4-way Trade Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-way Trade Idea

This idea came to me as I was thinking about the various trade rumors that are circulating, which I just sort of mashed altogether... obviously these huge trades are unlikely, but I think it has some potential. I am assuming this trade would be done to keep Bosh in Toronto.

To SACRAMENTO:
    - Hedo Turkoglu
    - $2M trade exception (from New Orleans)

To NEW ORLEANS:
    - Jarrett Jack
    - Jason Thompson OR Spencer Hawes
    - Marcus Banks (expiring contract)

To PHILADEPHIA:
    - Emeka Okafor
    - Jose Calderon
    - Amir Johnson
    - Reggie Evans (expiring contract)
    - #13 pick (from Toronto)

To TORONTO:
    - Darren Collion
    - Andre Iguodala
    - Andres Nocioni
    - Elton Brand

TORONTO'S LINEUP
    C: Bargnani / ???
    PF: Bosh / Brand
    SF: Nocioni / DeRozan
    SG: Iguodala / Weems / Belinelli
    PG: Collison / ???

* I would assume that Toronto would buy another 1st round pick and use it to draft either a PG or C to fill one of the backup spots, then use the MLE to fill the other.

---

*** OPTION #2
    - Jack & DeRozan to Philly instead of Calderon
    - possibly Belinelli to NO instead of Jack (Beli is not required to match salaries)
    - Evans could also be switched to NO from Philly, to get more immediate savings for Philly
    - trade Calderon separately, perhaps to Detroit for Prince

TORONTO'S LINEUP
    C: Bargnani / ???
    PF: Bosh / Brand
    SF: Prince / Nocioni
    SG: Iguodala / Weems / Belinelli (unless traded to NO)
    PG: Collison / ???
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jun 15, 2010, 12:19 PM.

Sorry, but thats very one sided. Where does Prince come from? Philly gets rid of Iggy and Brand just to take on the contract of Okafor? Way to complicated and to onesided to make it happen

Comment

jjiio wrote: View Post
      Sorry, but thats very one sided. Where does Prince come from? Philly gets rid of Iggy and Brand just to take on the contract of Okafor? Way to complicated and to onesided to make it happen
      Okafor may be signed for 1 year more than Brand, but is making significantly less money per season and over the course of the entire contract. Iggy is also making over $12M per season, and my "Option #2" would have him replaced by DeRozan ($2.5M), Jack ($5M), Johnson (likely around $5M) and the #13 pick... how is that one-sided in the Raptors' favour? Philly replaces Brand with Johnson (PF), Iggy with DeRozan (SG/SF) and upgrades starting PG (Jack) and starting C (Okafor), as well as getting the #13 pick to go along with the #2 pick they already have... I think that would be very significant instant rebuilding with young talent and picks!

As for Prince, I suggested trading Calderon for him as a possibility, given the reports that Detroit has coveted Calderon in the past and that they would like to unload Prince. I think Calderon would fit well in Detroit with Stuckey, who is more of a shoot-first combo guard. Salaries would match too.
      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jun 15, 2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

horrible trade for the raptors - you have your best two playes at the same position (Bosh and Brand). And with the three B's (Bosh, Brand and Bargnani) you only have 1/2 a defender.

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
          horrible trade for the raptors - you have your best two playes at the same position (Bosh and Brand). And with the three B's (Bosh, Brand and Bargnani) you only have 1/2 a defender.
          You're saying that Brand is a better player than Iguodala, Collison, Bargnani and Prince? Sorry, we severely disagree if that is your opinion. I think Brand would be a solid (if overpaid) backup, with the potential to turn into a decent trade asset if his health & play can return to form, or at the very least as an expiring contract in 3 years. I would take him on just to get Iguodala (and Collison in my trade scenario), which should hopefully also result in Bosh staying.

Comment

Come on. Philly never would agree to this deal. At the 4 they want to play Thad Young so they don't need Amir, at the 1&2 they still have Williams, Holiday and Turner so there is no space for Jose/Jack, DeRozan AND the #13 Pick. The idea of having Dalembert and Okafor playing on the same team, maybe at the same time has to be a horror to every coach.
            Last edited by jjiio; Tue Jun 15, 2010, 01:19 PM.

