Proposal - Hello Steve Nash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal - Hello Steve Nash?

So it seems pretty clear that the Suns are going into rebuild mode and Amar'e is on his way out. Look for Steve Nash to follow him out the door looking for a ring (not that he will necessarily get one in Toronto, but it's better than some of his other options).

http://raptorsrepublic.com/2010/06/1...t-possibility/

As a result, I have concocted this trade:
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=26ru838

So basically,
    To Phoenix:
    Bargnani
    Turkoglu
    Calderon

To Toronto:
    Nash
    Richardson

First of all this trade is going open $3 million of cap space for the Suns. They can get rid of a couple of aging vets with huge contracts and pick up a couple of play-makers along with a talented offensive minded big man who, coupled with a young Robin Lopez, can try to fill the void left by Amar'e. A point guard platoon of Dragic and Calderon would be solid, especially if Hedo and Dragic started and Calderon came of the bench. Dragic is more capable of playing off the ball than Calderon, and would allow for Hedo to get more "Ball".

The Raptors get two solid veterans who performed great last year and showed very few signs of age and could hopefully help to lure Bosh back to Toronto. The only problem would be the void left at the center. Look for the raptors to get a big man with their thirteenth pick (because Avery Bradley will probably be drafted by the Pacers) and shop Jarrett Jack and cash for an additional first round pick who would probably play the point (or vice-versa). Also expect BC to resign Amir Johnson, who will get minutes at the 4 and 5 positions. Chris Bosh will still be THE MAN.
    The lineup would look a bit like this:

C- (13th/Additional pick), Johnson
    PF- Bosh, Johnson, Evans, Dorsey
    SF- Richardson, DeRozan
    SG- Weems, Belinelli
    PG- Nash, (13th/Additional pick)

This trade also works without Turkoglu and Richardson, but with Jack instead of Calderon. The only problem is that it may seem a lot less enticing for the Suns, but that's just my opinion.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=24uqey7

Thoughts?
    Yes
    42.86%
    Yes, but only Bargnani and Jack for Nash
    0.00%
    No. You're just insane.
    57.14%

you know as much as i want nash to play for his country, it comes down to this:

steve nash is the Michael Jordan of Canada.

so, would you rather the greatest of all time a hero get rewarded by winning a ring or have him play a couple years for the raptors definitely put us in contention but prolly won't win a championship.

if i were nash i would defnitely try to go to l.a. and wina ring because there';s a strong chance they'll three-peat because that's just what they do.

then come on down and please represent your country by playiong for it's team. but, only after you win your ring.it's sad you're going to have to pull a ray borque. but, Nash as loyal as you are it's time to move on from phoenix please, please.

i'm not sure i can watch any more basketball if you at least don't get your chance.

too bad this isn't soccer or we could have both. we acquire nash he play's a bit then we loan him to a contender.
    Last edited by LBF; Mon Jun 21, 2010, 04:23 PM.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

looks good for us but I doubt Phoenix will be making this trade. Why would they take last year's worst defense?!

Comment

I just hope Nash goes to a contender. The only reason Suns want to keep him now is to develop Dragic's game more.

Comment

If Phoenix is going into rebuild mode, then Jose and Turkoglu are not pieces they are looking to acquire. They are "aging vets" just as much as Richardson and Nash are. Rebuilding generally involves picking up players around the ages of 23 and under and/or draft picks. This trade provides the Suns with neither.

Comment

That is true.
            Then what would you say about the Jack+Bargnani for Nash deal?

Comment

Nash to LA. He'd be a killer there but somehow I dont think the Suns would be thrilled to improve a western team....and LA at that.

Comment

Uhhh...

Seriously, do you think we should be trading Bargnani so soon after his best year? You're talking about a guy who has a completely reasonable contract for his efficiency and productivity, plenty of upside, and the ability to learn how to play better defense with appropriate tutelage. Not to mention, we can't really blame the guy for his lack of rebounds when he is almost always playing 3 feet from the 3 point line. He needs a bit of muscle, and a coach to kick him in the ass, but Bargnani is going to be a real player, and he's already quite capable.

I'd like to see what he could do playing in position in an offense that respects his shooting ability a bit more.

Steve Nash is excellent, but do you think the Suns are getting blown up? Lopez is just developing, they have other talent, and there are plenty of big men available right now. Why lose your mind if Stoudamire leaves? He's only 6ppg and 2rpg better than Bargnani, doesn't play defense, and is 3 years older!
                It's about money

Comment

Vimsanity wrote: View Post
                  That is true.
                  Then what would you say about the Jack+Bargnani for Nash deal?
                  Wow. You want to give up two of the Raptors best young assets for a 36 year old PG who might retire in two years. What do you do after that? Rebuild?
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I don't know why but I think keeping il mago might be for the better.

Comment

Wow are you kidding me? Steve Nash: Canadian basketball KIng. NBA PG legend. Hall of Famer. One of the most epic, dazzling, toughest, down to earth, team players to ever play the game. I am typically on the side of doing whats best for the team long term, but to see Kid Canada don a Raps jersey would be absolutely incredible, and without a question I would pull the trigger on any trade. Could you imagine Nash and Bosh? I'm sorry if your not for Nash your not a real Canadian bball fan.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        Wow. You want to give up two of the Raptors best young assets for a 36 year old PG who might retire in two years. What do you do after that? Rebuild?
                        ...actually yes. This is supposed to be a short term deal in efforts to keep Bosh in Toronto. If he stays and and we get deeper into the playoffs, there is a greater chance of good free agents being attracted once Nash's tenure is over. If we do get to steal a point guard like Avery Bradley, there is no doubt that Nash will help him develop better than Jack or Calderon ever will.

Comment

Why does everybody have to think like a GM? Sometimes your allowed to think like a fan, and anybody Canadian bball fan would give up any Raptor for this deal.

Comment

How about replacing Bargnani for Bosh and the 13th pick, and the Suns add Amare and Lopez?

Comment

RAPT0RS wrote: View Post
                              How about replacing Bargnani for Bosh and the 13th pick, and the Suns add Amare and Lopez?
                              Then who plays C?
                              It's about money

Comment

Working...
                              X