This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Interested in Ebanks

Don't know much about this kid, but if Colangelo is able to acquire a second 1st rounder we might be looking at taking Ebanks.

Courtesy of NBA Draft.net:

Bradley is one of a few players the Raptors are considering here. Bradley could team with Derozan in an extremely dynamic backcourt. A dark horse for this pick is Devin Ebanks who the team worked out and remains very high on. 13 however seems too high. The team is also looking to add a pick around 20 with him likely as one of their targets.
    Source - Click here

13 is way too high for ebanks hes 2 skinny, cant handle, cant shoot, cant pass hasnt made any progress from freshman to sophomore. Plus he punched one of his teammates in the face and hurt his hand which caused him to miss games, he got expelled from high school at one point so hes probly not good to have in the locker room. He is not efficient on offense at all and really isnt that expolsive of an athlete not like Rudy Gay not even close. I think the raptors should take a pass on Ebanks.

Comment

Lots of character and offense questionmarks, no question. But I love his defensive game from what WVU games I saw, and could see him being an excellent defensive role-player at the NBA level. I wouldn't mind seeing the Raptors take him if they picked up a second draft pick. Definitely not at 13, though: you need to shoot higher than a role-player with a lottery pick.

Comment

All that you've mentioned, I'm sure, has been known by BC. So, if they're high on him, maybe it's for a good reason. But, I don't wanna waste a pick on a mediocre player, at all. Tired of settling for half-ass. Go big or don't go at all, IMO.
        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

FromTOtoVAN wrote: View Post
          13 is way too high for ebanks hes 2 skinny, cant handle, cant shoot, cant pass hasnt made any progress from freshman to sophomore. Plus he punched one of his teammates in the face and hurt his hand which caused him to miss games, he got expelled from high school at one point so hes probly not good to have in the locker room. He is not efficient on offense at all and really isnt that expolsive of an athlete not like Rudy Gay not even close. I think the raptors should take a pass on Ebanks.
          Couple scouting reports:
          Strengths: Long and lean small forward possessing a 'smooth' game ... His wingspan is incredible and he seemingly gets his paws on every ball ... Prolific rebounder (8.5 RPG). Particularly innate offensive rebounder (3 per game) ... Grabs boards outside of his area. Quick off his feet and anticipates caroms extremely well. Breaks for the ball before anyone else on the court ... High percentage shooter, rarely takes a bad shot (47%) ... Very soft touch around the basket. Crafty with a variety of release points ... Knows how to get shots off in the paint ... Exhibits excellent body control ... Shows promise with his mid-range jumper ... Gets good elevation and has picturesque shooting mechanics ... Appears comfortable at the free throw stripe where he shoots 74% ... Will occasionally take his game into the post and shoot over smaller defenders ... Thrives in transition as he runs the floor very well and takes long, loping strides ... Makes smart decisions with the ball in his hands ... Good passer averaging 2.7 assists per game ... Has the ability to see over the defense and find cutters ... Versatile defender with the ability to guard multiple positions ... Often matches up with the opponent's top perimeter threat ... Moves his feet pretty well for 6-9, and his length can bail him out if he's beaten off the bounce ... Long arms and quick hands net him a steal per contest ... Has a fire in his eyes at the defensive side, something very rare.
          Strengths: An offensive minded wing with good scoring ability … At 6'8," gets a lot of elevation on his jumpshot and boasts a nice looking stroke with a high release point … Very tough for defenders to check or block his shot … Has a lot of potential because of his length and coordination … Should be able to "put it all together" when he adds strength and better balance … Takes and makes difficult shots … Nice arc and form on his shot … Capable of handling the ball to an extent and should be able to improve his ability to create shots and get to the rim… His game is tailor-made to play the role of a scorer … His huge wingspan enhances his athleticism making up for decent but not extraordinary leaping ability …
          Source: NBAdraft.net
          Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jun 15, 2010, 07:24 PM.

Comment

FromTOtoVAN wrote: View Post
            Wow. You just got owned by apollo.
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
            X