Proposal - Toronto, Utah & New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposal - Toronto, Utah & New Jersey

Toronto Trades: Hedo Turkoglu ($9.8 M), Andrea Bargnani ($8 M)
    Toronto Outgoing Salary: $17.8 M

Utah Trades: Andrei Kirilenko ($17.8 M), Carlos Boozer (S&T $14-15 M), Draft Rights to #9
    Utah Outgoing Salary: $31.8-32.8 M

New Jersey Trades: Keyon Dooling ($3.8 M, only $500K guaranteed), Courtney Lee $(1.35 M), Draft Rights to #3, #27
    New Jersey Outgoing Salary: $5.15 M

New Jersey Receives: Carlos Boozer, Andrei Kirilenko
    New Jersey Incoming Salary: $31.8-32.8 M

PG: Devn Harris
    SG: Terrence Williams
    SF: Andrei Kirilenko
    PF: Carlos Boozer/Yi Jianlin
    C: Brook Lopez/Kris Humphries

+ Qualifying Offer to Josh Boone
    + #31 pick

Is Courtney Lee and Derrick Favors worth Andrei Kirilenko and Carlos Boozer? For Prokhorov, Kirilenko is likely a prized asset. This also puts the Nets in a position to win much sooner rather than later (Something prokhorov wants). A front court of Kirilenko-Boozer-Lopez is deadly, especially in the east.

Technically speaking prokhorov could sign Boozer outright, but he wouldn't be able to obtain Kirilenko without giving up assets. In this scenario Toronto gives up its assets in exchange for unproven comodities.

Utah Receives: Andrea Bargnani, Hedo Turkoglu, Courtney Lee
    Utah Incoming Salary: $19.15 M

PG: Deron Williams/Ronnie Price
    SG: Courtney Lee
    SF: Hedo Turkoglu/CJ Miles
    PF: Paul Milsap
    C: Andrea Bargnani/Mehmet Okur/Kosta Koufos

+ #55 pick
    + re-sign Wesley Matthews

Utah gets its Okur replacement with Bargs, a proven playoff vet to help shoulder the load with Hedo, and fills their whole at the 2-guard spot with Lee, who has playoff finals experience and is a strong defender and three point shooter (shot over 40% in Orlando).

Toronto Receives: Keyon Dooling, Draft Rights to #3, #9, #27
    Toronto Incoming Salary: $3.8 M (only $500K guaranteed) + signing draft picks

PG: Jose/Jack/Banks
    SG: DeRozan/Belinelli
    SF: Weems
    PF: Reggie Evans
    C:

+ Re-sign Amir Johnson
    + #3 Draft Rights (Derrick Favors/Wesley Johnson/Demarcus Cousins)
    + #9 Draft Rights (Greg Monroe/Paul George/Pattrick Patterson)
    + #13 Draft Pick (Cole Aldrich/Avery Bradley/Xavier Henry/Eric Bledsoe)
    + #27 Draft Rights (Gani Lawal?)

Toronto pushes the reset button, with the only long and over-priced contract being Jose Calderon. They end up with 4 first rounders and begin rebuilding Oklahoma style. They also still have the Chris Bosh sign-and-trade to gain some more assets.

Id probably go with this scenario if the Raps do decide to go on full rebuilding mode. Getting as many good players in the same draft class could be a plus, coz they can use that common aspect and bond together. It would also be good for triano, since he's a young coach, he wont be burdened with as much expectations to get the team into winning mode right away. he can also grow with the team.

Jack would be gone for sure, he'd probably request for a trade coz i dont think he's at the point in his career to go through a rebuilding process, probably same with Jose. BC will probably go elsewhere since there will be no need to pay him big bucks to cook up trades.

Expect another 1-2 years of cellar-dwelling though.

Comment

Very interesting trade scenario. Not something I would have looked at but definitely workable. I would definitely avoid Monroe with the second pick though. I would go for this one, and it works in principle with the Nets, not sure about Utah but it would work in Sloan's system. Then we still have Calderon to trade, and build a strong core with Favors being compared to Bosh right now in terms of production down the road.

Comment

haha Marz you love doing these don't you.

I think Utah comes out looking the cleanest, that's a dangerous lineup for Deron to run wild with and Milsap is a great pairing for Bargs.

I think NJ might come out a little short. They are giving up the 3rd for what really? They can sign Boozer outright and I really don't know how much value AK has, it might be a ton or a little. Aren't they better off offering the Booz a max deal so they don't have to S&T for him and then drafting hopefully Turner, but maybe Wes Johnson.

