This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iguodala Might Be a Nice Piece to Add the Raptors

Hmmm .... another stellar SG might be available by week's end.

Iguodala anyone?

The 76ers are expected to use the second overall pick on Ohio State's Evan Turner, an addition that might force them to move Andre Iguodala.

"If you take Turner, you have to do something with Iguodala," a Western Conference general manager told Philly Mag. "Turner doesn't have the athletic ability of Iguodala, but Iguodala doesn't have the feel for the game Turner does."

Another Western Conference executive used the word "redundancy" to describe the Turner-Iguodala pairing, since both players need the ball in their hands to be effective.

"There's not enough floor space for the two of them," he says.

The selection of Turner "might lead them to do commit to trading Iguodala," the executive added.

Iguodala has four years and $56.5 million left on his contract.
    Source - Click here

Iguodala has four years and $56.5 million left on his contract.
    Not nice enough for that price though.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

hmmm the only player I see that they might be interested in and that would match Iggy salary is Bargnani (thrown with another low salary player).

The question is whether it is worth it or not.

Comment

I wouldn't mind getting Iguodala, but it all depends on what for. Back before the trade deadline, I would have given up DeRozan for him. Now, priorities have changed. I'd do Bargnani and, say, Banks.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Yeah, it would all depend on what we're giving up. At this point, I wouldn't do draft picks or DeRozan. His remaining contract isn't actually that bad at all either. At least no worse than one-dimensional Kevin Martin, who a lot of people were apparently clamoring for, and Iggy only costs 1.2 to 1.8 mil more each season.

Comment

Bargnani plus contract for Iggy would be a great deal if it meant that we'd have more to offer Bosh. Otherwise, it's not a good deal b/c without keeping Bosh Iggy is a heavy contract standing in the way of the development of our young wings.

Comment

I agree.

You are, however, replacing Toronto's starting center, predicated on Bosh's willingness to stay, and also stunting the growth of Derozan and/or Weems. You're trading our best three point shooter, our best backup power forward (possibly future starter), for a slasher with marginal creating ability. If Iggy gets to the rim, I like him. When he turns into a jump shooter, I hate him.

I like Bargnani's upside too much to trade him for Iggy. Is there another deal that makes more sense for Philly? Send Evans back, along with another expiring contract and serviceable player? Ultimately, I'm not too interested.
              It's about money

Comment

nah, we don't really need him. it'd end up being a stupid trade.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Isn't Philly gonna draft Cousins now since they gave away Dalembert?

Bargs for Iggy would be a godsend. Bosh would resign and they would be an Emeka/Collison trade away from legit contending.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                    Isn't Philly gonna draft Cousins now since they gave away Dalembert?

Bargs for Iggy would be a godsend. Bosh would resign and they would be an Emeka/Collison trade away from legit contending.
                    thye are according to alot of people close to the organization. if they do the nets arer not going to let turner drop and i think they will trade him or the pick may become available if philly does draft cousins it will totally just create chaos in my opinion people will be on the phone to n.j.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      Back before the trade deadline, I would have given up DeRozan for him. Now, priorities have changed.

+1

I think at some point you have to decide to develop your team not just trade for it. I think that toronto is in a good position to develop 5-6 good young pieces this year, getting iggy probably comes at the cost of at least 1 of them. I would have done this at the trade deadline when it would have probably would've kept us in the play-offs and maybe even contend for homecourt. As of now though I think we are better off developing our young guys for a season or so, that way we'll have a core of quality players, and then go after a big piece or two. I think we've be a bit of a revolving door franchise the last few years and i think that hasn't worked.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                      X