Wright Rips Into Raptors For Lack Of Focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wright Rips Into Raptors For Lack Of Focus

Hmmm ... this was a quote courtesy of Feschuk after Wednesday's massacre to the hands of the Bobcats. I wonder what Wright said after last night's embarrassment.

Anyhow, Wright is absolutely right. Someone needs to step up and be a leader on this team. Vocal and let their presence be heard and seen on the court. Its sad how we don't have that and no one seems all that eager to step up. Perhaps Wright is now taking it upon himself to be that guy.

Raptors guard/forward Antoine Wright suggested that his teammates change their approach heading into Friday night's game against the Celtics.

Wright enlisted star Chris Bosh to help change the team's attitude after a 35-point loss to Charlotte earlier in the week.

He told Bosh, " 'Hey, you've got guys in here eating popcorn, joking around before the game. And we go out there and lose by 40. It's a direct result of what's going on before the game. Guys not coming in with the right mind frame.' "

Bosh agreed with Wright's assessment.

"Guys get ready in their own way, but I think as a team we could do a lot to get better focused," Bosh said. "Just staying on each other and making sure we're ready to play. It's something we'll talk about."
    Source - Click here

To start BOSH had better find his focus!

If he is going to play like he did last night, it's time for a change!
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Sorry, I also meant to post Wright's comments from last night too in Boston.

"You have to look yourself in the mirror and take that challenge because it's a basketball game. Nobody's fighting anybody. We've got guys standing over our best player, flexing, it's not something we can stand for.
      I was pretty frustrated sitting on the bench and watching their whole team run out there on the team and we only have our coaches up shouting and screaming at their players.
      "I don't like that. (It's) something that's kind of been accepted around here. But I'm going to say something to the guys. It's something that we can't go for.
      "We're going to have to come together, or teams are going to just run us over like this.
      "We have to say enough is enough."
      Source - Click here to watch video

Comment

All talk and no action, that's Antoine Wright.
        Last edited by Dave; Sat Nov 28, 2009, 11:03 PM.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
          All talk and no action, that's Antoine Wright.
          exactly like bosh....except wright is playing hurt....and he had only 10mins against bobcats and 11mins against boston....the whole team is built around bosh, hes our supposed "leader", hes suppose to stand up for his teammates...i wanted to hear this from him....not wright....

our team is bunch of jump shooting pussies with no balls or heart...wright is trying to change that....so give the guy a break....
          Last edited by A00715890; Sun Nov 29, 2009, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X