Of The Hardcourt has something up his sleeve as one conversationalist put it yesterday:

“It’s too quiet, he’s got to have something going on.”

The thing about Bryan’s job this time around is that he’s got a lot of disparate parts to move in trades, which would make it easier to make a move, wouldn’t it? He’s got Hedo -- bad contract but, trust me, a guy whose reputation around the league is better than it is here)

He’s got Jarrett – good contract, coming off a so-so year.

He’s got Jose – not-so-good contract but, again, trust me, a guy whose reputation around the league is better than it is here.

He’s also got the No. 13 pick, which isn’t particularly coveted but which could definitely be in play in some package.

Now, I could be entirely wrong about this – not that that’s ever happened before – but all signs point to some kind of transaction coming down the pike before the draft.

Guess I’ve got some stuff to do once I get back around the lads for the workouts today and Thursday.
    Source - Click here

Something is going on. Raptors are looking at and evaluating one or more possible draft picks. Beyond that it is just fantasy in Raptors land
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I wonder if its going to be another "WTF did you do that for BC!?"

When you are in a desperate position, other teams will smell it.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        Something is going on. Raptors are looking at and evaluating one or more possible draft picks. Beyond that it is just fantasy in Raptors land
        wow, you got the insidescoop now buddha? hehe

Comment

yeah ive alsoo heard from sources that the Raptors are being very agressive right now with trade talks (calling every team trying to unload turkoglu) and trying to convince teams that calderon's offense far outweighs his defence. Trying to buy a pick in the late 1st round and there should be a trade in the next 2 weeks.. cmon everyone knew about a month ago that a toronto trade was going down before the draft thanks for the update. Tell me something i dont know like what teams are stupid enough to be talking back. One things for sure this is definately gonna be a three team or more cuz i dont think any team is stupid enough to swap players with us straight up.

Comment

Working...
          X