This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Making Name For Self as Draft Nears

Will he get away from the Raptors? Seems more and more like he might not be available at #13. BC may have to trade up to get him. I am not sure he will if has to. We shall see.

George making name for self as draft nears

By Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 5 hours, 32 minutes ago

The scout wasn’t backing down. In five years, he said, the best player from the 2010 NBA draft won’t be John Wall.

Evan Turner?

Nope.

DeMarcus Cousins?

Nope.

Derrick Favors?

Nope.

“In five years,” the Eastern Conference scout said, “Paul George will be the best player to come out of this draft.

“Trust me.”

Paul George?

Unless you’re a well-studied draftnik or hail from Fresno, Calif., chances are you haven’t heard too much about George – if you’ve heard of him at all. That’s OK with George. He’s about to go from relatively anonymous to relatively rich on Thursday, when he’s projected as a possible lottery pick in the draft.

And if you listen to the 20-year-old George – who clearly isn’t lacking for confidence – his climb toward stardom won’t end there.

“I feel like I have all the intangibles, all the tools to be one of the best players not only in this draft, but to play in this game,” George said. “It’s something I’m really taking to heart. My dream is to not only get drafted – that’s a goal of mine – but my dream is to someday be a legend at this game. I want to work to be that.”

Before George elevates himself to legend, he’ll need to introduce himself to NBA fans.
    http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/ne...=newthread&f=2
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

I sure hope that Eastern Conference scout's team is picking AFTER 13.

Comment

We have to hope that Hayward and Babbitt go Top 10. Clippers, Utah and Pacers are the most likely teams to grab him Top 10.

All you need is one team reaching in any draft, and then all of a sudden, the next team is surprised and grabs the player they thought was gone for sure. From there, it snowballs.

Everybody pray for Hayward and Babbitt Top 10.

I don't think Memphis picks him at #12 after he dissed them. Will N'Orleans grab Xavier at #11?

It is gonna be a lot of fun. I cannot wait!

George, I think, is going to be a very good player. And he rebounds!

Comment

I could see him developing into an all-star, he has a lot of the necessary skills and traits and if he's there at 13 that's definitely a steal. If we were going to trade up to get someone though, I want Cousins or Aminu, they are the two guys outside the top three I see as can't miss.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
          I could see him developing into an all-star, he has a lot of the necessary skills and traits and if he's there at 13 that's definitely a steal. If we were going to trade up to get someone though, I want Cousins or Aminu, they are the two guys outside the top three I see as can't miss.
          I think Cousins will become another

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

^^ LMAO...too funny.
            The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
            Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
            www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
            http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
            http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Paul George had a workout in Memphis (today?):

http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/video/2...y7Redo-1354751

I think Im gonna cry myself to sleep tonight.

Comment

I don't think Memphis takes George, because I think New Orleans or the Clippers will take him first. That's very unfortunate for the Raptors

Comment

Ya, but what about all those back problems that George has been trying to hide [start rumour now]? That will really affect his play.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                  X