Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the Cavs Entice the Raptors With This Deal?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could the Cavs Entice the Raptors With This Deal?

Jamison, Williams and Hickson for Bosh & Jose?

Would ya?

As per Hoopsworld:

The Raptors are exactly where the Cavs don't want to be as they pretty much have come to terms with the fact that they will not be keeping one of the league's premier power forwards in Bosh. Bosh has given Toronto his all these past seven years, but it hasn't been anywhere near close enough and he's ready to contend for a championship.

While ready to move on from Toronto, Bosh appears to be willing to help them on his way out. Rather than just signing with a team outright he's said to be very interested in a sign-and-trade deal that would give him more money and the Raptors some talent in return. Cleveland was not a part of his list that he reportedly gave to Raptor management earlier in the summer as preferred destinations, but he certainly wouldn't mind being there if it meant playing with LeBron James.

The Cavs happen to have a very attractive package to entice the Raptors with. They could package up Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison, and J.J. Hickson for Jose Calderon and Chris Bosh, which would be a hard deal for anyone else in the league to top. Two All-Star caliber players and a promising prospect is a very nice consolation prize for losing Bosh, especially considering that the Los Angeles Lakers are highly unlikely to put Andrew Bynum on the table after winning consecutive championships.
    Source - Click here

i do like that deal alot. but,i mean we should get the cavs to help us to find a suitor for turkoglu before we pounce on a deal. i have a feeling we can get rid of turkoglu and calderon if were sending away bosh.

with the cavs help we should be able to find a suitor for turk and then that gives us a chance to rebuild properly. you get the right mix of vets and young guys and we have oruselves a team.

out:bosh,evans,turk,calderon, maybe some other guys

in:jamison,hickson,13th pick,possibly 20th pick, williams, w/e we get from turkoglu.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

MY first reaction when I read this was why are they talking to the Raptors! We dont hold cards, go speak with Bosh, he is the one in charge of his own destiny.
      On the merits of the trade I would like to swap one of the 2 power forwards with Anderson Varigao, and frankly I dont care if its Jamison or hickson we are getting, but we should be getting a premier rebounder and defender in return and that is Varigao.

Comment

I would rather have a center and a PF in the deal rather than 2 PFs because I think Bargnani should be given back his original PF where he would be much more effective...

So, I would rather take Anderson Varejao than Antawn Jamison who is way past his prime...

Comment

Calling Mo Williams and Antwan Jamison all star caliber player's is like saying Turk and Bargs are high focused energy guys who always leave it on the floor.

I would personally drive Bosh down to Miami, lend him all my money and sign up to his new Heat twitter account before I signed off on re-stacking the Cav's, taking back thier playoff goats and have the raptors mimic what the Cav's will look like when Bron leaves.

Hands down, its the worst S&T deal I have ever heard of.

Comment

They got Parker, Moon and now they watch Bosh and Caldy...I guess they really want to be like us.

Comment

This trade proposal is nothing new and Cavs basically merged two previously talked trade into one.

Mo Williams and Calderon has been discussed here to death. it is a very lateral move with no real benefit for Raptors. Mo is better in some aspects of the game while Calderon is Superior in some others. So this will lead us with the following:

Hickson and Jamison for Bosh

Again, nothing there that makes me want to do this trade. I actually think this is one of the worst offer that we can take. Jamison is passed his prime and he has shown he can not be a big force in this league and is not a winner. All he can do is keep us mediocre and tie us down for next few years.

Hickson: Wasn't he a 2nd round pick ? He did have some promising moments but that was playing with James while he is wide open under the basket and the getting dunk passes from Lebron.

At Best he is like Amir Johnson and we already have Amir.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                Calling Mo Williams and Antwan Jamison all star caliber player's is like saying Turk and Bargs are high focused energy guys who always leave it on the floor.

I would personally drive Bosh down to Miami, lend him all my money and sign up to his new Heat twitter account before I signed off on re-stacking the Cav's, taking back thier playoff goats and have the raptors mimic what the Cav's will look like when Bron leaves.

