• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucks Get Maggette For Bell and Gadzuric

Upgrade over Delfino at the SF.

Source: Bucks trade for Maggette

By Yahoo! Sports Staff 20 minutes ago

The Milwaukee Bucks have acquired Corey Maggette(notes) from the Golden State Warriors for guard Charlie Bell(notes) and center Dan Gadzuric(notes), sources confirmed to Yahoo! Sports.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel first reported the trade.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...ttebucks062210
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Does this not seem ridiculously one-sided?
    It's about money

Comment

philwill wrote: View Post
      This is a salary dump by GS.

Maggette has 3 years for about $30 million left

Gadzuric $7 for 2010-11 and his contract expires 2010-11
      Bell about $3 million a year expires 2011-12

So the Bucks get a guy they can use for another $20 million

And GS gets two warm bodies for about $13 million over the next two season and they replace Maggette $10 million a year for 3 years or $30 million with Morrow at $1 million for 2010-11.

Morrow is a pretty good scorer.
      Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Jun 22, 2010, 06:28 PM.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Watch for Hammond to continue to improve the Bucks nicely. This was a good pickup for them. This will be the first time that Maggette will be playing for a playoff type team. They gave up next to nada to get a dangerous piece who will play defence under Skiles.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          Watch for Hammond to continue to improve the Bucks nicely. This was a good pickup for them. This will be the first time that Maggette will be playing for a playoff type team. They gave up next to nada to get a dangerous piece who will play defence under Skiles.
          Hammond was the brains behind the Pistons playoffs teams not Dumars.

Comment

Like Buddahfan said, cash dump. They regretted signing Maggette before his first season was out. This trade was a long time in the making.

Comment

I wonder in BC offered Banks and Evans? Magettee would have been a nice pickup.

Comment

Magette & Skiles

Scott Skiles will find out soon that Magette doesn't play a lick of defense .I'm sure Corey will get benched sometime during the season for not playin D. Magette would have been a perfect fit for the "NO D" Raps.

Comment

the way delfino played this past season and the way maggette seems he's not an upgrade over delfino. delfino is underated as we have learned.
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Maggette still scores enormously (20 and 5), which is a major improvement over Delfino.

I was under the impression that Bell was making closer to 8m, I misread the ESPN note.
                    It's about money

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      If Maggette has not played defense in years in the league. There's no reason to think he's going to suddenly start now. Not playing defense has become an engrained habit with Maggette. It's unlikely he's going to unlearn the habits he's learned over the last ten years. That's why players who play for bad teams generally stay on bad teams and visa versa. I used to like Maggette, but too many years of losing have taken their toll on him.

As for the trade being one-sided, it all depends on how you look at it. Maggette certainly wasn't helping the Warriors win. They're far too stocked at his position and losing him might actually help the team in the short term and long term.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Who cares? They've got M'bah Amoute, Delfino (who could play SG) and even Bogut for defense.

I haven't paid any attention to Jennings' D, how is it?
                        It's about money

Comment

Maggette still scores enormously (20 and 5), which is a major improvement over Delfino.

I was under the impression that Bell was making closer to 8m, I misread the ESPN note.
                          Maggette is a better scorer than Delfino. No one denies that. That doesn't mean he's a better player than him.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

This is to replace John Salmons who they are not re-signing. I'd say its an upgrade especially now that they got Douglas-Roberts for next to nothing.
                            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Working...
                            X