I love the raps rebuilding around picks and having a cornerstone in either Favors or Cousins.

Comment

This is the direction we need to go, but BC doesn't do it because it says "my entire tenure in Toronto has been a failure, so I'll blow the whole thing up for my replacement".

I expect he'll do the half-ass, treadmill of mediocrity retool that we've seen year after year...we'll finish 7th or 8th next year and then he'll leave only we'll have missed our golden opportunity to rebuild with the assets we could get in the Bosh S&T...we've only got one shot.

Comment

Looks good Marz. Pretty indepth thought on Prokhorov wanting AK47.

Comment

I dont understand if your going in a rebuilding mode then I would rather have a good PF in Andrea. Later you can add favours/cousins as a C. I dont think we will trade both Andrea and Bosh because that defeats the purpose of rebuilding.

Comment

I was playing in a Fantasy Basketball league last year in which I was getting some ridiculous one sided trade proposal from 3-4 guys in that league.

The trades were so one sided that I usually would just send them a a question:

Are you insane or do you think I am insane ??

Now, that I registered here, I see that there are many guys like that around.

So this is mt reply to your proposal:

Unless Jazz and NJ are run by a 6 year old kids, you have no chance of ever getting a deal like this.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                  I was playing in a Fantasy Basketball league last year in which I was getting some ridiculous one sided trade proposal from 3-4 guys in that league.

Unless Jazz and NJ are run by a 6 year old kids, you have no chance of ever getting a deal like this.
                  Marz breaks the deal down economically, which is feasible. As well its a deal that changes the makeup of 3 stagnant teams, in dire need of trades.

Comment

Maybe you should post a reason instead of just shooting someone down.

With regards to another poster, why isn't it possible to rebuild without Bosh or Bargs?

Comment

@mo-sales: Yes, I love thinking up trade scenarios that would never happen . When one eventually does happen, I'll make sure to put it in my siggy lol.

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post

I think Utah is getting a very good deal here. Andrei Kirilenko for Hedo, Boozer for Bargs, and Courtney Lee for the number 9. Boozer is pretty much gone anyway, getting an Okur replacement in the process is a nice consolation prize imo. Not to mention that Utah's incoming salary of THREE talented starters is almost the same as Andrei Kirilenko's entire salary.

The people who could say no are the New Jersey Nets. The trade hinges on Prokhorov wanting Andrei Kirilenko in a Nets uniform asap. If that's not what he wants, then he can sign Boozer out-right. However someone mentioned he should give the max to Boozer... I think Rod Thorn would try very hard to convince Prokhorov NOT to give Boozer the max because he's not a max player... at all. 14-15 mil is more than enough for Boozer's services (in fact, 12-13 is probably fair for an offensive PF that can rebound). With rumblings that the Nets want to draft Johnson instead of Favors so that they don't have to wait on a project, I think this trade makes sense.
                      Last edited by Marz; Thu Jun 24, 2010, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Raptors wrote: View Post
                        I dont understand if your going in a rebuilding mode then I would rather have a good PF in Andrea. Later you can add favours/cousins as a C. I dont think we will trade both Andrea and Bosh because that defeats the purpose of rebuilding.
                        I don't agree. I would rather have a couple young players grow together as a team (If this deal went through then it would be an awesome young, young team) much like OKC. This type of system will create a more competitive environment (in my mind anyways), as well as a fresh look for the Raps. If Raps get the 3rd pick, then they are going to receive the best scorer in the draft, which equals awesome.

Comment

I really can't see New Jersey trading the 3rd pick for Boozer and Kirilenko. If Prokhorov wants to do this, Thorn is gone and the Nets lose respect around the league. I don't see this as feasible.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I'm with Nick and Marz

No reason to think you have to rebuild around Bargnani, and why would you want to? I am not a Bargs hater, but not a lover, and if you are to build an athletic team...well he isn't. Too bad we can't get Courtney Lee out of this jumble, but it makes more sense for Utah. And really Bosh could sign into this if he sees this jumble, and wants to be around for what could be an electrifying team. Of course that would mess up the draft picks a little (Favors would be replaced by Johnson.)

Comment

Boozer is following the almighty dollar that we can be sure of. Whatever team in whatever league in whatever country offers him the most money he will gladly sign on the dotted line and then take the next few years off. Some GM with cap space will be dumb enough to offer him max money and then watch his team self destruct from the inside out.

Comment

Working...
                              X