• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

philwill wrote: View Post
    Then who plays C?
    Lopez, right?

Comment

Well if this trade happens, we would have a line-up, assuming no other trades happen of,

C- Bargnani/Lopez
      PF- Stoudemire/Johnson (re-sign)/Evans
      SF- Weems
      SG-Richardson/DeRozan
      PG- Nash/Jack/Banks

Now from here I would try to sign a minum salary player for the back-up SF position. Alot of hype about Travis Outlaw so why not? What you could possibly do, is deal Banks and Evans to New Orleans in return for Posey. Im not really sure if the salaries would match up but you would have good line up of:

C- Bargnani/Lopez
      PF- Stoudemire/Johnson (re-sign)
      SF- Weems/Posey/Outlaw
      SG-Richardson/DeRozan
      PG- Nash/Jack

Now all BC would have to do is sign a few low salary players just in the event of an injury, and you have a team that could potentially compete in the East.

Comment

Yeah, now you still have terrible post-defense.
        It's about money

Comment

That's true, but I think that it won't be so bad, Bargnani has been stepping up and he's still hasn't reaches his full potential. And I actualy think, if Amare wanted to play d he could, you just have to get him into the right mindset

Comment

RAPT0RS wrote: View Post
            How about replacing Bargnani for Bosh and the 13th pick, and the Suns add Amare and Lopez?
            Wait a second, why would Bosh want to go to a rebuilding Phoenix team?! lol

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
              Why does everybody have to think like a GM? Sometimes your allowed to think like a fan, and anybody Canadian bball fan would give up any Raptor for this deal.
              Well, if you're proposing trades, then you're pretending you're a GM. And if you're a fan of Nash at all you would never want him to go to a team that had no chance at a Championship.

Vimsanity wrote: View Post
              ...actually yes. This is supposed to be a short term deal in efforts to keep Bosh in Toronto. If he stays and and we get deeper into the playoffs, there is a greater chance of good free agents being attracted once Nash's tenure is over. If we do get to steal a point guard like Avery Bradley, there is no doubt that Nash will help him develop better than Jack or Calderon ever will.
              I'm shocked at how short-sighted you guys are. You're like drug addicts, so desperate for the short high of an extended playoff run that you'd sacrifice the future of the franchise to do it. Haven't the last four years taught you anything? The point is not just to keep Bosh. The point is to surrounded him with the type of players that can grow with him and make his next ten years in Toronto successful.

And grabbing Nash is still not going to make the team a contender. It's going to give you a team whose ceiling is probably the second round. Unfortunately, it's not as if you can build on that success since Nash's window closes a little more every year. And once Nash is gone or declines, there's absolutely no reason a free agent will want to come to Toronto. Free agents want to know they will have long term success, which is why Cleveland had so much trouble signing good players last summer. Players don't care what the team did in the past. They care about what the team will do in the future.

And if you want to turn the team into a contender with Nash, that means trading the draft pick, DeRozan and Weems for veterans. You can't have both.

You guys also have to get over this belief that great players will automatically help younger players achieve their potential. They won't. Barbosa has played behind Nash for 6 years and they are even good friends off the court, but Barbosa never learned to be a PG in all that time. In fact this past season he averaged career low assists (per game and per minute). Besides, it's rare that players teach other players. That's the coaches job. And Nash or the coaches cant turn Bradley isn't a better passer or show him how to run an offense. Most of that is instinctual. It's part of fundamentals that players need to have before they reach the NBA.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Vimsanity wrote: View Post
                Wait a second, why would Bosh want to go to a rebuilding Phoenix team?! lol
                They're not really rebuilding I would say. They still have some very good pieces in Frye, Barbosa, Dudley, Hill, and a great young point guard. I do agree that Phoenix may not be the best suited place for Bosh, but I think it's still pretty appealing. Bosh would finally have a decent supporting cast with him. And who knows, Phoenix maybe able to land another super-star. Unlikely, yes. Impossible, no. But if Bosh would be willing would you accept this offer? I would.

Comment

Tim W....... you can go suck an egg!

Comment

Working...
                  X