• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 NBA Draft Prospect Interview: Damion James

2010 NBA Draft Prospect Interview: Damion James
    By Mitch, TRW Staff Writer
    June 21, 2010Posted in: 2010 NBA Draft, Interviews

Damion James has two good friends who have gone through the NBA Draft process to turn to if he ever has any questions. During his four years at Texas, Damion got to see two teammates who he calls brothers go in the NBA Draft lottery, Kevin Durant and DJ Augustin. As he tells us, they helped each other through their college careers, so there’s little questions that DJ and Kevin would be quick to give Damion advice if he ever needed it...............

“People really don’t know how well I can handle the ball. I’m really not a four, I just played that at Texas you know because that’s what was best for my team because I was the best rebounder. It’s gonna be a lot easier for me now because I can play the wing which is my position. But sometimes I’m gonna have to play the four because, you know, the way the games played now smaller fours are playing a lot so that’s what makes me so valuable in this draft.”

“I really don’t know what to say about that. I just know that the team that drafts me is gonna have a player that’s ready to come in and play right away. You know, they won’t have to wait for me to develop. I’m gonna come in right away, knowing what I do and I’m gonna do it to the best of my ability. Guys with potential sometimes it might take them 2, 3, 4 years to develop. Sometimes that potential stuff might not work out so I think a team that gets me is gonna have a great competitor, a player that plays hard and knows what he’s doing.”

“Ah man. I’m just gonna let them know there ain’t no way you can’t compete with me and bring the things I bring. Really just take it personal man, and not only take it out on a player but on his team.”

(Please read the full transcript from our interview with Damion)

http://therookiewall.com/2010/06/21/.../#comment-2215
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.
Working...
X