Hands down, its the worst S&T deal I have ever heard of.
                Thank you.

Is there anyway we can package all the fans who actually don't think this is a horrible deal for the Raptors and send them to wherever Bosh goes? Everyone is, of course, aware that Jamison is 34 years old and never played defense much in the first place? Plus, he's still owed nearly $30 million over the next two years. And Mo Williams isn't even an upgrade over Calderon but at least Calderon knows how to run an offense.

playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
                ... I think Bargnani should be given back his original PF where he would be much more effective....
                STOP SAYING THIS!!!!!

No one has ever successfully argued this fact and his original position is not PF.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post

STOP SAYING THIS!!!!!

No one has ever successfully argued this fact and his original position is not PF.
                  Have you ever considered you could be wrong? A lot of people seem to disagree with you and there is a lot of good reasoning behind it.

This Sign and trade is a terrible idea for the Raptors and should only be considered if Bosh comes in and tells us he is going to Cleveland one way or another, and I would rather he walked than take back a useless piece like Jamison.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                    Have you ever considered you could be wrong? A lot of people seem to disagree with you and there is a lot of good reasoning behind it.
                    If I hear even one good argument on the other side, I might consider I might be wrong. So far, I haven't heard one good argument in support of the argument that Bargnani would play better at PF. Not one.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

thomas1 wrote: View Post
                      MY first reaction when I read this was why are they talking to the Raptors! We dont hold cards, go speak with Bosh, he is the one in charge of his own destiny.
                      Because even if Bosh wanted to play for the Cavs, tough titties without working something out with Toronto? Unless you think Bosh is willing to sign for just the MLE with Cleveland.

Comment

The Cavs happen to have a very attractive package to entice the Raptors with. They could package up Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison, and J.J. Hickson for Jose Calderon and Chris Bosh, which would be a hard deal for anyone else in the league to top.
                        In what world is that an attractive package? Terrible trade.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Emphatic NO to this trade proposal

this trade proposal surely fits into category of non feasible ones, for a number of reasons.
                          1. Raptors would lose 2 core components of the team, while getting interesting pieces which do not serve this team's purpose. With all due respect, and I understand that affinity for certain players is a personal thing, Jamison exhausted his physical strength and spiritual momentum while playing an important, yet spare part on teams with great aspirations, but poor results. His body is injury ravaged, and he is an nba gladiator whose sunset is coming soon. I liked Mo Williams in the Bucks uniform far better than with Cavs. Compliance to the marketed vision of the Cavaliers team made him shooting guard with little to no interest to be more of a playmaker. Even worse, he adopted arrogance and sense of the entitlement you will find only on a high profile teams with championship aspirations. He is used to refereeing bias and his undeserved star status would be nothing less than detrimental for the Raptors. J. J. Hickson is the only value in this proposal, with intriguing prospects for the future. But, our home team passed on the opportunity to sigh Brandon Bass last year during the free agency, a solution which would combine qualities of both J.J. Hickson and Reggie Evans.
                          2. It is appaling how the most teams circle Raptors looking to take away the most important pieces, while offering minimal or no value. I crave for an article in published media where it would be suggested, or planted, that Raptors are offering Calderon, Turkoglu, and i.e Patrick O'Bryant for Dwayne Wade. Or similar for Derrick Rose. Or, finally, for James, as he certainly is an option in the open market. Honestly, I am tired of this body blows to the Raptors organization, media, environment, and legacy.
                          3. I would definitely counter the trading proposition to Cavaliers, and offer Reggie Evans, Turkoglu, and Marcus Banks (or a mix of those), for i.e Varejao and a spare part, under the parole that Varejao lost his oncourt time, touch, and efficiency with the arrival of Jamison and emergence of Hickson, while the addition of Turkoglu will be addition of a "finisher" they needed so much in playoffs this year.

Comment

Working...
                          X