Proposal - Chris Paul to Toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal - Chris Paul to Toronto?

Insiders close to the Hornets franchise deny any rumors that they are shopping their superstar point gaurd chris Paul. That being said the small market hornets have a ridiculous payroll and need to cut salary for the upcoming season. Also when dealing arguably the best player your team has ever had, if your name isn't Rob Babcock you will probably hold your cards close and deny deny deny any such rumors.

There would undoubtedly be many suiters for the services of Paul but the raps could put together a package of expiring contracts, young assets and draft picks which could be attractive. Here's the proposal....

To the Hornets

Andrea Bargnani
    Jarett Jack
    Demar Derozan
    Marcus Banks
    Reggie Evans
    Marco Bellinelli
    2010 13th overall pick
    2012 unprotected 1st round pick

To the Raptors

Chris Paul
    James Posey
    Emeka Okafor

The hornets are able to obtain 3 nice young assets in Bargs, Jack and DD. Also they will receive around eleven million in expiring deals while getting out of the horrible Okefor contract and rid themselves of Posey one year early. Add in the 2 first round picks and that may just be the icing on the cake.

Is there any way this deal or a similar transaction could be done before the draft? I think this would be a hell of an attempt to keep bosh around and it's one of those rare deals where both teams could be winners.

It's pretty crazy, but it just might work... trade Turk for something useful (I'll assume Diaw), trade Calderon for a pair of vets (maybe Gibson and West)...

Starters: Okafor, Bosh, Diaw, Weems, Paul
    Bench: Posey, Amir, West, Gibson

Not too shabby eh? haha obviously just wishful thinking but it would be pretty awesome...

Comment

I like this trade because it actually makes sense, and because I really really want to believe any rumor in which the Raps get the best pg in the game.

Comment

I don't want to give up AB or DD seeing their progress and getting Okafor (I don't like him) and Posey (useless in my opinion)... I don't want the Raptors to become 2011 version of New Orleans Hornets... even if Bosh stays

I would rather be interested in giving our young roster time to develop...

Comment

^^ I agree. We need to keep the image that we're building with the Young Gunnz. Notice THIS is the only year that we had our own player to player intro shake? The hand claps they do, along with Bosh, have helped to produce a bond between the players and gave us a swag. Why? In my opinion, it's been the youngest team we've had in awhile and they bring a new swag to our team. Cap it off with this new athleticism we're building on, we need to keep our team sort of intact and tweek it here and there...we'll be good, still. Not expecting a Finals team but a team CLEARLY on the road to be. Not to mention the crazy-ass crowd we have mixed with exciting gameplays and highlight reels? Oooowwweeee!!!! BC can't mess this up.
          The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
          Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
          www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
          http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
          http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
            I don't want to give up AB or DD seeing their progress and getting Okafor (I don't like him) and Posey (useless in my opinion)... I don't want the Raptors to become 2011 version of New Orleans Hornets... even if Bosh stays

I would rather be interested in giving our young roster time to develop...
            Normally i would agree with you, (i'd pass on iggy) however, I think that the "2011 version of the New Orleans Hornets" in the East would at least make the playoffs. "IF" you could get bosh to say "you get CP3 and i'll resign" then i say pull the trigger. Not only do you now have a play-off team but you automatically become way more attractive to other players around the league.
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Any trade that brings Chris Paul is fine by me. He is a once in a life time talent and a Bosh/Pau tandem would be among the best in history. I can just see the pick and roles now....
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

What good is it when they collapse the paint and we have no good shooters to take advantage..?

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                  Any trade that brings Chris Paul is fine by me. He is a once in a life time talent and a Bosh/Pau tandem would be among the best in history. I can just see the pick and roles now....
                  Where did you get Pau from?
                  It's about money

Comment

List is nice but include Sonny Weems instead of DD.

Comment

Are you guys serious?

How do you imagine this 8:3 (11 player, 2 team) deal taking place in reality?
                      It's about money

Comment

Subtract Posey, DD and Jack and it's a good deal. Andrea's value has to be about half of Paul's. Throw in two first rounders and a third if the raps buy another pick also to keep the Italians together Bellinelli. All that should make up for the other half of value. And for N.O salary dump, Evans and Banks for Okafor should do. And if N.O want immediate cap relief then maybe a three way with the Griz I hear there interested in Caldaron. Although I'm sure they wouldn't mind Paul either.

Comment

Amazing

If this trade could ever go down, I would do it in a heart beat!!! If Chris Bosh would walk away from this scenario he would be an idiot, and I even think Turkoglu in this situation would be good. Chris Paul, In my opinion, is the best point guard in the league. i know all you Deron Williams lovers will disagree, but you pair one of the best point guards, and one of the best power forwards together, it equals Boner City!! Okafor is a defender as well and rebounds. If dreams only came true! I would be sad to see Derozan leave, however if people still see potential in bargnani, they're delusional. I still see potential in Darko Milicic as well.

Comment

philwill wrote: View Post
                            Are you guys serious?

How do you imagine this 8:3 (11 player, 2 team) deal taking place in reality?
                            Well it would only be 6 players for three not including the draft pick. If you wanted to, take bellinelli out and the contracts should still work. Also the hornets would be able to trade 2 for 1 with another team to free up a roster spot before this deal went down. The hornets would be able to get instant cap relief while receiving young talent. People saying that they don't want to trade dd or bargs and can't part with the young guns are on crack. Paul is the best pg in the NBA when he's healthy and him and bosh would be incredible for the raptors franchise and the city. Immediate contenders after a couple roster tweaks and we could compete at a high level for the next 5 years minimum.
                            Last edited by Spilak; Tue Jun 22, 2010, 11:37 PM.

Comment

I still don't think its enough to get Paul, there would be better deals out there especially with the Lebron card looming over everything.

The guy who said Bargs is half of Paul, he's lucky if he's a quarter.

It would be a megadeal though because NO would definitely want to package Emeka and/or Posey. I would think NO would want a high pick in this draft or a young star on a rookie deal, I don't know if Derozan fits that bill.

Comment

Working...
                              X