NBA 2K10 vs NBA LIVE 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA 2K10 vs NBA LIVE 10

Ok, dont know if this is something the admins are ok with, but I wanna get the new game for the 360 this year. I have been a fan of the 2K series for a few years now, but i have been reading some posts and reviews that suggest LIVE has upped the ante this year. I want your opinions. IF you could only play the one, which one is best for you and why?

I picked up nbalive08 for the 360 and absolutely hated the game play.. not sure if 2010 is radicially different but what a departure 08 was from even 06. Mind you I was playing previous versions on different consoles. The relative game play is usually the same though, for example I had no issues going from game cube to ps2 to version on the 360 I think it was 06?

I should mentioned I played 2k9 and it was ok but I don't like how you don't use the second stick on the right hand side to do cross overs and spin moves like you do in the EA live games.

Comment

MC_Brad wrote: View Post
      Ok, dont know if this is something the admins are ok with, but I wanna get the new game for the 360 this year. I have been a fan of the 2K series for a few years now, but i have been reading some posts and reviews that suggest LIVE has upped the ante this year. I want your opinions. IF you could only play the one, which one is best for you and why?
      If you have Xbox Live, just download both of the demos and see which one you like best. Keep in mind, NBA 2K10 made its demo very bare bones on the presentation side - judge it only on its gameplay.

I think 2K10 is head and shoulders above Live in every way aside from ball-handling, but that's just me.

Comment

Thunder wrote: View Post
        I should mentioned I played 2k9 and it was ok but I don't like how you don't use the second stick on the right hand side to do cross overs and spin moves like you do in the EA live games.
        Actually, In 2K you can change the control options so the right stick is for dribble moves.

Comment

In my opinion, although Live has improved its gameplay this year, 2k10 still is much, much better in that regard. The action is more fluid, more realistic and its deeper. Also, the My Player mode is really cool in NBA 2k10. The only things that I think are better in Live are performance and presentation, in 2k10 there's the rare framerate drop and the menus aren't as easy to navigate as they are in Live. Some people think that the 2k series is harder to pick up and play, but if you've been playing the game for several years than that won't be a problem.

Comment

I have a PS3 and I tried out both demos. I'll give you my views.

Live 10- Huge improvement over last year. Live 10 really brings solid gameplay with good presentation. There still is some Live 09 DNA in it. For example, if you drive and there are a few defenders, your player may just jump and slide right past them (the defenders slant to a side as if they want you to go). If you have been dissapointed with Live before, I don't think you will be this time. To play with players like Kobe or Lebron or Wade feels like you have total control of the game.

Live 2k10- A new edition called "My Player" (not on the demo but I do my research). This has a mode where you can create your player, go through training camps, and I think into the NBA. Neat idea but there are a few bugs so be aware. Post play is quite difficult to guard against, you really need to get the timing right but that will improve as you play the game more often. Online you can make a crew (max 5 ppl) which you can play with to paly with other crews. I do believe Live 10 also features full 5 on 5's aswell.

Live 10 - 8.2/10
            2k10 - 8.5/10

(These ratings are from a gaming site, not by me).

I had 2k7 for the ps2,
            live 08 for the ps3
            I, personally would get 2k10 because I really like how realistic everything is, but your choice entirely.
            Onions baby, onions.

Comment

NBA 2k10:
              Pros - Most realistic sports game period. Presentation and commentary is amazing. You can make your custom PA sound music. My Player is the most addicting mode. A lot of cool features. Graphics are better. Can create your own crew (team) and invite your friends
              Cons - Online game is horrible. Lags alot or often just disconnects. Team-Up Crew, Pick-Up Games, Online Leagues have good chance of disconnecting. If you play My Player mode and you get cut from Summer League, you'll get offered by another team and if you sign with them. Your going to create a clone that screws up your stats and skill points.(There is a way to avoid it: You have to exist to dashboard if you get cut and re-load the game. This will cause you to stay with the original team and will not create a clone). There are a lot of minor glitches that make the game just frustraiting at times.

However they are releasing patch in 2-3weeks to fix it. Hopefully the glitches will be fixed because if it's not fixed then I'm not buying 2k11.

As far as NBA Live 10, only played demo. The game is much improved, however 2k10 has a slight edge on them. Commentary has been same since 2006 and crossovers are way too easy to pull off. Online game is very fluid, I hear. But it's not as realistic as NBA 2k10
              Graphics look decent.

If you're looking for most realistic game then get NBA 2k10, but if you're looking to play online modes, then you should get NBA Live 10

Comment

On Metacritic (game review averaging site) these are the scores:

NBA Live 10: 80 based on 27 reviews

NBA 2K10: 83 based on 25 reviews

Doesn't look like there's a big difference between the two but the game critics seem to generally like 2K10 a bit better.

Comment

Mhmm. I did find out a few more things on the subject.

2k10- Eh, there can be some crazy passes into the paint. For Example, your on the top of the key and someone will cut into the paint, running right through everyone and the man with the ball will pass it like there's no one infront of him, this results in a catch-turn-off the board shot. Relating back to my previous comment, post d is hard in this game. Online is still screwed up, you will disconnect a lot but their fixing up some patches and what not.

With the major improvements on Live, I'm still going with 2k.
                  Onions baby, onions.

Comment

I haven't played any basketball games yet on my 360 (I mostly play FPS)... did a Google search on "2k10 patches" and came up with an extensive list by a dude named pastapadre... crazy list of proposed corrections.

I think I'll just wait for Modern Warfare 2 instead.

Comment

nba 2k10 is better in every way...

Comment

Working...
                      X