No announcement yet.

Raptors 2010 Draft Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Lopez white? His dad was Cuban....I think he is white like Jason Kidd is white by which I mean not really white.

Defining a player by the position they are supposed to play is not good scouting. Bargs doesn't have a single discernible center skill other than being tall and look how well he does....okay bad example.

I agree that he lacks traditional point guard skills and isn't the ideal height for a SG, but as a rookie he will potentially be the teams best on the ball defender, its fastest coast to coast player and one of the top finishers at the rim and that is before Jay ' the young gun whisperer' Triano starts working on his fundamentals.

You underestimate how damaging a year under Rick Barnes was towards the kids development.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      I guess the same reason that you won't accept the fact that Bradley is too small to play SG and has no PG skills to play the point.
      I don't dislike Bradley because he's too short. Eric Gordon is of similar size and has done well as a defender and scorer for the clippers. But Bradley just seems to ball-hoggish to me, and we already have DeRozan/Weems/Belinelli at the 2. So really, we need Avery to play the one. And if he's a ball-hog, well...

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
        I don't dislike Bradley because he's too short. Eric Gordon is of similar size and has done well as a defender and scorer for the clippers. But Bradley just seems to ball-hoggish to me, and we already have DeRozan/Weems/Belinelli at the 2. So really, we need Avery to play the one. And if he's a ball-hog, well...
        Unless we draft a big and lose Bosh, I don't think we're drafting anyone to start right away. A scoring PG off the bench would be just fine, and he'll have a couple years to learn how to really play the position behind Calderon/Jack and from Triano. I just hope he doesn't end up like a Flip Murray...

Comment

RR Consensus Pick

YOU ARE BRYAN COLANGELO FOR THE NEXT TEN SECONDS, HURRY UP AND MAKE YOUR PICK!!!

I think it's fair to say that 1 through 10 is pretty much settled, in no particular order: Wall, Turner, W. Johnson, Favors, Cousins, Monroe, E. Davis, Aminu, Babbitt, Udoh.

One of Udoh or Babbitt may fall out, but probably not as far as 13.

Based on workouts, mock drafts, and my own personal opinion, I've given myself the luxury of narrowing down our selection to 5 players: Cole Aldrich, Avery Bradley, Paul George, Xavier Henry, and Patrick Patterson.

Gordon Hayward could be available, but I just don't see him as a possibility at this point. The Hassan Whiteside train also appears to be running out of steam, so no spot for him either.

Feel free to add to the list of 5, but I will disagree with you if you do. Buddahfan, Damion James is not going at 13.

Oh, and my personal pick is Mr. Aldrich.

Comment

Aldrich gives us what we need - a legit center to put next to Bargnani.

Comment

Paul George, Aldrich and Xavier Henry is my pick (this particular order)!

I don't get why people think Bradley is a good pick at 13?? Name a great PG that has the worst FT shots?? (except for Rondo)

Comment

George, Bradley, Aldrich, Henry and Patterson.

I like Patterson but worry that he'll become a less skilled David West.

Comment

George, Aldrich, Henry, Bradley, Patterson

Comment

I'm going with George, but I wouldn't hate either Aldrich or Henry.

Comment

1 - pg
                      2 - ca
                      3 - xh
                      4 - ab
                      5 - pp

Comment

They have Avery Bradley come back to town for a medical and a dinner. He didn't even step on the court, that tells you something.

Comment

I like George, Aldrich at 13, Drew Bledsoe or Alabi(if no Aldrich) later pick if they get one.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                            They have Avery Bradley come back to town for a medical and a dinner. He didn't even step on the court, that tells you something.
                            The Raptors will need a second pick to take him unless they trade down. Not very likely he will get picked before 15.

He is not in the Green Room and while it does happen that a player not in the Green room gets picked in the top 14 it is not the usual case.

We shall see.
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I merged the two 13th pick prediction threads seeing how they're pretty much the same. I'm beginning to lean more towards George based on all the love he's been getting. I still really like Bledsoe and Henry though. If you read those last two sentences ten years ago you would bet your money on it being an NFL post. The NBA needs to stop recycling NFL names.
                              Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jun 23, 2010, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                                I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that Ed Davis is going to fall down to the #13 slot. Okay, probably not, but if it happens, I'll look like a genius.
                                I just want to highlight my prediction here. I'm even more happy that he's a Raptor than the fact that I predicted it.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X