This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monta Ellis Needed in Toronto

BC get on the phone. Trade our 13th pick + Jack and Weems. We get 6th pick + Ellis

The Warriors are talking to a number of teams about potential trades and it looks like the No. 6 pick in the draft is up for grabs. The cost, however is high. The Warriors want whoever takes the pick to take on the contract of Monta Ellis as part of the deal. If the Warriors keep the pick, they're deciding between Greg Monroe and Ekpe Udoh. My source continues to support what I wrote Tuesday night -- Udoh has the edg

Season wrote: View Post
    BC get on the phone. Trade our 13th pick + Jack and Weems. We get 6th pick + Ellis

The Warriors are talking to a number of teams about potential trades and it looks like the No. 6 pick in the draft is up for grabs. The cost, however is high. The Warriors want whoever takes the pick to take on the contract of Monta Ellis as part of the deal. If the Warriors keep the pick, they're deciding between Greg Monroe and Ekpe Udoh. My source continues to support what I wrote Tuesday night -- Udoh has the edg
    I don't think the Warriors would accept this offer. They are giving us so much in return for very little. If we added in Turkoglu and they add a guy like Turiaf or Tolliver, I would be happy.

I absolutely love the idea of Ellis to Toronto though. Would fit nicely running down the court with DDR.

If Turkoglu was involved with this trade, it wouldn't be such a bad idea for the Warriors. They do need some vetrans to lead a fairly young team. It would also give the Warriors a distributer and let Curry play off the ball more.

These are just my thought though, so I don't know what everyone else is going to think.

Comment

can we do 13th jack and turk? 'cus that'd be sweet
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Jack, Weems and #13 for Ellis and #6 doesn't work. The Raptors are above the cap and cannot take on more than 125% +100k of the outgoing salaries.

Jack, Turkoglu and #13 for Ellis and #6 might work. I forget how or if the trade kicker affects the salary computation for trade purposes. Don't really think it's attractive to the Warriors though, especially not with the trade kicker. Hedo would end up costing them more than Ellis in the end. If they trade Ellis with the #6, it will either be for someone else young-ish with a big contract, or in a straight salary dump, IMO.

Comment

Why on earth would the Warriors accept that? They lower their pick, and get less talent in players. There is no value to the Warriors. If they took out the pick and put in Tolliver and we add Turk, then it might be able to happen.

Comment

I don't understand people's love of Ellis. He's an undersized shooting guard that shoots an enormous amount but doesn't score very efficiently and doesn't play much defense. And he plays in a system that makes him look better than he is, his teams don't win and he's vastly overpaid.

Of course I'd love to get Golden State's pick, but having to take Ellis, no matter who the Raptors gave up, makes me think twice.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              I don't understand people's love of Ellis. He's an undersized shooting guard that shoots an enormous amount but doesn't score very efficiently and doesn't play much defense. And he plays in a system that makes him look better than he is, his teams don't win and he's vastly overpaid.

Of course I'd love to get Golden State's pick, but having to take Ellis, no matter who the Raptors gave up, makes me think twice.
              Totally agree with you on this Tim. Ellis is essentially a younger Ben Gordon.

Comment

It seems like everyone has a source these days.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

For those who haven't heard, GS apparently turned down Mayo and Thabeet for Ellis. Mayo is better than anyone the raps have and Thabeet is either an epic bust in one of the deepest drafts ever or in need of a couple more D league reps to learn how to play basketball. To think that raps have any pieces that could interest GS in anything other than a dump is foolhardy.

I think Ellis is awesome. Are his stats possibly inflated yes, does his game benefit the system yes, do his team perennially suck yes, but that doesn't change the fact that the guy has crazy game and has never really had a chance to prove his worth in the playoffs.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                    Totally agree with you on this Tim. Ellis is essentially a younger Ben Gordon.
                    Ugh! Of course, I'd have no problem with either player if he made half his present salary and agreed to come off the bench.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Ellis is sick man. His character is a little questionable after that moped incident, but on the court he can fill it up. He does play in an offense that's statistically uplifting. However ellis is an absolute burner. He's one of the fastest guards in the L who without a doubt can guard pretty much guard anybody, and on the contrary beat them off the dribble. I know this isn't apparent as he played on G-State; a team who are allot like the Raptors in that both teams have players who can play D, but are victims of terrible team defensive schemes/integrity. He is exactly what the raps could use.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                        Ellis is sick man. His character is a little questionable after that moped incident, but on the court he can fill it up. He does play in an offense that's statistically uplifting. However ellis is an absolute burner. He's one of the fastest guards in the L who without a doubt can guard pretty much guard anybody, and on the contrary beat them off the dribble. I know this isn't apparent as he played on G-State; a team who are allot like the Raptors in that both teams have players who can play D, but are victims of terrible team defensive schemes/integrity. He is exactly what the raps could use.
                        never heard ellis associated with 'good D.'

i doubt GState would be interested in turk, or taking on any salary, for that matter, that doesn't involve expiring contracts (perhaps evans &/or banks, along with a cheap young guy like weems???).

i can see why they'd be interested in moving down in the draft, having the 6th pick in a 4-man draft kinda sucks, it's really no better than having the 10th or 15th picks, since the quality of guy you're getting at 6 likely isn't much different than a guy that will be available late in the lottery. of course, it would be typically raptor-esque to finally move up in a draft to a spot that will be devoid of impact players. who they gonna take with the 6th that will be *better* than what's available at 13? IMO, if you're not able to move into the top-4, you're better off moving down into the 20's.
                        TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

The sixth pick is very very good in this draft and you don't really hit the part of the draft where everyone is about the same till the 8th pick. To me it goes
                          Wall
                          Turner
                          Johnson
                          Favours
                          Cousins
                          Monroe
                          Aminu
                          The rest
                          Some sites have Cousins there, Aminu will almost certainly be there and with all this talk about the Nets messing up Minni's draft for them, we could even have one of the top four guys drop to six. I would be very happy trading Jack pretty much anyone on the roster other than DeRozen and maybe Bargs for Monta and the 6th.
                          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

[QUOTE=yertu damkule;21851]never heard ellis associated with 'good D.'

Ya well according to Rap fans Turk is a terrible defender too, but for some reason he was Orlando's lock down guard in their 08/09 run.

Comment

because he is quick, can create his own shot, get's lots of steals, can put up points. he scored like 40 points and fouled out(which is considered a bad game?)
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X