Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedo for Mike Dunleavy

Here are the details
    If BC could get the Pacers to switch picks as well (10 for 13), I'd jump on it.

Essentially the Raptors get out of Hedo's contract for a 29 year old guy with 2 less years on a similar $ value contract ($9.8MM).

BTW, Dunleavy's best year, before his injury:
    07/08: 19.1 pts/ 5.2 Reb/ 3.5 Ast shooting 48%/ 42%/ 83% and 17.3 PER

Hedo's Best Year:
    07/08: 19.5/ 5.7/ 5.0 while shooting 46%/40%/83% and 17.8 PER

Last year Dunleavy (while coming back from his scope) had a similar PER to Hedo at 13.

So, essentially you get the same player, but younger, 2 years less committed salary and infinitely better attitude.

If you're the Pacers - maybe Hedo solves their PG issue, allowing AJ Price to play his more natural shoot first game.

Thoughts?
    Sign me up!
    28.57%
    Forget it, Dunleavy's a scrub
    71.43%

Indiana is looking to cut costs not add some, I just don't see that is happening.

Comment

I like this trade suggestion. Not sure if Pacers would have any interest in it, but I am certain they are tired of Dunleavy being hurt all of the time.

I don't usually comment on fan trade scenario's but this one is actually reasonable in my opinion.

If they could swap picks it would make it a no-brainer in my eyes.

Comment

Most reports coming out of Indiana is they highly value the expiring contracts they have for the 2011 season. It is very unlikely they trade these expiring contracts for longer contracts unless they feel that the piece they're adding is truly a part of their future. And I seriously doubt they think that Hedo is a part of their future, and the contract just makes it worse.

Comment

Why swap picks? They might be willing to straight up part with the pick if the right deal were to present itself. Maybe a pair of expiring contracts would be better for them, i.e. Banks & Evans. Seriously, The Raps would be lucky to end up with that #10 -- which may put them in play for a swap with the Kings.

This trade doesn't make sense for the Raptors. Trade an overpaid SF for an injury-proned player?
          It's about money

Comment

I wish we could do a hedo for mike miller trade.

Comment

I perfer hedo over Mike. Sorry, Hedo is just a game changer when his heads in the game.

Comment

Dunleavy's games played since he entered the league:
                2002-03 82
                2003-04 75
                2004-05 79
                2005-06 81
                2006-07 82
                2007-08 82
                2008-09 18
                2009-10 67
                So before his knee injury, 11 missed games in 6 seasons - hardly injury prone. Why would the Raptors want him? High Ball IQ, great size for a small forward, and great college pedigree.
                The Pacers need a facilitator for their offence, and they save about $800K next year in salary (not including the pick swap). If the Pacers would take expirings for #10, I'm all for it - I just assumed they would still want a pick. And I wouldn't be so quick to assume that they are only looking for the future, there is pressure to get to the playoffs for Indiana... Granger's not getting any younger.
                Hey, I'm not married to the idea, but it definitely gives me pause to consider.

Comment

Working...
                X