Comment

jjiio wrote: View Post
              Come on. Philly never would agree to this deal. At the 4 they want to play Thad Young so they don't need Amir, at the 1&2 they still have Williams, Holiday and Turner so there is no space for Jose/Jack, DeRozan AND the #13 Pick. The idea of having Dalembert and Okafor playing on the same team, maybe at the same time has to be a horror to every coach.
              You make valid points, but you can't look at one trade in a vacuum, as one move leads to other moves. First, Dalembert is a $10M expiring contract that I bet Philly could move, especially if they were to package him with Willams. Second, from what I have read, Young would only be moved to PF if Philly kept Iguodala (SF) and drafted Turner (SG), so with Iguodala being traded I would imagine Young would play SF with Johnson at PF. Third, I'm not sold on Holiday as a starting PG and Jack would give him somebody to learn from (or, in my scenario, Jack could go to NO with Evans and/or Banks going to Philly as an expiring contract, if they prefer to start Holiday at PG and get more cost savings beyond next season). DeRozan would give them depth at SF/SG and the #13 pick would likely net them a solid PF project to partner with Johnson.
              Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jun 15, 2010, 01:33 PM.

Comment

too many things going on.

to make things short
                option 1
                brand will not play backup to bosh. also, i dont think the raps want to take in a bloated contract to play him 10mins off the bench. if you play him and bosh together, then we're gonna be in big trouble.
                philly will definitely not take okafor, calderon and johnson. theyre on a youth movement, they have the possibility of drafting a young guard/forward, why would they take in calderon? as a mentor? he doesnt have the factors to be a mentor.

option 2
                detroit already has stuckey and bynum, why would they need calderon
                Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Tue Jun 15, 2010, 01:51 PM.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                  too many things going on.
                  Sorry about that, I wanted to throw out the rough framework of the trade idea to get discussion going. The more I think about it, Calderon would be saved for a separate deal and DeRozan would have to be part of Philly's package. Jack/Evans/Banks can be spread out between Philly & NO, with at least 1 player going to each team, depending on which team wants talent (Jack) and/or expiring contracts (Evans/Banks). Belinelli could be included if any of the 3 teams wanted him, but likely he wouldn't be part of the deal either.

SAC - Turk & $2M trade exception
                  NO - Thompson/Hawes & Jack & Evans
                  PHI - Okafor & Johnson & DeRozan & Banks & #13 pick
                  TOR - Iguodala & Collison & Nocioni & Brand

Comment

hahaha no worries fan.

im not too keen on trading derozan, i mean the guy has serious hops and not sure if you guys noticed last season, he was very confident on his ability to drive so he mostly settled for jumpshots, which is bad for last season, but good for the long run.

not sure if anybody saw that one particular nba top ten where the guy mentions he's giving derozan a lifetime pass to the top ten because he's always there. when was the last time you saw a raptor on the highlights? that right, VC. im not saying keeping him because he can dunk and do crazy things, but he's in the highlights because he can do stuff that most players cant do. gerald green (as soembody mentioned in one of the threads before) has serious hops too, but he was never in highlights because he didnt play much. but derozan did. and that means something. i think its waaaaaaayyyyy tooooo early to give up on DD. his jumpshot is getting better, he's quick, has hops and can chase down players. he needs a little bit of pushing and guidance. and needs to bulk up.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                      im not too keen on trading derozan.

Neither am I, which is why I didn't include him in my original variation of the trade idea... but as was pointed out, you have to look at it through the eyes of each team and honestly ask yourself if you'd do the trade and I didn't think Philly would without DeRozan being included. I am a big fan of DD, but to get Iguodala & Collison and likely keep Bosh??? I think I'd make the trade
                      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jun 15, 2010, 02:25 PM.

Comment

if its possible, then yeah.

Comment

Working...
                        X