This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Insider: "Bosh Can't Be a No. 1 Guy"

Can't post the entire article from Tom Haberstroh at ESPN, but here's a little blurb.

"Bosh can't be a No. 1 guy," one league executive warns. "If a team's going to be good, Bosh has to be two and a best-case three. I don't see Bosh as a carry-the-mail kind of player. But I don't think any of the power forward free agents are either."

Teams will pay him to raise a championship banner and that will only happen if Bosh has other elite shot-creators that he can complement.

Bosh's stint in Toronto gives his prospective suitors a blueprint to avoid. As a No. 1 option lacking both a premiere point guard and a defensive cog in the middle, Bosh never had the tools to lead the Raptors past the postseason fringe. Boozer and Stoudemire have each enjoyed the luxury of playing co-pilot with a Hall of Fame-caliber point guard, but Bosh has yet to experience the benefits of teaming up with an elite playmaker.

"If Bosh played with Steve Nash, I'd probably feel completely different about him," said one league executive. "He needs a guy to put him in the best possible situation to succeed."
    Little slight towards our PG's perhaps? Referring to the Nash comment.

Overall, Tom feels Bosh is worth a max contract and will likely get a max contract. He thinks the "good fits" are the Bulls, Rockets and Heat. And the "less than ideal" teams being us, Knicks, Clippers and Wizards.

For you ESPN Insider's, here the link: Click here

This explanation above supports my thesis that the Raptors should do whatever they have to short of doing a S&T of Johnson to acquire CP3.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      This explanation above supports my thesis that the Raptors should do whatever they have to short of doing a S&T of Johnson to acquire CP3.
      Yeah I don't really see the hornets giving up the best pg in the league (when healthy) for spare parts.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        I heard Amir Johnson can walk on water and can also turn it to wine when the party is getting dry.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          I heard Amir Johnson can walk on water and can also turn it to wine when the party is getting dry.
          hahaha dont get all sarcastic on buddha, he'll get mad!

btw, did you guys ban that guy who kept posting nonsense and was just swearing all the time?

Comment

There was a person, not too long ago, who was banned for doing a lot more than just swearing and talking nonsense.

Back on topic, why do we all need to assume Bosh has to be the primary option for the Raptors from now till eternity? I mean seriously, they could hit a home run in the draft or land gem of a prospect who breaks out. Heck, DeRozan or one of the other young guys now still has potential to knock the taste out of our mouth... Let's not rule anything out, those kid work hard. As hard as Bosh does. They should focus on trying to keep Bosh and then look to bring in the best players they can. Letting Bosh go places them in a situation where they still have to find the best players they can, only they're minus the best PF in the league.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              There was a person, not too long ago, who was banned for doing a lot more than just swearing and talking nonsense.

Back on topic, why do we all need to assume Bosh has to be the primary option for the Raptors from now till eternity? I mean seriously, they could hit a home run in the draft or land gem of a prospect who breaks out. Heck, DeRozan or one of the other young guys now still has potential to knock the taste out of our mouth... Let's not rule anything out, those kid work hard. As hard as Bosh does. They should focus on trying to keep Bosh and then look to bring in the best players they can. Letting Bosh go places them in a situation where they still have to find the best players they can, only they're minus the best PF in the league.
              I see your point, but what about the fact that Bosh himself has stated publicly he wants to be the #1 guy no matter where he lands. With that attitude how can the team implement a new strategy?

Comment

They don't need to do so right now. Cross that bridge when you come to it. Let's face it, Bosh is a big man and it's not like he can create offense for others. The Raptors are far more likely to hit a home run at the 1, 2 or 3 than they are at the 5. Chances are that homerun, if it happens, will be able to handle the ball and create on offense. That only plays to Bosh's advantage. He get's as many shot, he gets easier shots and his ball handling time doesn't really go down as he doesn't dominate it now as it is. When he says "#1 option" it's different than if we were talking about a wing or PG, there's still going to be enough ball to go around for a spectacular PG or wing. Bosh won't even realize or care if he's #2 if that were to happen.

Comment

I got to agree with Apollo on this one, if Bosh stays he can be number one and we can still have an elite point guard beside him (hint hint, Collison).
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

"If a team's going to be good, Bosh has to be two and a best-case three."

Hold on a second. Best case three!?
                    On the all-star team maybe. I don't think this "league source" has given CB enough credit. I think thats a slap in the face to him and the raps. To me, that comment kinda devalues what that source has to say.

Comment

Working...
                    X